Double Xp Weekend Feedback

2 replies to this topic

#1 freak

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Just dropping a note to you guys regarding this weekends Double XP event. I must say I was heartily disappointed by this event for a specific reason that may have been overlooked when it was organised.
Most of my matches this weekend were Loses for a variety of reasons and I noticed, particularly in matches were in fact I was able to do quite a bit of damage that I only got the fixed 200 points of XP, nothing for damage or anything else. Needless to say this has been a huge disappointment as it felt like I was busting my hump for nothing, I think it is very unfair that just because your team is on the Losing end of an engagement the pilots that actually do well get virtually nothing in XP, it simply encourages XP mining by Quitting at the start.
Suggestion: Win or Lose pilots get the XP they deserve, not necessarily the C-Bills but the XP should apply.

#2 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I think the double xp just highlighted the XP discrepancy between winning and losing. A loss earns a base 100xp and a win 300xp ... in addition, xp are only earned for kills, kill assists and spotting. Kills earn more experience typically than assists. As a result, a good win will be 1000xp and a loss 100xp since quite often there will be very few kills in a loss (a lot of losses are very one-sided).

This discrepancy between win/loss xp has been present for a long time. A player could do 500 damage on the losing team with no kills and thus no assists and only make 100xp. Perhaps the suggestion should be that damage done contribute to the xp reward.

#3 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Double XP weekend is great, got my hunchbacks up to master in one weekend :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users