Uh Oh. Can Someone Check My Math? (Re: Heat)

23 replies to this topic

#21 Splinters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 268 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Very nicely done. I was thinking about the EHS not being 2.0 as a possible difference in the equations, but clearly going to 1.4 on all DHS' would cause shutdowns much earlier than we are experiencing.

I vote for a sticky on this as this is one of the few times we've seen the actual math at work and verified.

-S

#22 MrPils

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 142 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Whats time to zero heat off a single alpha vlad? That should eliminate coolrun pretty quickly as the maths on that is simple. Cant get to mwo for a couple hours yet to check.

Confirming heat containment would best be tested with a very hot alpha. Going 8 to 9 alphas like you are is adding a lot of extra calculation in there. Try theorycrafting a double alpha build in the 95%+ region with PPCs (easy math) when mastered and measuring against expected. Biggest problem is the grind or associated gxp cost. Any of my mastered builds that used to double alpha in the 95%+ region are now shutting down. The difference is small enough im beginning to suspect containment isnt being doubled by mastering.

Edited by MrPils, 26 January 2013 - 03:35 AM.

#23 MajorBorris

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

I noticed right away after the latest patch that a mastered staker 3f 'felt' different with heat.

#24 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Update on Coolrun testing:

I recently took out an AS7-RS with 4x PPC and 11 DHS to get some dissipation testing in. I recorded the game, and used the timestamps to measure the dissipation rates after the fact.

My expected Heat Dissipation Rate with 11 DHS and Master level perks is [ (10 * -.2) - .14 ] * 1.15 = -2.46 h/s

Cycle Time with PPCs and Fast Fire perk is 2.85 seconds. Excess heat per round is 29 on Alpha.

Heat Capacity, assuming Scenario A is upheld from previous tests, should be 55.68. If previous conclusions were off, Heat Capacity would be 61.68.

Firing in a 4 > 3 pattern would result in 56 Heat. Shutting down would confirm results from previous testing.

Results:

4 > 3 Firing Pattern, Shutdown did occur. Previous results upheld. Total Time to Dissipate: ~27 seconds from first shot

Resulting dH/dT: 63/29 = ~2.33

4 > 2 Firing Pattern, Total Time to Dissipate: ~22 seconds from first shot

Resulting dH/dT: 54/22 = ~2.45

4 > 4 Firing Pattern, Total Time to Dissipate: ~31 seconds from first shot

Resulting dH/dT: 72/31 = ~2.32

Average Experimental dH/dT: 2.36

% Error: ~4%

Variance: .0035

Sigma: .059

Results are within 2 sigma of expected. Given the amount of rounding error and human error present in reading timestamps off a recording which only go out to the second, I think this is acceptable.

Unless anyone wants to add on to these results, it appears that Coolrun is working as intended.

Overall Conclusion: The Heat system as a whole is working as intended. Nothing was changed in this patch, and both perks are working properly. Heat Containment works differently than the community assumed, but does work.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users