If you played the as a Clan warrior.

62 replies to this topic

Poll: If you played as a Clan warrior (103 member(s) have cast votes)

Which honor level would you use

1. Honor level 1 (9 votes [8.74%])

Percentage of vote: 8.74%

2. Honor level 2 (24 votes [23.30%])

Percentage of vote: 23.30%

3. Honor level 3 (6 votes [5.83%])

Percentage of vote: 5.83%

4. Honor level 4 (3 votes [2.91%])

Percentage of vote: 2.91%

5. I don't know what the honor levels are (18 votes [17.48%])

Percentage of vote: 17.48%

6. I'm not gonna play as a Clanner (37 votes [35.92%])

Percentage of vote: 35.92%

7. I only care about the tech (6 votes [5.83%])

Percentage of vote: 5.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 flessar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 175 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

View Postadridos, on 05 November 2011 - 07:14 AM, said:

You really love Urbie. But it was said in his thread, that with slight redesigns devellopers have made, its possibel it will be walkingg recycle bin.

NOOOOOOO!!!! I refuse to recycle!! Trash Only! Read the Sign I painted up top!!

#42 CaveMan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationIn a leather flying cap and goggles

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

I plan to bring a group of hardcore roleplayers in with me, and when we play clan, honor is the name of the game. Level 1 honor, show the enemy how superior you are by never stooping to his level.

#43 JzT Dolomite

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:14 AM

View Postadridos, on 05 November 2011 - 03:59 AM, said:

Dont get upset about all those "shiny" mechs, dont play Clans and you can fight as dirty as you want! :)

Remember that if you are "fighting dirty" that allows the clans to go "all in" on your *** and destroy you. The IS turned the tide when they started to straight up take them out on their terms to show that they wasn't superior, just their tech was.

((Remeber that Honor level is good, but the mechanic must be put in that if the other side starts fighting dirty((nukes, hostages, underhanded tatics by the CLANS definintion. Then all rules of Honor are thrown to the side and it becomes a fight to destroy the Surat.))

#44 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:17 AM

View Postflessar, on 05 November 2011 - 07:09 AM, said:

You vastly underestimate the power of stupid. prepare for your star to be infiltrated by the wtfbbqmadzcatzomglolzcatonfireherpderp types. And as a result, prepare to team frag every one of them every match making my job of running away before you catch me in my trash can a whole lot easier :)

I'm not running a clan character, I'm fighting for the IS. I'm also trying to be optimistic, given how mature these forum seem to be.

That said, we totally need to paint your urbie to make it look like a water tower. Don't move till they get close!

Edited by Jack Gallows, 05 November 2011 - 09:17 AM.

#45 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

View PostAmechwarrior, on 05 November 2011 - 05:54 AM, said:

In terms of Clan Honor, really only rule 6 breaks the Honor code. Everything else is fine, or even encouraged as thinking outside the box in combat but technically legal. Rule 7 only means something in PC games where the player could respawn.

Exactly. Oh how I would love to see the little surat's face when they get disabled.

"But, but, but I thought you Clanners couldn't do that?" ROFLMAO!

#46 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

Over all, The Clans also look at the victory as being the ultimate goal. So sometimes a 'dezgra' tactic that wins you the Trial will actually gain you great honor... if you lose, well have fun in the Solhama ranks.

#47 flessar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 175 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 05 November 2011 - 09:17 AM, said:

I'm not running a clan character, I'm fighting for the IS. I'm also trying to be optimistic, given how mature these forum seem to be.

That said, we totally need to paint your urbie to make it look like a water tower. Don't move till they get close!

Thats so insane it might actually work! and its perfectly in line with all the other strange things ive come up with my self, thanks for adding more to my toolbox!

#48 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

View Postflessar, on 05 November 2011 - 09:42 AM, said:

toolbox!

Good lord, this is going to be the name of my Urbanmech/Hunchback. lol.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 05 November 2011 - 10:46 AM.

#49 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

Assuming we even get physical attacks I will abide by Level 2.

For the video games I tend to stick by the following for honorable combat:

1. If I choose you on the duel I will only go for your hide until you are dead. If I die I will still come after you on respawn.
2. I will not camp in your respawn area. You will have time to come and seek death yet again. :)
3. Under normal circumstances I will not fight anyone who is two weight classes below me. Now if some pugilistic Light 'Mech really wishes to fight my Heavy or Assault, that is their choice.
4. I will not play in Assault pulse boats, I hate them.
5. This is a wierd one folks, but if real life troubles are happening I will await your return. If in the middle of the fight you have to potty or maybe the phone rings if you tell me this I will wait until you move your 'Mech or fire again. Just so you do not get a cheap shot on me I will move to a defensive terrain position until you are ready then I will move within range of where we were.
6. If your 'Mech is down then get up. I can wait for you to stand ready for your death by my hand. :D

Now these guidelines I use are all under the assumption you do not act like a surat. If you do wish to act like a lowly dezgra then I will attack with every nasty trick I can think of and yes if I meet you on the field of battle again the previous resentments or honors will follow.

