How Great The Developers Are!

132 replies to this topic

#121 anonymous175

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Devs are cool and all.

But whoever came up with the Founder's Packages, you have inspired like every F2P game that's coming out the gate to hop on the bandwagon. I guess people pay attention and that **** works.

Kudos.

#122 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

I'm sure I've already posted here, but I'm posting again:

The devs have taken a game that uses CryEngine, and they've made it so that it can run on a computer with no graphics card whatsoever.

Let me say that again. They've taken CryEngine, the engine that takes a friggin' supercomputer to run, and they've somehow made it able to run on a computer that has basically no gaming capability at all.

6 fps or not, that is awesome.

That they've made a game fun enough to ignore the fact that you're playing at 6 fps is even better.

#123 Sifright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, High Wycombe

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostTerran123rd, on 01 February 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

I'm sure I've already posted here, but I'm posting again:

The devs have taken a game that uses CryEngine, and they've made it so that it can run on a computer with no graphics card whatsoever.

Let me say that again. They've taken CryEngine, the engine that takes a friggin' supercomputer to run, and they've somehow made it able to run on a computer that has basically no gaming capability at all.

6 fps or not, that is awesome.

That they've made a game fun enough to ignore the fact that you're playing at 6 fps is even better.

you realize that is incredibly BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

TO perform the same graphics processing tasks on a CPU requires vastly more powerful hardware than doing the equivalent work on a graphics card.

To put that in perspective going from a Radeon 4870 HD to a Radeon 7870 HD made a neglible difference in my frame rates. Almost all of the work is being done on the CPU

it's the majority of the reason why the game performs like trash on systems that it should work perfectly on.

Pro tip, playing the game at 6 fps makes it teeth pullingly bad. Any one willing to suffer through that is an *****.

Edited by Sifright, 01 February 2013 - 04:10 AM.

#124 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostSifright, on 01 February 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

Pro tip, playing the game at 6 fps makes it teeth pullingly bad. Any one willing to suffer through that is an *****.

You do realise he's pointing out he can launch the game on a PC which probably has an integrated GCard. Which has the processing power equivalent of a normal calculator.

Or you're just being a d.ick...

#125 Sifright

• 2,218 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostAdridos, on 01 February 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

You do realise he's pointing out he can launch the game on a PC which probably has an integrated GCard. Which has the processing power equivalent of a normal calculator.

Or you're just being a d.ick...

if he is saying that is lieing.

this game runs like trash on a core 2 duo with a good graphics card.

it runs like crap on the latest generation i3 whether you have integrated graphics or not.

It takes a very good processor to run this game at acceptable frame rates. Anything that isn't quad core cannot run this game in an acceptable manner. Having tried to do just that over the holiday.

You never ever EVER make the CPU do the graphics work.

Edited by Sifright, 01 February 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#126 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

Posted Image
i think the devs are awesome

#127 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostSifright, on 01 February 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

You never ever EVER make the CPU do the graphics work.

That's apparently teh reason every graphics card of this generation has it's own CPU installed inside. :)

#128 Fizch

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

I just want to say thanks guys. I love this game. I spend at least $15 with every paycheck to help support this game. I know it is far from complete and that really excites me. The game has been great so far. Please keep up the good work and don't let the nay-sayers drag you down.

#129 Sifright

• 2,218 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostAdridos, on 01 February 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

That's apparently teh reason every graphics card of this generation has it's own CPU installed inside. :)

You really have no idea what you are talking about do you?

Graphic cards are specialized towards FPU calculations. *IE the vast majority of graphics calculation work*
typically at single precision. The move to allow GPUS to more general purpose is what you are talking about guess what it doesn't help much with purely graphics related tasks.

CPUs are general task masters and don't have any where near the kind of power graphics cards have for FPU calculations.

#130 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostSifright, on 01 February 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

You really have no idea what you are talking about do you?

No, I'm just saying that while not the best course of action, it still can be done. And it works, considering my under 3Ghz Core 2 Duo with pretty basic graphics card from the 4th gen of Nvidia can run it at good enough FPS for me to enjoy without every setting turned to zero.

#131 Sifright

• 2,218 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostAdridos, on 01 February 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

No, I'm just saying that while not the best course of action, it still can be done. And it works, considering my under 3Ghz Core 2 Duo with pretty basic graphics card from the 4th gen of Nvidia can run it at good enough FPS for me to enjoy without every setting turned to zero.

I'd love to know what you consider good enough.

I tried a pretty similar system over the Christmas holiday and even clocking the cpu to 4 ghz which made it run disgustingly hot on a core 2 duo i couldn't get better than 20 fps outside of combat and a slide show inside of it. that was with a 4800 HD series graphics card.

My current system is a i5 3570k running at 3.8GHZ and even that drops to 45+ frames in combat which is admittedly perfectly fine for playing but any older system i've tried it's been horrible. even with extensive system tweaking to try and push the machines performance.

#132 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

My Core2Duo@2.33 (E6550 unmodified) and PNY 8600GTS ran it just two days ago after the optimization patch, minimum settings, 720p, 20fps or better with no plummet in combat... I just received a gift of an HD4890 and I'm quaking to see how well it does.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users