65 replies to this topic

#21 Hallgeirr Olafsson

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I'll see if I can get First Guards involved.

#22 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Thanks Hallgeirr,

Let us know ASAP, so we can get a few more House Units involved.

#23 Overdog

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

I think this is a great idea. You might want to try and contact some merc units directly to attract more units to this.

Edited by Overdog, 30 January 2013 - 07:02 AM.

#24 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Overdog we have done that, and several merc units already have a presence on our forums as well. We have a fantastic response so far and our biggest problem may be how to turn away units if we have more than we can possibly use.

#25 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

View Postdal10, on 25 January 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

they are having another civil war... when will it ever end...

Just sit back and enjoy.

Who do you think they got that ECM from, when we are the only house capable of manufactoring Raven-3L and the technology's not even retro-engineerable (that'đ why Davies created the 2X, becuase they couldn't use the ECM on the stolen Ravens)? See?

Everything goes according to the plan. :huh:

#26 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostAdridos, on 30 January 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

Just sit back and enjoy.

Or join in the fun!

#27 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostAym, on 30 January 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Or join in the fun!

My mech has seats from a Rolls-Royce (Yeah, Capellans got to create the luxurious cars of the future, not sure if RR or Jaguars, but...). So even if I joined, I could sit back and enjoy. :huh:

#28 Overdog

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostAym, on 30 January 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Overdog we have done that, and several merc units already have a presence on our forums as well. We have a fantastic response so far and our biggest problem may be how to turn away units if we have more than we can possibly use.

Great to hear...I may know of a few more merc companies who will throw their hat in the mix. Wink Wink Nod Nod...

#29 anthony gryphon

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationThayer, Mo

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

The Silver Hawk Irregulars are here to drink beer and defend Shiloh. (Worthless dirt heap though it may be...)

#30 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

View Postanthony gryphon, on 30 January 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

The Silver Hawk Irregulars are here to drink beer and defend Shiloh. (Worthless dirt heap though it may be...)

It's OUR worthless dirt heap.

#31 Ettibber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostAym, on 30 January 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Or join in the fun!

i would, but i don't want to intrude on your TS. i've yet to drop against many mariks or with any.

#32 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

Ett you may be surprised, we don't all advertise out of politeness. Even in 8-player queue we don't always advertise. We're about 800 players strong and obviously not all of them play all the time but just last night I saw 4 8-player groups on our TS3 and that was after our peak hours, in addition to the 4-player (or less) groups.

#33 Ettibber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostAym, on 01 February 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

Ett you may be surprised, we don't all advertise out of politeness. Even in 8-player queue we don't always advertise. We're about 800 players strong and obviously not all of them play all the time but just last night I saw 4 8-player groups on our TS3 and that was after our peak hours, in addition to the 4-player (or less) groups.

i prefer the idea of annoucing, if you are against pugs they know that they are facing at least a partial premade, and in 8 v 8's it's fun to know who you are fighting.

#34 Protection

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

I honestly think it is a great idea, but keeping track of everything properly, even for what little the teams have to monitor themselves, seems rather difficult and I'm having trouble convincing people that it will all be worth the effort.

It's a great idea, even if we dont get to participate, we wish this event the best of luck.

#35 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Dang! Looks awesome, can I join as a Lone Wolf as a filler for teams that need them? :)

Kidding aside, if you allow this, I'll let the people on Osiris1975's Casual Grouping thread know. Some may be interested.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 01 February 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#36 jrgong

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 01 February 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Dang! Looks awesome, can I join as a Lone Wolf as a filler for teams that need them? :)

Kidding aside, if you allow this, I'll let the people on Osiris1975's Casual Grouping thread know. Some may be interested.

if one of you guys steps up and acts as a leader of sorts im sure you could submit yourselves as a de facto merc organization

#37 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. We're a pretty fragmented bunch and I was thinking more in the lines of acting as fillers but I'll spread the word about this with them.

Kudos to House Marik for doing something organised and positive in this sea of negativity.

Good luck with this and as ever, FWLM ftw.

Edit: Dropped Opus of the Lone Wolfs a line about this. His group may be in a better position to participate as a de facto merc corp.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 03 February 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#38 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

What if I just bought every planet instead? Slowly buying all the corporations, controlling all the planets resources and start a propaganda war against your government so they overthrow you and adopt Vengeance of the Fallen as there rulers. Is this acceptable? If that's the case, who needs alliances!

#39 Joe Luck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 01 February 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Dang! Looks awesome, can I join as a Lone Wolf as a filler for teams that need them? :D

It's something that's been asked a lot and I don't quite have an idea of how to integrate into the system without totally modifying the existing system. Maybe casual players are represented as pirates invading rim worlds though don't know the overall effect on the other teams. the initial idea of this was to get the FWLM guys ready for Community Warfare. I know I'm opening up a can of worms here but I am open to intelligent discourse on the matter.

what we have currently is an affiliated player. that can be anyone. the only catch is that a person can't play for another merc or division. also, currently the person in charge of their different units are responsible for who fills out their teams and battles. I'm not going to tell them who they have to fill their ranks.

#40 Brynstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

DR's locked and loaded!

<S>

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users