#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Greetings MechWarriors!

In the coming days, the Community team will be introducing a variety of changes to the MechWarrior® Online™ Forums.

These changes will first involve merging together various low traffic forums.
Next, we will be introducing a handful of new sub-forums to branch out the conversation from the higher traffic areas. Following this, we will be re-organizing the hierarchy of the forums to bunch together sections with similar purposes. Additionally, we will be redefining and renaming several forums to make their purpose more clear. Finally, we will be presenting a series of forum-specific pinned topics describing any special rules for these sub-forums. To put a cherry on top of it all, the forum tagging system will be standardized with an index for players to be able find all related threads on similar subjects.

The goal of all this is to make the forum experience more relevant and fluid for members and guests alike through better organization. Some of these changes are experimental, and will not necessarily be permanent: As the community grows and as the game continues to develop, we are certain to see more sub-forums created and others merged.

In many instances, you may return to discover that threads you had created are not in the same place you had initially posted them. If this is the case for you: Do not panic. Unless your thread was in violation of our Code of Conduct, your post is more than certain to still be out there and visible. You can find your own posts by searching for your pilot name or by exploring the posts and topics tabs of your user profile.

We hope you will enjoy the changes we are bringing.
If you have any suggestions for ways to further develop and improve the community, we are always eager to hear some constructive ideas of what else can be done. Feel free to send us a support ticket or a message!

#2 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

yay

#3 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

The MWO Google+ Community is still waiting for the thread in General Discussion to be stickied. Paul, Garth, Hairicin and Egomane have all been contacted regarding this and Egomane has communicated that he has attempted to bring this request to the attention of his superiors, but there has seemingly been no response to this.

#4 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Cool, may i plea for an improved readability of the forums?!
The font used for any of the orange letters is not good to read and that was way better in the old forum with the font used there.

#5 Valleye

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 96 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWindsor, ON CANADA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

I would love to be able to hide threads so the bitching threads can be buried and not get in my way of enjoying quality MWO discussions.

#6 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

Will we ever see functional forum search engine from the times of Closed Beta instead of current placeholder?

#7 Pan Damonium

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationdrifting out of fuel in the vacuum while enjoying a nap

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

I would love it if there was a section dedicated to just ECM complaint threads. I feel like I always come here looking for one, and can never find one when I want to...

...;)

#8 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Just to say that the Fan Fiction section should be picking up over the next two weeks, a lot of us who were posting there lately have been very inactive due to the holiday season but the last coursework and holidays are rounding up and things should get back to normal. I don't think it'll bring us anywhere near the 'high traffic' marker, but just in case :)

#9 Starcos

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostMorang, on 22 January 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Will we ever see functional forum search engine from the times of Closed Beta instead of current placeholder?

Yes, it would be nice to have a search feature that... I don't know... not completely useless? :)

#10 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

So what should we do if we find community moderators acting like god king of the forums during the weekend when no one is around?

#11 RaNDoMPReCiSioN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationThat tiny blue glow in the distance WATCHING YOU

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Thanks Niko. I for one really appreciate all the work you guys are putting in. Long live the MW:O forums.

#12 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostMorang, on 22 January 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Additionally, would like to see 3 letter searches...
ECM, LRM, SRM ... so much of MWO (<pun with the letters) are 3 letter acronyms...

#13 MechSkipper

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yes, definitely a good way to weed out the threads on macros, UAC's and ECMS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users