Builds For The New Premium Fattie?

1 reply to this topic

#1 BloodTzar

• Pip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

I have bought the new fattie, and not sure how to load it? With XL eng it is not the best brawler ... Any experience with this mech?

#2 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostBloodTzar, on 08 February 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

I have bought the new fattie, and not sure how to load it? With XL eng it is not the best brawler ... Any experience with this mech?

Assuming you are talking about the 'Pretty Baby' Awesome, it is a decent brawler depending on your play style. You must avoid a couple of things to be effective. Do not be the first mech to engage the enemy and hide when facing LRMs or pair up with an ECM buddy. Torso twisting with your arms towards your opponent between shots also helps. Takes a little practice, but this is one of the most dangerous Mechs in the game. BTW alpha strike into most RCTs are a one shot kill. Use that speed to get behind the Atlas and the Stalker and they are done for. No need to circle a Stalker due to the limited torso twist and slow speed, just adjust your speed to compensate and stay behind them. They die fast if you hit the right spot.

As for build, I run 2 LL, 1 ML, 3 SRM6, double HS with a 350 XL engine. This build is deadly. The SRMs are the primary damage dealers and LL give some long range.

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 08 February 2013 - 06:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users