Kdr Poll.

46 replies to this topic

Poll: CURRENT KDR (226 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your CURRENT KDR?

1. >10 (18 votes [7.96%])

Percentage of vote: 7.96%

2. >8.5 (5 votes [2.21%])

Percentage of vote: 2.21%

3. >6.5 (7 votes [3.10%])

Percentage of vote: 3.10%

4. >4 (34 votes [15.04%])

Percentage of vote: 15.04%

5. >1 (126 votes [55.75%])

Percentage of vote: 55.75%

6. 1-0.5 (17 votes [7.52%])

Percentage of vote: 7.52%

7. <0.5 (19 votes [8.41%])

Percentage of vote: 8.41%

FOR THOSE BETWEEN 1 and 4

1. My KDR is either >4 or <1 (67 votes [31.46%])

Percentage of vote: 31.46%

2. >3.25 (21 votes [9.86%])

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

3. >2.5 (33 votes [15.49%])

Percentage of vote: 15.49%

4. >1.75 (43 votes [20.19%])

Percentage of vote: 20.19%

5. >1 (49 votes [23.00%])

Percentage of vote: 23.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 The Legendary Samurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 201 posts
  • LocationGuzman Park 2

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostSplinters, on 25 January 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

KDR may be meaningless in the overall scheme of things, but I am curious to see what the results are nonetheless. Do the KDR's average out or not? One possible issue is in regards to DC's do get the loss? Or are people over 10 KDR also trying to optimize it for bragging rights?

-S

I would say it's highly unlikely to even out using the numbers in this thread. The vast majority of people posting on the forums are probably better than the unwashed masses who never come to the message boards. They probably only play a few hours per week, if that, and have something like a .01 K/D ratio.

Plus a fair amount of people will likely vote >10 just to be trolls.

#22 Red squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Too bad the poll does not differentiate between PUGs and premades .... so it makes no sense IMHO.

FInally, I have to add that when I am having fun my KD ratio drops. Fun means playing around in the mech lab,
using stock builds, not using chees builds.

#23 Antony Weiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationEast Coast U.S.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

what a f*cking mess of a poll.

KDR is not a good thing at all. On a good team you shouldn't be getting more than 2-3 kills anyway.

#24 Taizan

Com Guard

• 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

I don't see the point of this poll, tbh. The current stats are meaningless/skewed and there will be a stat reset anyway.

Q: Should there be a data wipe, or at least a stats wipe when (if ever) Open Beta is deemed over?
A: We plan to wipe stats when achievements come online.

http://mwomercs.com/...evs-30-answers/

#25 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

As long as you make KDR polls, I will lie every time and skew the results.

KDR is useless and this thread is useless.

#26 JokerVictor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 515 posts
  • LocationA happy place far from this bitter wasteland

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

I disagree that KDR is entirely worthless in this game. It's less a measure of killing prowess than it is your ability to stay alive, or rather to build mechs that can keep you alive. The importance of the stat really depends on which class of mech you prefer to drive.

Assault pilots should never be expected to have a super high KDR, at least not if they're playing their class properly. Heavies should be between 1.5-2.0 ideally, i.e. they give more than they get. This generally means they win most of their gunfights. Mediums and lights are pretty variable, depends on the role they choose. Scouts will have abysmal KDR if they are doing their jobs, but their contribution isn't in damage.

So basically, the most important class to be an efficient killbot pilot of are the heavies. If you're piloting heavies and have a super sh*tty KDR, you should probably change your role, as you are definitely dragging your team down.

#27 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

K/D is pretty silly as you have to play only in optimized mech chassis's and loadouts. Sorry but I wanted to play and level spiders and just trying to kill steal isn't a good way to practice being a good pilot.

#28 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

It's interesting to see how many disconnecting stat padders we have on this forum.

#29 Culler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostJman5, on 26 January 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

It's interesting to see how many disconnecting stat padders we have on this forum.

