157 replies to this topic

#61 Turist0AT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:44 AM

Thats easy.

Put the biggest STD engine in any mech and you wont have ANY room for weapons. GG PGI.

#62 RushOutlaw

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostElli Gujar, on 26 February 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

2 tonnes of machine gun ammo to help with self amputation xD?

#63 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:56 AM

When the ember first came out I saw people with 1xERPPC and others 2xERLL's. A brand new mech that is a few hours old with 8 hard points and you decide on builds that existing lights can do better.

The other day I saw a 3D pract with 4xLPL and no ballistics. I also saw a 4xLL Jager (all torso mounted not firebrand). I think there was 9MPL hunchback that would basically overheat nonstop. He spent more of the game in shutdown than playing it. I constantly see mechs with a single LRM5 added in "just because". I can't think of a bigger waste of tonnage. I'd rather have 5 flamers than one LRM5. Oh another funny one I saw was a Jenner D with only 2xSSRM's, I guess he wanted to be a "Diet Oxide". I saw a few 2xML and 3xML jenners, oddly they didn't even hit max speed.

Any mech that can take jumpjets and doesn't take at least one. Something is wrong if you can't find room for at least one jumpjet. I'd rather have a mech with jumpjets than ecm, they are far more useful to me and they have no counters.

Some builds I see aren't that bad but, they just make you wonder why. I constantly see all kinds of hero mechs that don't even use their special ability or hard points. Like protectors with no high energy, jesters with no jumpjets, etc

#64 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

Just saw a pair yesterday that made me want to scream:

1) Boar's Head. An Atlas with... 2 ERPPC's and an LRM 10. That's it. I have no idea what the plan was here. It's badly undergunned for no meaningful gain.

2) Hunchback-4G; It had an Ac20. That's it. I'm not sure if the pilot badly over-sized the engine or what happened, but it clearly made no sense and was painfully easy to disarm.

I wonder about builds like these... I sometimes suspect the mechs are full of standard heatsinks or suffering from some other error that would happen if the person didn't really understand how to build a mech in this game, which could easily be the case... I can't honestly believe these weapon choices were the result of planning... probably more a case of not understanding the upgrades that are needed to make a functional mech in this game (Endo, DHS, etc.)

Edited by oldradagast, 12 March 2014 - 07:39 AM.

#65 CarlBar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:43 AM

2) Hunchback-4G[color=#959595]; It had an Ac20. That's it. I'm not sure if the pilot badly over-sized the engine or what happened, but it clearly made no sense and was painfully easy to disarm.[/color]

Probably a stock build with the ML's and SL's stripped to squeeze in a useful amount of ammo, run it myself.

#66 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

For me its ever mech than can carry UAC's, cause they jam every damn time!

#67 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostLiGhtning90, on 14 March 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

For me its ever mech than can carry UAC's, cause they jam every damn time!

3 chain fired will never jam, also as long as you wait until the reload to fire again they will never jam. The UAC double shot is best used for one of two things: 1. to finish off a mech fast 2. to do an extra burst of damage before your enemy gets behind cover or you do to cool down.

#68 SleekHusky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...afff87ff196ac8c

Dont even fire once.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c331d32c5656c45

Edited by Sleek34, 23 March 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#69 4D85

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d60a046076cb745
Nuff said

#70 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostLt XKalibur, on 24 January 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

9 flamer hunchie's already seen mention, so I'll regale you with the tale of me and my spider-5V with 12JJs and a single TAG (No offensive weapons). Got me so many damn spot assists I was rolling in the XP, and if anyone got too close I would fly to another continent and continue my work from there.

Tag and Flamer buddy Tag and flamer.. nothing draws more hate and agro than such little beast.

Also keep it bright colour painted to draw even more attention mine is bright green.

#71 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:46 AM

The recent LRM buff has brought out all sorts of terrible builds. My favorites are the Atlas LRM boats with nothing but a few medium lasers and a machine gun or two for close range damage. It's gotten so bad at times that I can IGNORE these Atlas's once I'm close enough and just finish off their brawler buddies before killing them.

#72 RedEagle86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

Most commonly used by me? 6MG, 2LPL jager.
People say wtf! 6 flamer, AC/20 Boar's Head.
Standing in water stupidly fun? http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d2d23bca441cc5a

I've run all these builds, depending on mood. Also the http://mwo.smurfy-ne...256f993cea8214e
I've used that one to great hilarity....gets me thinking :D

#73 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

... the most dysfunctional mech build?! I would retype this thread in the following way: the most incompetent mech pilot. Because it always depends on the individual in the cockpit not on the mech.

#74 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:06 AM

VERY niche locust...hehehe.

#75 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

Just saw another one... DDC Atlas with ECM (well, that's good), an LRM20, an AC20, and 1 SRM6. Based upon his speed (I was spectating) he still had the stock engine. The guy admitted to not having double heatsinks, so maybe he pulled a huge amount of weapons off to try to balance the heat, but the end result was rather depressing.

#76 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

this, AS7 RS, ERPPC, 3 flamers, AC2, an Alrm5 and an Alrm15, all in group one, and of course he was group firing.

Posted Image

tried to chat him up and at least point him toward the tutorials but no luck

#77 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Then, there is such a thing as being TOO faithful to lore... saw a Banshee with an AC5 and a PPC and nothing more. If I recall, even the most under-gunned Banshee at least also had a small laser in the head. Yeah, this 95 ton paperweight didn't do much before dying.

#78 7R1P0D

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

dual AC20 cicada whadup http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f2a943e3a1c1b69

#79 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

View PostLiGhtning90, on 25 March 2014 - 07:01 AM, said:

... the most dysfunctional mech build?! I would retype this thread in the following way: the most incompetent mech pilot. Because it always depends on the individual in the cockpit not on the mech.

View PostSleek34, on 23 March 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

Yeah...I could destroy an entire company of these builds all on my lonesome, no matter the pilot.

Edited by 101011, 04 April 2014 - 03:47 AM.

#80 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:58 AM

Stumbled across another one yesterday. A Jagermech with nothing but a single AC5. I have to assume the guy dropped accidentally before finishing his mech since there's no way that makes sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users