A Mercernary Story: Issue #1 part A

No replies to this topic

#1 Capnflintlock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm by no means a great writer, or scholar in the ways of battletech, so please forgive me if I make a few technical mistakes about mechs, conflicting story elements and etc. Anyway, This is my first real attempt at fan fiction so the first parts rather short. Please feel free to critique my work in any way you feel fit, and if you like it, make it heard so I can know if you want more.

A note about the series, each issue is a different story, while parts A, B, C and etc are continuations of the same issue its under.

Anyway, without further adieu, issue #1, part A

The battle had been going on for some time, and General Redrick's mercenary unit had just about finished off the Steiner's dwindling forces. A shockwave rocked the general's Catapult. Redrick smiled, "Only a Steiner would be stupid enough to move 5 assault mechs over an insecure bridge into enemy territory". He eyed the damage that his engineers had done. Using only 10 sets of explosive charges, he and his men had managed to destroy the bridge, and their Steiner guests. The Catapult lurched forward, taking 2 short steps towards the edge of the cliff it was perched on. "Looks like our operation was a huge success, Frost Spear, whats it look like down there?" Static filled the com-line. "Frost Spear do you copy?". Redrick impatiently bit his lip. "Eagle Eye, report in, what the hell's going on down there?". Static hissed outward.

He was disoriented and afraid, but not alone. He switched his commando's weapon systems online. The rubble of the once prominent overpass he had destroyed twitched. Frost Spear let lose with everything he had. 10 missiles and a laser crashed inwards on the pile of debris. The rubble exploded outward, sending elemental sized boulders flying in all directions. The SRM tubes clicked as the missles were refitted into them, Frost Spear took aim and began to pull the trigger again.

A hunchback came to an abrupt stop behind Frost Lance as a rock slammed into the mech's hull. "What the hell are you doing rookie, theres no way a mech, let a lone a pilot could survive a fall from that height?". Frost lance glanced back at Eagle Eye. "I don't know man, I swear I saw something moving underneath it, I, I....., I just kinda panicked." The hunchback looked towards the debree, and then up towards the ledge where General Redrick was supposed to be on. "Frost, It looks like our communications have been down since the blast, I don't know if something got kicked up in the air or.."

The scream of an AC-20 round filled the air of the valley as it tore through the hunchback's side, igniting an ammo explosion. Flames billowed outward as the right torso of the mech exploded into a fiery sun. The hunchback tilted over and landed on the ground. An atlas stepped out of the rubble that had encased it. A second AC-20 round slammed into the burning carcass of the hunchback, tearing through its rended torso and spreading the already massive flames within it.

Stay tuned for part B

Edited by Capnflintlock, 25 May 2012 - 06:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users