I'd just like to say that it's possible to have a good KDR without disconnecting to protect your stats. The way to do that is to play with organized people in 4-man drops and be good at building/playing mechs. Piloting heavier mechs usually helps out your KDR too (though I die more in an assault than a heavy.)

The thing is, playing different roles/weight classes/game modes has strong effects on your KDR such that pilot skill is but one of many factors. It's still probably the biggest single factor, but if you're soloing you're going to have a KDR half of what someone who does 4-man drops, even with all else equal.

That being said mine is slowly creeping towards 9 as I have fewer and fewer new mechs to try out and just grind cash and GXP in the mechs I'm most comfortable in.

#30 NintenJoe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 111 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

just why? wouldnt it make more sense to gauge win/loss then kdr? I hate modern gamers.

#31 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

my Kill death ratio is appalling... but at the same time my win loss ratio is quite high for mostly pugging

hmmmm...

i remember this one game where an atlas engaged my team with mostly light mechs and some mediums...
i went around him to shoot the atlas but i realize his team was behind him, instead of shooting i go around his team and make them chase me away, their atlas dies alone, i soak in like 25 shots and injure a cataphract pretty bad before going down with 0 kills.
my team picks off the slowest that were chasing me, leaving 3 or 4 mechs on their team alone.
we get the W,
i don't get any kills...

it was the best thing i could have done, glad i did that instead of just stealing a kill with the atlas and dying along the rest of my team

EDIT: oh and PS> what about those people that alt+f4 when they're about to die, or i remember this one player (even remember his name but i won't post it) we were on a bad team, we tried but died. he was the last man standing on our team but instead of him capping or fighting with his raven, he escaped as fast as he could, put his raven completely underwater and powered off until the match ended.... just to save his kill death ratio

Edited by Mazzyplz, 26 January 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#32 xRaeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 938 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostDesrtfox, on 25 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

KDR means nothing about skill.

Worse than that, KDR actively encourages poor teamwork and bad behavior.

KDR should be removed from MWO, and soon.

Been saying for months it should be replaced with a damage done and damage received stat.

#33 Bobby Bolivia

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostxRaeder, on 26 January 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

Been saying for months it should be replaced with a damage done and damage received stat.

Agreed completely!

Although I find the KDR stat interesting and will check mine out from time to time, it really serves no purpose in a team based game. Win/Loss is also another kind of useless stat that's skewed by someones PUG/Premade preference

#34 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostxRaeder, on 26 January 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

There is no need to remove KDR.

They just need to track a ton more stats so that it paints a better picture.

#35 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

If you use Teamwork, and have a high K/D, then you're doing it right....

#36 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostDesrtfox, on 25 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

KDR means nothing about skill.

Worse than that, KDR actively encourages poor teamwork and bad behavior.

KDR should be removed from MWO, and soon.

KDR is also heavily influence by the type of mech and weapon systems. For example when I run duel guass anything I get 2-5 kills a match, but in my more balanced mechs I get 0-1 normally. I prefer wins to kills as long as my ktd is positive.

Also they should give us an assist stat. I get like 6-8 a match. Team work, perish the thought.

Edited by Cerlin, 26 January 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#37 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostEddrick, on 25 January 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

KDR does not equal skill (The symble for not equal to will not show). It just means they can get the killing blow more often then they die.

qft, and not voting :P

#38 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

one thing you should have asked was: do you pug, premade, or both?

I would prefer a win/loss ratio over KDR

#39 Endrick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I'm currently sitting at .68 and climbing. It was as low as .4 for a while as I did initial grinding to get enough c-bills to afford the parts for the Stalker I wanted, and then some more c-bills to afford the parts for a stalker that actually worked. I also PUG exclusively because I don't have time to play constantly, it's usually a few game then jump off to deal with the kids. I don't have time to set up, or be a part of, or wait for a team.

#40 Troop

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

before i vote i would like to ask you guys how you actually see your own stats in this game? or someone's stats? kill death ration and matches won and stuff like that.

You all talk about that stuff as if you can actually see it somewhere :P please share with me where you learn this statistical information as i have failed for many months to find it here on this website.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users