• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d4f97eb9dfaafba

Been testing this thing for a few matches. The best thing about this build is that you can jump between all sorts of strange places and turn to all kinds of weird directions, which actually helps a lot protecting your precious ears. Plus you get to shoot at enemies from some impossible directions like, above. The two ASRM4 should be good enough if you're caught off guard by an ECM 'Mech before returning to your pack for help.

#2 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

CPLT-A1

This is what I have been using, I thought I would need to drop in some non streak srms to deal with ecm units, but I found that its much better to just try to stay with your teams ecm and ask them to switch to counter-ecm mode when they see another ecm.

They usually do, two volleys from a streak cat will generally handle your typical raven 3L pilot, three if they actually know what they are doing. Otherwise, I try and stay in that 250-270 sweet spot range and perpetually unload streak missiles, with 6 launchers in chain fire you can keep up sustained fire fore the early stages of the fight, then switch to Alpha strikes once the enemies armor is starting to melt.

Im following the same pattern you describe with the jumpjets. looking for nooks and cranny to protect my delicate ears.

Honestly, I didnt think I would like the streakcat, I am usually a fan of planting all my damage in one section, and streaks don't let you do that, but once I started getting used to the idea of focusing on evasion, and just keeping the streaks coming I started to realize just how much damage you can apply with a streak cat, its not in big spikes, but it just doesn't stop for anything, its a steady uninterrupted stream of damage to the enemy team, softening them up so that your quad laser dragon that normally needs 2 alphas to core a cataphract now only needs one, and that atlas gets its ac20 ripped out in 2 volleys of AC fire instead of 3. Oddly I find it far more satisfying than the Splat-cat. Even though I'm not getting as many kills, I am dealing more damage and living considerably longer, it also annoys the crap out of lights and mediums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users