Mechwarrior Tactics Is Actually Pretty Fun

24 replies to this topic

#21 Taizan

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

Moved this topic to the "Off topic" sub forum, where this discussion is more appropriate.

#22 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostCik, on 19 January 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

No one cares about graphics, if you do you are an awful person. if you can tell what is on the field, then that is good enough.

As far as I'm concerned, Megamek is a really cool game if you want to experience TT yourself without the extensive requirements TT games have.

However, for one thing, identifying mechs from their perspective is pretty hard and knowing their loadout on the first glimpse is impossible. Style-wise, altough ugly, the MWT has an upper hand allowing you to easily recognize and differentiate chassis and their modifications, which is something a lot of games strive for to make better overall game experience.

#23 Cik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostAdridos, on 19 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

As far as I'm concerned, Megamek is a really cool game if you want to experience TT yourself without the extensive requirements TT games have.

However, for one thing, identifying mechs from their perspective is pretty hard and knowing their loadout on the first glimpse is impossible. Style-wise, altough ugly, the MWT has an upper hand allowing you to easily recognize and differentiate chassis and their modifications, which is something a lot of games strive for to make better overall game experience.

shrug. i guess i'm a neckbeard so it doesn't bother me. barrier to entry is less important than depth and complexity. you are perhaps correct about those very narrow improvements upon megamek, but literally everything else about the game in current state is inferior.

#24 Lampshade 1

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostPurplefluffybunny, on 19 January 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

Thing is megamek is as close to the board game as you are going to get online. There was a similar game made by hobbyists for Warhammer 40K, but Games Workshop shut them down.
Hey... This isn't anywhere on topic, but do you play MWLL? I remember harassing a guy by your name in a BA earlier today.

#25 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

View PostLampshade 1, on 20 January 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Hey... This isn't anywhere on topic, but do you play MWLL? I remember harassing a guy by your name in a BA earlier today.

Yes, he does.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users