1 reply to this topic

#1 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

The past few months have not been problematic but some minor border skirmishes have popped up here and there. The Merc units fighting for the Free Rasalhague Republic have been testing the borders more frequently as of late. It feels almost as if these Mercs have been hired just to try and provoke the Combine to attack first. In any rate, my unit and I find ourselves on border patrol yet again. This is the fifth time this week.
We lost or Scout two days ago. Tasha's Grasshopper is missing 75% of her armor from her left flank. Drago is making sure to keep pace in his Grasshopper to protect her mech's none armored side and I'm pulling up the rear in my Dragon. My left leg's knee actuator is looked so the rear of the pack is where I'll be staying. Our Lance was out on recon when they hit. We don't even know who or what they were. They came at us from everywhere.

Yoseful closed out his personal data pad, took a deep breath and opened a com-link to the Grasshopper mech that was now in front and slightly to his left.
“Drago, what do we got?” asked Yoseful.
“I’m not showing any sigs,” came back the voice of Drago on the other end of the com-link, “whatever those things were that took out Hitsoto and his mech are not following us any longer, at least not that my scanners can see.”
“I’m not picking up anything either Captain.” replied Tasha from the cockpit of her heavily damaged Grasshopper.

Yoseful could see the gaping wound in the side of Tasha’s mech’s left side. There was hardly any armor plating left and her internal structure sparked violently where there had once been two heavily armored humanoid looking power armored units grappled to the mech. They ripped and tore at her side till they could get to her internals. Drago was lucky enough to snap off a well placed large laser blast that took one off her side but the second was able to rip into and crawl into the torso of Tasha’s mech. With half its body inside her mech, it began to rip into her mech’s engine housing. Call it skill or just blind luck but Tasha was somehow able to rip the intruder from her mech’s torso, hold it out in front of her front mounted medium lasers in the torso and with a laser blast, ripped it in half. While her quick thinking took care of the invader, her haste to remove the vermin caused her to take her mech’s own left hand off.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 25 May 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#2 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Twelve hours before…
Hitsoto was roughly a hounded and fifty meters out in front of his lance mates scouting the parameter in his light Panther when he picked up a number of random contacts.
“Looks like we got movement!” said Hitsoto.
“Numbers Hitsoto, numbers?” came back Yoseful’s voice over the com-link.
“I… I can’t make out how many. They are moving too fast and are smaller than anything in my computer’s database. The computer cannot pinpoint a tech read out of them.”
“Hold your position. We will be there shortly. Tasha, Drago, advance on Hitsoto’s position and support if needed.” Yoseful’s command went out. But the two twin Grasshoppers were already leaping over trees, jump jets burning to aid their friend and comrade.

“I got two, now four… WAIT! Now five! Five contacts and coming fast! Weapons hot!” screamed Hitsoto over the com-link before his Panther’s arm mounted PPC could be heard discharging its white-blue plasma ball of death. Yoseful knew that if Hitsoto had already resorted to using the PPC on his mech, that the crap had hit the fan fast. Yoseful kicked his heavy Dragon into a full out run plowing through trees as he went.
It was not even a minute or two before Tasha was the first to come bounding over the last outcrop of trees. As her mech came down and she readied her weapons, the sight before her caught her off guard. Two smaller battle armored beings stood on top of what was left of Hitsoto’s Panther. The head and cockpit were ripped open and Hitsoto’s body or what was left of it was all over the place. Tasha screamed out in anger and rushed her 70 tone war machine forward with her four medium lasers and single large laser blazing at the two enemy battle armored beings. They quickly scattered to either side and back into the woodlands. She stopped just feet from her fallen friend’s mech, and still enraged, let loose with all lasers and her LRM-5 pack into the woodlands. Trees fell all around but it was unclear if she hit anything that may have been hiding within the tree line.

Seconds later Drago came leaping over the tree line to join the fray but as soon as he touched down, two of the small battle armored foes leapt in from behind him. One landed to his right and the second landed on his mech’s shoulder. Drago was a bit more seasoned in the cockpit than Tasha was and could keep his cool in events like this. He quickly took a step forward, pivoted on the ball of his mech’s left foot and twisted his mech’s torso as fast as he could without damaging anything internal. The small advisory was quickly thrown off and hit the ground and Drago was just as quick to right his mech, twist back in the direction of the fallen enemy and he let loose with his large laser. The smaller battle armor never made it back up off the ground. All that was left was its lower torso. The single remaining battle armored figure leapt back into the tree line and disappeared. It was not clear if these two enemies were the same two that Tasha went after. But if Hitsoto’s initial reading were right before he was killed, there should be four still out there.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 28 May 2012 - 10:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users