Vip Bonus Ala Tribes: Ascend

12 replies to this topic

#1 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I think if people got a 50% lifetime CBill bonus for purchasing MC it would greatly incentivize people to buy it, as well as fighting the afk bot problem. And people who buy it once should be much more likely to buy it again.

#2 CancR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

I often thought of things from Tribes:Acend and how they might be done in MW:O with a bitter sweet feeling as HI REZ bart has been nothing but a cancer (Disease, not be confused with astrological sign cancr) Alot of Tribes fan where left with a bad taste in our respective mouths from HI REZ practices (like banning every one for cheating when they simply where more skilled then Bart's beloved pro team and abandoning tribes for the newest cash on on a fad when smite was released.)

Still people in the 2old2play group brought up some points, and I feel like this is the best solution.

Proposed problem: premuim down time; We can't make good enough use of the premium time as it drains lower and lower while we sleep, eat, work ect.

Proposed solution: Founders have 24/7 premium, people who buy premium can buy a 'Clan/house contract' where they are 24/7 prem with none of the founders benefit, or a 'contract' which is prem time that is a little less over all but only drains in game time.

#3 Kyryos

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Good idea. It should be a minimum of $40 worth of MC to get the Cbill bonus though

#4 CancR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

I think PGI should do their own numbers for that, as they have a better head for their own micro transaction economy then we do. As speculation I think the contract should come at the high cost of buying MC, which I believe is either 40 or 60? Which would basically be like buying the game retail.

#5 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostKyryos, on 25 January 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

Good idea. It should be a minimum of $40 worth of MC to get the Cbill bonus though

Hell... I'd have enough to share - who's in?

#6 Kyryos

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postfocuspark, on 25 January 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

View Postfocuspark, on 25 January 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

Me. Id gladly buy $40-60 of MC for a lifetime Cbill bonus, and then i could buy a muromets and wait for the next hero as well.

#7 CancR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

I would, but I already shelled out 60 bucks for the game, and a nother 30 which most of it was used to convert mech to gxp. :)

#8 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Requiring a $40 or $60 purchase completely negates it. For $60 you should get enough MC for every mech in the game. There is nothing micro about this games microtransactions.

#9 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

The percent of that boost is too damn high!

No, seriously, if its significant in comparison to the boosts you can get through paying more money, it makes buying more boost less desirable in the future.

Otherwise good idea, though.

#10 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostCritical Fumble, on 26 January 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

The percent of that boost is too damn high!

No, seriously, if its significant in comparison to the boosts you can get through paying more money, it makes buying more boost less desirable in the future.

Otherwise good idea, though.

Ideally it would actually stack with other bonuses, so prem time or hero mech bonus would be calculated off your game score +50%

#11 CancR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

FYI, they do. If I play my founder's mech it stacks with the prem bonus, as it does with a hero mech you pay for.

#12 Xandralkus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the moment...

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Premium time should be sold in hours, not days - and count toward time in-match, not real time.

I also think that implementing some sort of VIP tier system would work well. Spend X MC and get a lifetime bonus to all C-bill earnings, increasing all the way up to a permanent 50% bonus for spending 30,000 MC or more. That would stack with founder/hero mechs and any active premium bonus.

The end result of a founder/hero mech bonus, an active premium time bonus, and a 50% permanent VIP bonus would yield almost triple normal C-bill yield ( + 192.5% bonus ) That seems about right, considering how extraordinarily SLOW the grind is right now.

#13 Kyryos

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostXandralkus, on 26 January 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Premium time should be sold in hours, not days - and count toward time in-match, not real time.

I also think that implementing some sort of VIP tier system would work well. Spend X MC and get a lifetime bonus to all C-bill earnings, increasing all the way up to a permanent 50% bonus for spending 30,000 MC or more. That would stack with founder/hero mechs and any active premium bonus.

The end result of a founder/hero mech bonus, an active premium time bonus, and a 50% permanent VIP bonus would yield almost triple normal C-bill yield ( + 192.5% bonus ) That seems about right, considering how extraordinarily SLOW the grind is right now.

Sounds good. A lot of people would buy MC if it worked this way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users