No MPBT on former game list in questionnaire?

46 replies to this topic

#1 xMarshallx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

There's quite a few loyal fans from MultiPlayer BattleTech series that kicked of the entire online BattleTech series back in 92 - kind of shocked that didn't make the list of previous MechWarrior genre games.

#2 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

They also didn't mention that MechAssault game for the Nintendo DS that we don't talk about.

Wait...

#3 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Shhhh! There's already two on the list I couldn't check. Don't need anymore. :)

#4 Toothman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 557 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

They didn't mention Mechwarrior PPP either. The original multiplayer battlemech online. sheesh the world may stop spinning any moment.

#5 Vashts1985

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

there was also no GBL or Mercs on there

or RPG

or TCG

*sadface*

#6 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

I second MPBT:Solaris and MPBT:3025

They also don't mention the Battletech game from Sega that no one talks about either. That's the only console Battletech game I've played.

Would be interesting if they expanded the questions to include general Mecha. In-between Mechwarrior games I've sated my armored combat thirst by playing the crap out of the Armored Core games. Soooo much fun jetting around like a Gundam and letting loose with crazy weaponry. The customization... man... there's really nothing like customizing an Armored Core mecha once you've unlocked all the parts. I think that's my favorite part of those games is spending hours tweaking my build.

But, I digress. :)

Edited by Stalkerr, 25 May 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#7 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhitmore Lake, MI

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Just saying, if they didn't put it on the questionnaire, they probably aren't all that interested about it.

#8 TrentTheWanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

It's funny because Heavy Gear made it onto the list :)

#9 Enaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • 120 posts
  • LocationAnywhere I can keep a close eye on Liao.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Didn't get to mention the two Crescent Hawk games either.

:)

#10 xMarshallx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostOswin Aurelius, on 25 May 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Just saying, if they didn't put it on the questionnaire, they probably aren't all that interested about it.

I would hope that's not the case - thousands of people made their way over here because of the MPBT line, not the prior versions of MechWarrior. MPBT was developed only for online play with planetary capture so if there is a question asking what prior experiences with BT games the user has it could potentially benefit to query folks who actually have a history of playing a game extremely similar to this in the past.

#11 Rot Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Why didn't they ask about if you had played super mario brothers one? I mean come on.

You must ask yourself why I am I holding up a picture of Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kashyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about that. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookie, an eight foot tall Wookie - want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! What does that have to do with this Survey? Nothing. Ladies and Gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this Survey! It does not make sense! None of this makes sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor you must acquit!

Edited by Rot Wulf, 25 May 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#12 Funbags

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

MPBT should be on there even though it never made it out of beta. It was one of my fav games and had great potential.

Edited by Funbags, 25 May 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#13 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostRot Wulf, on 25 May 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Why didn't they ask about if you had played super mario brothers one? I mean come on.

You must ask yourself why I am I holding up a picture of Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kashyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about that. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookie, an eight foot tall Wookie - want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! What does that have to do with this Survey? Nothing. Ladies and Gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this Survey! It does not make sense! None of this makes sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor you must acquit!

Posted Image

Isn't it obvious? Because Chewy loves the lil devils. :)

#14 xMarshallx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostRot Wulf, on 25 May 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Not being disrespectful, but you clearly missed the point. Go into the house threads and I'd say over half of the active participation there is from MPBT players. That is the only reason I raised the question of if we're being gauged on past BattleTech video game experiences to make the beta cut, one that had that much influence would probably be value-added to capture.

#15 Rot Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostFunbags, on 25 May 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

MPBT should be on there...

Maybe they don't feel that would yield important input into their selection process. If there is not data that they want from that option, why waste players time with a box they do not believe matters to MWO?

#16 Rot Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostThe Sniper, on 25 May 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Not being disrespectful, but you clearly missed the point. Go into the house threads and I'd say over half of the active participation there is from MPBT players. That is the only reason I raised the question of if we're being gauged on past BattleTech video game experiences to make the beta cut, one that had that much influence would probably be value-added to capture.

I do not disagree that many looking forward to this game played MPBT, myself included. What matters in these surveys is not every possible game that had some connection to Battletech or Mecha, but what is a decent slice of the player base has played. How many MPBT players have no experience with the other games on the list. When doing a survey you ask specific small easy questions, to get an overall idea of the level of exposure to the genre a person has. I cannot imagine if they had asked for experience with every Mecha type game how long that list would be.

#17 Funbags

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostRot Wulf, on 25 May 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Maybe they don't feel that would yield important input into their selection process. If there is not data that they want from that option, why waste players time with a box they do not believe matters to MWO?

Right, why would they want something directly relevant to this game.

#18 PermaHexx

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Anyone remeber the Solaris AOL game? Best 99 cents an hour in gaming history.

#19 Funbags

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostPermaHexx, on 25 May 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Anyone remeber the Solaris AOL game? Best 99 cents an hour in gaming history.

I remember, I also remember the beatings I got after the first credit card bill came.

#20 Draco Argentum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

I loved beta testing that. I was so disappointed when it got canned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users