4 replies to this topic

#1 The Trice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 268 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

As i have seen our 4 maps all encourage the sticking together tactic because even if all the mechs take a path they can easily fall back or even cross to the other side of the map , but what i am saying is having a map for example with a line of highland( or mountains) in between creating 2 paths so that we have divide our troops to 2 to take each side , and if the enemy decided just to defend the base then their should be a spot in middle of the map where easily any light mech can spout and detect mechs on any side of the base , that way we add more tactical thinking in the game , that was one idea , but maps really have to change.

#2 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

mechs stick together because in general the larger group wins the fight. it has very little to do with map design and much more to do with the general game mechanics.

i split off and flank on a regular basis, but it is always risky. fighting any more than 3 mechs at a time by myself almost guarantees my death.

even with a split map like you describe most mechs will stick to one side and you will only have 1-2 lights checking the other side.

#3 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

If in Frozen city-maps southern base would be moved 1,5km to the east, it would give those maps a whole new gameplay.

#4 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I find that there's really a couple of attack paths and defensive points on all of the maps, but people seem to want to stick to the same ones every game, even when it's disadvantageous to do so.

I think that the only thing that will lead to a greater variety of ways that a given map can be played out is bigger maps.

#5 sC4r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

View Postblinkin, on 28 January 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

mechs stick together because in general the larger group wins the fight. it has very little to do with map design and much more to do with the general game mechanics.

pretty much agree with this... as it is the larger group of mechs generally wins...
the map you are suggesting would at the moment accomplish only more base rushes (i hate base rushes always try to take out as many mechs as possible i mean where is the fun in capping) or if one team splits while all others would go through one lane ->someone gets stomped... or will be lots of base campings

such a map would have a place in this game if either there would be 2x bigger teams than now or some different mode would be introduced
otherwise i hope such a map will not appear

Edit: typos

Edited by sC4r, 29 January 2013 - 01:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users