New Heat Vision Lag?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonosi

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Since the latest patch Ive noticed a huge drop in framerate happening only when heat vision is activated. My ping stays at one of the lowest, if not the lowest, of any player in any match Im in and my FPS reflects this but as of this last patch those distasteful night games have become alarmingly sluggish and using heat to see through driving snow is almost a waste of time. Am I lone in this?
Dragonosi

#2 HC Harlequin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

I got the same thing..

#3 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostKanaric, on 03 February 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

REDACTED

[REDACTED]

To the OP:
Heat vision has always lagged slightly more than normal vision for me. However, I haven't noticed any difference lately. Made any video driver updates lately?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 10 February 2013 - 12:17 PM.
Quote cleanup and CoC-enforcement

#4 Isgod

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

its affecting me. i use thermal all the time, but since last patch, it kills my fps.

#5 HC Harlequin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostKanaric, on 03 February 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

[REDACTED]

Gee, I wonder what the OP meant by Framerate, Monseur Alexander Dumass

Ya. as soon as I go to heat it jumps down to 5-6 FPS.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 10 February 2013 - 12:17 PM.
edited quote

#6 B4silisk

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

bump

#7 Dragonosi

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostScurry, on 03 February 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

[REDACTED]

To the OP:
Heat vision has always lagged slightly more than normal vision for me. However, I haven't noticed any difference lately. Made any video driver updates lately?

thanks for that. had a moment of "Hey now..." after patch and thought id offer up the observation. ive since poked through drivers and found improvment in upgrades. not sure if its solved the whole issue or if ive accounted for the lag a bit but it feels better.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 10 February 2013 - 12:18 PM.
edited quote

#8 EdGrubermann

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

I have the same problem: FPS goes from 10-15 down to 6-7, even in otherwise-ideal conditions.

I haven't tried updating drivers yet, though. Will look into that.

#9 Dr Hieronymous Alloy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

I'm having a problem with heat vision as well, not sure if it's linked. For some reason if I'm running Chrome in the background, running Heat Vision will make my video card lockup and blackscreen for as long as five seconds, after which I'll get the "NVIDIA driver crashed and has recovered" message and the Chrome windows will be blacked out and dead.

I suspect the issue is that Heat Vision is incredibly video-card-intense. The way the shaders for it are colored it looks a lot like video card stress test images, and I suspect it has a similar effect.

#10 MrPils

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 142 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Heatvision costs me around 1/5 of my fps. When I get a heat cloud effect it drops dramatically lower (happens in normal vision too but not as bad) getting worse the closer I am. If I reverse through my own PPC alpha heat cloud im at literally 2 or 3 fps. Normal is 52-62fps. Thats up to date drivers, its got worse with each patch since the stalker was introduced. Ive found shadows to low and particles to medium helps a hell of a lot (but doesnt fix it). Previously I had everything maxed.

View PostDr Hieronymous Alloy, on 11 February 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

I'm having a problem with heat vision as well, not sure if it's linked. For some reason if I'm running Chrome in the background, running Heat Vision will make my video card lockup and blackscreen for as long as five seconds, after which I'll get the "NVIDIA driver crashed and has recovered" message and the Chrome windows will be blacked out and dead.

I suspect the issue is that Heat Vision is incredibly video-card-intense. The way the shaders for it are colored it looks a lot like video card stress test images, and I suspect it has a similar effect.

Try updating flash first of all, if that doesnt work try turning off gpu hardware acceleration in flash. Had this issue with another game a while back and uninstalled chrome before the fix became known. Hope this works for you.

#11 Dr Hieronymous Alloy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostMrPils, on 11 February 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Heatvision costs me around 1/5 of my fps. When I get a heat cloud effect it drops dramatically lower (happens in normal vision too but not as bad) getting worse the closer I am. If I reverse through my own PPC alpha heat cloud im at literally 2 or 3 fps. Normal is 52-62fps. Thats up to date drivers, its got worse with each patch since the stalker was introduced. Ive found shadows to low and particles to medium helps a hell of a lot (but doesnt fix it). Previously I had everything maxed.

Try updating flash first of all, if that doesnt work try turning off gpu hardware acceleration in flash. Had this issue with another game a while back and uninstalled chrome before the fix became known. Hope this works for you.

thanks, I tried this. I think it helped somewhat but doesn't seem to have completely solved it.

#12 Taurick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 216 posts
  • Location'straya

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

I wish people new the difference between fps and lag

And yes, I'm having a 50% drop in fps with heat vision activated, just since the last patch

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users