Mechlab For Clan Mechs

8 replies to this topic

#1 Sarda

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Does anything exist like http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ so we can start planning our loadouts early? Someone must have made one for the TT or something. ;)

Edited by Sarda, 28 January 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#2 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hard to do that without knowing how omni will be implemented. Will we have omni slots? If so, how many? Will we have variable loadouts based on preset podspace allotment? Will each stock variant of an omni be sold as is with fixed weapon type hardpoints like we have with the IS mechs? Nobody knows.

#3 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Greetings all,

First I would like to say that I am not a Clanner. But, I have read allot about them. So, I have a very good understanding of them. The queston I have is about the Clan OmniMechs. From what I can tell each Clan prefer a certain Mech configurations. So, that while Clan Jade Falcom may prefer the Timber Wolf Prime and the Clan Wolves may prefer the Timber Wolf D (just example). The use of another Clans preferered configuration may be frowned upon. A Jade Falcon MechWarrior was using a configuration used primarily the Wolves he would be considered inferior and may see allot of challenges by his piers.

Is this true? Do you feel that each of the Invading Clans will have its own Faction? Or will all Clanners be grouped into one faction? If each Invading Clan has its own Faction should they limited in which Omni Configuration they can use? Or should they be allowed to reconfigure their Mech right away? And how do you think this will effect MWO?

#4 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

That is not particularly accurate. Some clans may make more use of a specific mech chassis, but most mechs are in every clan. The actual configuration a mech runs at at any time is dictated by the battlefield. A close range config for a city, or an energy config for a long campaign.

#5 Sarda

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Meh we know enough to piece something together, all the clan item weights, crit slots used, are all documented. All that would be up in the air is exact # of hardpoints and which we could give a rough guess based one what the base version carries. :l

#6 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

That rough guess is the difference between a quad UAC20 Direwolf and a Direwolf Prime. That is a huge amount of difference. In top of being unsure if we can or cannot modify otherwise unmodifiable items like engines armor or hardwired systems in omnimechs. There is, in short, an awful lot we do not know that has a direct and serious effect upon a clan mechlab in mwo.

#7 Sarda

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Can't we just assume PGI will take the easiest route and just add in the clan stuff and makes them completely customizable with the same style of hardpoints. lol

... >.> I just want something, tired of being stuck in a Atlas ;_;

#8 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

No, for the reasons outlined in the omnimech viability discussion thread. A dire wolf prime has, what, ten weapons? Think ten streak srm6. Ten erllas. Six clan erppc which each hit like a gauss rifle and a buttload of clan double heatsinks.... Unregulated customization of a clan machine creates something so munchkin, so ludicrously overpowered its disgusting.

#9 Sarda

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

That's how it should work. Personally I'm hoping to see a Bane with 8 LRM15's as one of the first Clan mechs. If they neuter Clan mechs, i'm out. :)

Edited by Sarda, 28 January 2013 - 12:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users