#50 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

I personally prefer using honor level 2 when fighting against an honorable opponent, but so help me ***, if you pull a dirty trick on me, you won't live to regret it, rules, out the window, and everything goes. And for all you inner sphere surats reading this, try outnumbering me by a 3 to 1 margin, I can almost guarantee I will, win. Run and hide freebirths, run and hide.

#51 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Level2 but barely... Borderline with 1.

Some especially dishonorable opponents need to be taught the hard way!

#52 Captain Nice HD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTaurian Concordat

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

Don't play Clan. As a Taurian, I fight rather dirty anyway.

#53 Semyon Drakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

View PostAmechwarrior, on 05 November 2011 - 05:45 AM, said:

That also depends on the timeline of the Falcons. By Coventry I think they took it quite liberally and later shucked it all when dealing with IS/Clan combat. I think after the loss of the Falcon Guards, most units would be very considerate to lvl2.

Actually if you look at the fiction the Jade Falcons are the only invading clan who still kept to honour level 1 throughout the series. The ONLY exception was during the Trial of Refusal against clan Wolf and that was a decision by Elias Chrichell when fighting the IlKhan. He was abjured by the rest of the Jade falcons when they found out about it, after Vlad killed him.

One on one fights and strict adherance to the Batchall was still expected and enforced. the only change was in bidding unit sizes as the Khans of the Falcons realised that the IS forces were more capable than expected and did them the honour of increasing the size of the units hitting them.

It's a handicap, but one they can work with.

Seyla

#54 PLEXI

• PipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 90 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

A lot of people seem to have misconceptions on the Clan honor system..

Unless a more formal occasion, I usually stick to level 2 and 3 honor levels.

#55 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

View PostSemyon Drakon, on 09 November 2011 - 01:37 PM, said:

Actually if you look at the fiction the Jade Falcons are the only invading clan who still kept to honour level 1 throughout the series.

Ah, I remember the Clan as a whole being very traditional though I remember the Trial on Strana Mechty the Falcons won with the kind of tactics that the Comguard showed them on Tukayyid with Cougars pop tarting and generally non-Clanlike behavior. In Total Warfare, the Falcons are listed under the "Opportunistic" scope of Honor Levels post-invasion. I vaguely recall Khan Marthe Pryde, well experienced with freebirth tactics, wanting the Falcons to no longer lose when they could have won against a Inner Sphere force except for strict adherence to the rules. They are still, over all a very traditionalist Clan, maybe even the strictest of the "Opportunistic" class, but they are shifting.

#56 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

View PostAmechwarrior, on 09 November 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

Ah, I remember the Clan as a whole being very traditional though I remember the Trial on Strana Mechty the Falcons won with the kind of tactics that the Comguard showed them on Tukayyid with Cougars pop tarting and generally non-Clanlike behavior. In Total Warfare, the Falcons are listed under the "Opportunistic" scope of Honor Levels post-invasion. I vaguely recall Khan Marthe Pryde, well experienced with freebirth tactics, wanting the Falcons to no longer lose when they could have won against a Inner Sphere force except for strict adherence to the rules. They are still, over all a very traditionalist Clan, maybe even the strictest of the "Opportunistic" class, but they are shifting.

It's no surprise that the homeworld Clans view all the IS Clans as tainted.

#57 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

View Poststormwolf, on 09 November 2011 - 02:25 PM, said:

It's no surprise that the homeworld Clans view all the IS Clans as tainted.

True, but lets see any of the home Crusader Clans get closer to Terra and not get a little dirt on their hands. The home Clans own factions and slivers of planets where the invading Clans own somewhere around 60-100 planets each. The tainting is bound to happen, more so if you want to win.

#58 Haeso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

Level 2 is the typical and expected honor level of a clansmen for the most part. 1 is going above and beyond.

As far as what I'd be, if I intended to play clan, it'd be 4. Results are what matter, not how I achieved those results. There's no honor in defeat.

#59 Semyon Drakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

The home clans can suck it up really, the Invading Clans have goined so much experience, isorla and worlds that a home clan could never conceivably threaten one of them. Ghost Bear, Jade Falcon and Wolf are literally unassailable by another clan enemy save one of the others in that trio and even then I'd put money on the Falcons and Bears doing the Wolves due to thier smaller size and losses against the Bears.

Now Ghost Bears and Falcons I am not even going to try to call, far too ugly and probably gut both Clans.

#60 Bane Kardaan

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts
  • LocationEast Oakland, CA

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

When I first played online I played Honor level 1. As time went by and the game turned more into a fps blast fest, had to go no honor (mw4).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users