• 2,864 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Posted Image

#2 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Been running one of those myself recently. Fun build. 6ML, yeah?

#3 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostBagheera, on 30 January 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Been running one of those myself recently. Fun build. 6ML, yeah?

yessir!

#4 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

*raises hand* Question:

Doesn't the constant clipping of your pilot's head through Cicada's cockpit walls make you nauseous?

#5 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostAlex Wolfe, on 30 January 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

*raises hand* Question:

Doesn't the constant clipping of your pilot's head through Cicada's cockpit walls make you nauseous?

Doesnt clip for me, or I just didnt notice?

#6 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostChavette, on 30 January 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

Doesnt clip for me, or I just didnt notice?

Interesting. I was told cockpit clipping is "a known issue and we're hoping to have it fixed soon" when I reported it in August 2012. Twisting the torso to the side sharply makes the view collide with cockpit walls on non-humanoid mechs (the ones with elongated torso: Jenner, Raven, Cicada, Catapult). The faster the twist, the more it lags.

Maybe it's for certain fov or vid cards only? No idea, but it kept me from playing those for a longer time. Carry on.

#7 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Haven't seen any cockpit clipping since CB. Well, I might have seen it for a minute on the CTF when it was released, but I think that was related to the arm clipping thing.

#8 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostBagheera, on 30 January 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Haven't seen any cockpit clipping since CB. Well, I might have seen it for a minute on the CTF when it was released, but I think that was related to the arm clipping thing.

That's strange. I don't have any blimp-shaped mech for aforementioned reasons, but spectating Jenners and Ravens is suffering for me, so I have no reason to believe anything changed.

Maybe it's related to my europing and server-authorized everything?

Sorry for taking this off-topic.

#9 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hmm. Interesting. I'll try to pay more attention in my CDA, but admittedly I haven't run any CPT's since closed beta so I could be speaking out of turn. I'm not tech savvy enough to know if ping/server auth could be a culprit, but it sounds like a logical theory. Now I am curious though, so I'll see if I can poke around in some trial mechs or something.

Are you running a custom user.cfg by chance?

All threads here are fair game for off-topic. Is why they are here. :huh:

#10 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostBagheera, on 30 January 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Hmm. Interesting. I'll try to pay more attention in my CDA, but admittedly I haven't run any CPT's since closed beta so I could be speaking out of turn. I'm not tech savvy enough to know if ping/server auth could be a culprit, but it sounds like a logical theory. Now I am curious though, so I'll see if I can poke around in some trial mechs or something.

Are you running a custom user.cfg by chance?

All threads here are fair game for off-topic. Is why they are here. :D

All I have in .cfg is fov=82 and disabled mouse acceleration. It clips without fov as well, though. I guess lag is the most likely culprit then, indeed.

I was always wondering how can people stomach to drive Ravens at all, interesting to hear that the problem is both known by the dev team, and unknown by some players. Lucky.

The current trial lineup is all humanoid-torso ones, so can't even hop into one to provide screenshots for laughs, sadly :( .

Edited by Alex Wolfe, 30 January 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#11 Tasorin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 825 posts
  • LocationCartman 3050 HQ

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

So you played against some randoms and got some kill shots while using a mek that has known de-sync and hit box issues. While I do agree that the CDA has its place, if and when its issues get fixed, like many other builds its going to suffer.

One of the things you see a lot of is people not shooting CDA's either center mass, back torso or legs. The little damage shield T-Rex arms the CDA has for those pilots that can roll damage against players who Zorro lasers and spray SRM's allow it to punch far ahead of its weight class.

When you get solid players who can aim, place damage on a specific location and maneuver to put themselves in shooting positions that take advantage of the CDA's weaknesses, then this mek build stops being such a beast.

#12 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostTasorin, on 30 January 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

So you played against some randoms and got some kill shots while using a mek that has known de-sync and hit box issues. While I do agree that the CDA has its place, if and when its issues get fixed, like many other builds its going to suffer.

One of the things you see a lot of is people not shooting CDA's either center mass, back torso or legs. The little damage shield T-Rex arms the CDA has for those pilots that can roll damage against players who Zorro lasers and spray SRM's allow it to punch far ahead of its weight class.

When you get solid players who can aim, place damage on a specific location and maneuver to put themselves in shooting positions that take advantage of the CDA's weaknesses, then this mek build stops being such a beast.

680dmg with lasers isnt exectly killshots?

Other than that you're right. But theres a reason nobody sensible posts this with the same or double damage done with srm boats.

Edited by Chavette, 31 January 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#13 Redoxin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

1244 dmg with a CDA-2B with 5 MLAS. No elite, no ECM either. :lol:

Posted Image
http://www.skye-rang...638#pid=1356572

Do I get a cookie now?

Edited by Redoxin, 31 January 2013 - 03:32 AM.

#14 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Only 5 kills so no :lol:

You can join me getting harassed though.

#15 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

<< oooh, actual content this time >>

Yeah, no clipping here on the CDA. Would try other "blimps" but none are in trials, like you mentioned. You post this in patch feedback or anything?

Edited by Bagheera, 31 January 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#16 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostBagheera, on 31 January 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

<< oooh, actual content this time >>

Yeah, no clipping here on the CDA. Would try other "blimps" but none are in trials, like you mentioned. You post this in patch feedback or anything?

Posting a brag pic in feedback? Or not talking to me?

#17 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostChavette, on 01 February 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

Posting a brag pic in feedback? Or not talking to me?

That wasn't about you.

I was gonna reply to Tasorin that I had not seen hit detection complaints about the CDA anywhere on the boards (save for standard lagshield issues with all fast mechs), but then I figured I'd just let it go. There's likely something I don't know as I stopped paying too much attention to the srsbzns threads quite a while ago. Too hard to filter out the noise.

:blink:

Also, I don't brag or post brag pics. I'm Terribad, it's true. :D

Edited by Bagheera, 01 February 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#18 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Congratulations!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users