Torso Mounted Tag Behaves Oddly

5 replies to this topic

#1 Zelus

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Does anyone else's controls act 'funny' while a torso mounted TAG is engaged?

For me, using my joystick, the torso reticle stops tracking the arm reticle, and I completely lose the ability to pitch up or down.

This makes fighting with TAG engaged nearly impossible. I'm pretty dependent on my arm weapons.

#2 Armadaus Baldwin

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostZelus, on 31 January 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

For me, using my joystick, the torso reticle stops tracking the arm reticle, and I completely lose the ability to pitch up or down.

For me, using my joystick, the torso reticle stops tracking the arm reticle,

For me, using my joystick,

using my joystick

joystick

Praise the C-Bills, I just solved your problem for you!

#3 Parias

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

I don't get it - what's the problem with using a joystick? Isn't this supposed to be a mech sim?

#4 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Joystick support is a low priority for the devs for the time being. Expect bugs, do not expect much support. If it had better support I would be using mine.

#5 Hatachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 456 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

I feel your pain. I threw down money for a Saitek X52 and matching Rudders in preparation for this game. It looks they'll sit on the shelf for several more months.

#6 Harrels Badgerton

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 61 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Indiana

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I have to say the best reason I've seen to use a joystick so far is to have an analog leg movement input - Especially so you could twist and turn simultaneously so as not to lose aim - aside from that, I don't get it.

I would love to believe a device like a joystick could be made to be actually useful in a game like this but I just don't see how. If you want to track a target you have to move your entire arm very carefully and it's going to be hugely hit or miss. My old *** thrustmaster saw a lot of play in games like Descent and MW2, but those were hardly online only competitive multiplayer.

Now with that said I don't doubt for a second you're having weird issues with TAG on a torso hardpoint, just wish that was the ONLY issue you were having with your stick.

Edited by Harrels Badgerton, 31 January 2013 - 10:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users