1 reply to this topic

#1 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I think a simple solution to a number of complaints would be as follows:

Setup a trial mech only mode - make 'cadets' ONLY have this mode available (a simple checkbox would suffice). This way newbies can learn the ropes while not worrying about custom special boats which can level their mech in 1-2 alphas.

It also allows purists to have the opportunity to pilot period/canon mechs that are unmodified against other pilots (albeit many will probably be new players). You could theoretically expand this to include completely stock chassis but that would probably be overtly difficult to implement.

Benefits:
Old players get legacy mech designs in stock form.
New players are rewarded with a more newbie friendly experience. Admittedly that's one step in a long way to go, but it'd be a heckuva start.

While this might require some retooling of your game servers, it would likely result in more long-term captures for people wanting to keep playing after installing - which from what I can tell is a major issue for you right now.

Click like if you agree! --------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>

#2 Agent CraZy DiP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 609 posts
  • LocationAZ - USA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

This would be splitting the community in-half. While it sucks to go through trial by fire, there are countless help guides and friendly people in teamspeak and the forums who are willing to help the newbies. Also... even though I have lots of mechs in my bay, I still play the trial mechs if it's a variant I don't currently own. Kind of like... a try before you buy thing. Also... Don't sell yourself out for the like button, you're better than that. People will like it if they like it. No need to advertise that it exists.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users