3 replies to this topic

#1 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

So the Jenner before ECM was the best light by far. I tried playing it during the lag shield/ECM era but would just get dominated by countless 2Ds and 3Ls. Now that lag shield is gone it seems 2Ds and 3Ls are no longer ez-mode and fewer people play them. Also with lag shield gone I can hit them back! An XL300 seems mandatory for dealing with other lights, 1 or 2 jumpjets let you cross gaps and scale steep slopes. Here's my newly refurbished JR7-D...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...81a5c8b5d4c9dd4

35/35 Tons
32 Firepower
1.48 Heat Efficiency
232/238 Ferro-Fibrous Armor
Endo-Steel Structure
Double Heatsinks
12 Total DHS
XL300 Engine
4x Small Laser
2x SRM4 x2 Ammo
2x Jump Jets

So here's a video of a 6v8 won by a Jenner:

I'm contemplating removing one JJ and 1/2 ton armor for a 3rd ton of ammo, but I probably just need to get used to the way Jenners fire SRMs again. Might upload another video later, I just thought this was an amusing win.

#2 Edwyndham

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

I didn't feel that the faster speed was totally needed, so my JR7-D has an XL 245. No change in speed from the stock config but the freed tonnage allows for:

- Full FF armor
- 4 med laser
- 2 SRM4 w/ 1 ton ammo
- 1 JJ (I basically just use it for getting up steeper slopes and for controlled descents)

I average 3 kills in PUGs now, sometimes as much as 5 in a single match, love it.

#3 Derf

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

I have been running a similar build with a 300XL with AMS and not so many heatsinks.

Its great fun suprising ECM builds that assumed you were an easy kill.
And the punch against larger mechs is impressive.

#4 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

View Postzwanglos, on 28 January 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

I didn't feel that the faster speed was totally needed, so my JR7-D has an XL 245. No change in speed from the stock config but the freed tonnage allows for:

- Full FF armor
- 4 med laser
- 2 SRM4 w/ 1 ton ammo
- 1 JJ (I basically just use it for getting up steeper slopes and for controlled descents)

I average 3 kills in PUGs now, sometimes as much as 5 in a single match, love it.

I used to run an XL280 with 2med laser 2small, but the speed is so helpful for breaking missile locks on you and escaping situations you can't handle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users