Drg-1C Revised.

12 replies to this topic

#1 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hopefully I am nearing a complete build here. Thank you all again for all the help and advice.

This is where my 1C now stands. Please feel free to poke any holes you see.

94.5kmh (xl350)
FP: 35
HE: 1.38 (14 DHS)
Armor - STD 352 (All max except head (16) and legs (33)
Endo Structure

2ml LA
2ml LT
SRM4 CT (2 tons ammo)
Ultra AC/5 RA (3 tons ammo)

#2 Rustycan

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOn a lake in New Brunswick

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

That is a good solid build. Other than not having ams I see nothing wrong with it at all. You have speed and firepower, and more armour than most fast skirmishers.

Edited by Rustycan, 26 January 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#3 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

I find a single Ultra innefective. Something from your other thread to think about. To use that Ultra effectively, you really need to sit in front of your enemy. A single Ultra, doesnt hit hard enough in my opinion. I like them paired. I have tried singles a lot on my hunches, and find them the worst of the bunch. I love them paired on my Cataphract.

I dont drive Dragons, are they capable of a SRM6 in place of that 4? If so, I would improve that. I think Dragons lend themselves better to hit and run or moving tactics, so I would favor the AC10 on that arm. Or drop it, and concentrate on your lasers, or vice versa.

Because you need to move, its difficult to fire unlike weapon types, such as Cannons and lasers. Something to consider.

#4 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Slightly revised build.

4.5kmh (xl350)
HE: 1.31 (12 DHS)
Endo Structure

2ml LA
2ml LT
SSRM2 CT (1 ton ammo)
LB10X AC RA (3 tons ammo)
AMS (1 ton ammo)

Edited by TheFlyingScotsman, 26 January 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#5 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

I like it better, but the LB10X is a spread weapon, so will seem to hit lighter than expected. (very fun weapon though). I think the SSRM is so so on that build, but that is probably more preferance. Looks like fun build, I think you have to constantly move with it though, as it lacks a killing punch to try and out slug someone.

You can lessen the armor on your legs if you need to. I run 16 on each leg on my Hunches. I havent been legged in over a week.

#6 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

I'd go with this, a little bit hot but viable, since you use it for hit and run attacks.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1659d05f92236be

#7 Firesteel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Deep Underground Near a Volcano

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

My current 1C is as follows:
400 armor (1 less than max on each leg)
4 medium lasers
AC/10 with 2 tons of ammo
XL 360
Endo
DHS

I have had some good luck with this build, seeing as it is fast and can hit quite hard if in the right position, like all dragons.

I've run a 1N with a single ultra, 2 SRM4s and 2ML, it's balance of firepower is surprisingly good since I don't have all my firepower in the most easily destroyed parts of my mech.

If you're using a single ultra, then it is a good idea to put more weapons on, seeing as it's still a threatening weapon by itself, and people are drawn towards shooting ballistics off of mechs in the first place..

#8 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

I like Fires current build. Nicely focused. I ran its equivelent AC10/3MLAS on my Hunchback. Its pretty good as mobile fighter, with a decent punch.

#9 CHWarpath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

View PostTheFlyingScotsman, on 26 January 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Slightly revised build.

4.5kmh (xl350)
HE: 1.31 (12 DHS)
Endo Structure

2ml LA
2ml LT
SSRM2 CT (1 ton ammo)
LB10X AC RA (3 tons ammo)
AMS (1 ton ammo)

That is my exact dragon build and it does tons of damage. The problem with many pilots is they don't understand consistency. Its better to have consistent damage than trying to chase numbers in the mechlab that leaves you overheated and dead. In a turn fight you can spam the lbx and still do damage and the streaks can be fired at extreme angles as well. During hots maps you will find yourself switching to lbx/streaks a lot until your heat gets back down to normal levels, meanwhile you will have players holding fire or overheating in front of you as you beat them silly. I have done 700 damage more than once on that build.

#10 M3ssiah

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Here is my build

FP: 43
xl360 engine 97.2 KPH / 106.9 KPH
HE: 1.33 (16 DHS)
Armor - Ferrous 402 (max)
Endo

2 LLasers RA
2 MLasers LT
SRM6 CT (1 Ton Ammo)

I find that you generally don't need an AMS in a dragon because of its ability to **** and duck and cover. Its great for flanking enemies and causeing confusion within their ranks. Also the Left arm makes a great shield.

#11 Elandyll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

300XL
HE: 1.39
Armor: 368 (only a bit less in legs)
Endo
DHS

Gauss
SRM6
4xML

Alpha 50dmg, speed 89kph w/ speed tweak.
By far the best combo I have tried so far (for me).

#12 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

All the Dragon talk finally wore me down so I bought the 1C.

4ML/AC10/SRM6

300XL.

I must say, its been pretty fun and suprisingly effective. At first I was Ramboing it too much, and getting squished. I settled down and started playing it much like my Hunchbacks though, coming in the second wave behind an assault. It adds a nice punch, and has some staying power. I tried the 360XL, but I found it limited my fire power more than I wanted. Additionally, while it is pretty fast like that, it turns like a dump truck, so all that speed, for me didnt seem to help much.

Anyway, fun mech, so now Im stuck eliting it. lol.

#13 RedrumnCoke

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

I run my Dragon-1c with an xl300, 4 large lasers, and 19 double heat sinks (including those in engine). I've tried other builds similar to yours but this just works better for how I run my dragon. I stay at med (400-500m) distance and provide support fire for my team's brawlers, using my precision to lop off dangerous body parts (like arms with ac20s attached).

I found my Cataphract 2x works better for a mix of energy, ballistic, and missile weaponry. It has 2 srm6s, an ac10, and an er ppc along with an xl 325 engine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users