When The Ides Of March Is Coming, Bring In The Underdog!

5 replies to this topic

Poll: When The Ides Of March Is Coming, Bring In The Underdog! (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who want to pilot the Elemental?

1. Yes (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. No (10 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

In this game, hence the name of this game, is Mechwarrior online. It is about mech, and mech piloting and most of all mech loving.

And when it comes to the clans there is the Omnimech, we all want it, we all revered it and to some we want to so badly, we are willing to swap our wives for it in bed.

But there is one forgotten underdog unit in the clan units we don't often talk about, a clue to what it is.

It weight one ton, max speed is 32 Kph, jump capable, standard weapons is a one shot Srm2, can arm itself with a variety of anti-mech weapons.

it attack in a group of five, hard to hit, can climb the back of a mech and rips its armor off.

so, who would like to pilot this "mech"?

Please note we want the developer, if they decide to make a unit like this and they must, please include the feature that you can pilot it from a first person shooter point of view and you can use grappling claw to stay on a mech,

#2 nostra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Well, I sure as hell don't want to be an Elemental pilot, but I can definitely see the appeal. It would be an added challenge in the game once the Clans hit, as I remember it Battle Armor was something of a minor element in the Inner Sphere, and the Clans' combined-arms strategy coordinating 'mechs, aerospace, and Elemental suits was a rather big shock, and effective too.

#3 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

I once play them all the time in MW3, once took out at Atlas with five other.. it was fun

#4 Dremster

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationSkye Federation

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

To do them justice you would need to be able to grapple a mech and start taking it apart. Aside from the technical difficulty of making this a reality in game, I KNOW pugs don't have the trigger discipline to not blow you and your 4 elemental buddies to hell trying to get the kill on the mech you're attached to...

#5 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostDremster, on 30 January 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

To do them justice you would need to be able to grapple a mech and start taking it apart. Aside from the technical difficulty of making this a reality in game, I KNOW pugs don't have the trigger discipline to not blow you and your 4 elemental buddies to hell trying to get the kill on the mech you're attached to...

How true... sigh.. it is another ten years before Protomech comes out... then the fun really comes out.

#6 Mr Mantis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Someone awhile back stated they wanted to walk around on foot in a lobby like thing (gross im not leaving my mech).
It would be okay if everyone were in elementals.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users