Lrm Cataphract-2X Gtbuck Style.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Gtbuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts
  • LocationSoutheast US

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

I really don't have a name for this mech but thought i would share it as i haven't seen anyone else run this. At first I built it because I was tired of brawling and didn't have room for a catapult but have found it to be a good mech to mix things up a bit. It's not the kind of mech that's going to give you 8 kills and 1500 damage a game, but it is good for generating exp and great for support. I don't have all the stats in front of me but the short of it is....
Upgrade to DHS and endo, reduced armor in legs to 30 or 35, mlas in right arm, ac10 and mlas in right torso, tag in left torso with some of the ammo and case, 2 lrm 15s in left arm(one nice thing about this is the volley exits in 3 bursts, yeah that gives ams more time to react, but it also causes a lot of screen shake). Electronics are tag and BAP. I can't remember the exact tonnages, but I think it's 4 tons lrm and 2 tons ac-10 ammo. The down side to this is the engine is reduced to a 210 std fand you have to add 2 DHS, speed is 53kph.

i try to stay around the 600 meter range so my ac-10 still does decent damage, the lrms arrive on target quickly, and of course in range of tag. If your on a team that works together this setup is great as you can find targets quickly(BAP) and with tag your team can knock a mech down quickly all the while generating spot and tag bonuses.

Again, it's not the mech for you if your just looking to rack up kills, but if your ok with decent damage, getting bonus exp and helping your team, it's a great mech.

Anyway, recommendations are welcome.

#2 Silent Stryder

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Your quite enthusiastic which is good but try using this to be more clear and help us out http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

Edited by Silent Stryder, 20 January 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#3 Gtbuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts
  • LocationSoutheast US

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

thanks for the link, i've never tried that before, anyway, it didn't come up quite like what i built in game, but the jest is....CTF-2X

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users