Clan Mech Builds

23 replies to this topic

#21 siLve00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostDirkdaring, on 31 January 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Clan LRM20s + tag. No minimum range, less tonnage less crit space. No need to use anything else.

my head hurts owwww

when thats your best bet with clanweapons... i guess no1 needs to worry lol

Edited by siLve00, 01 February 2013 - 06:14 AM.

#22 NFwildcat

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Why don't they just implement it the way they have implemented double heat sinks and Ferro-fibrous armor? On your IS mech you would just have to spend a bunch of CB to upgrade it to accept clan tech then Whammo! You can fit clan weapons ect onto your IS mech, now clan mechs would already have this installed so they would be inherently expensive...but this way I can still have my dragon and not be pathetically outmatched by a vulture, canon be darned

#23 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostSug, on 31 January 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

Pretty much yes. Give them a mixture of fixed type hardpoints (energy, missile, ballistic) and Omni points that can mount any weapon type.

Example: Timberwolf has missile hardpoints in the torso and Omni hardpoints in it's arms.

This will allow customization without enabling ridiculous boating.

To be technical, in MW4 the Timberwolf's Omni hardpoints were in the left and right torsos (with Missile hardpoints on each shoulder and energy in each arm [MekTek made the right arm into "Direct Fire," allowing it to hold ballistics and/or lasers]).

Posted Image\\

...But, since this game isn't exactly MW4, of course it could/would be modified to suit MWO's balance.

Edited by FupDup, 04 February 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#24 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Also.. you can't change an omnimech's armor, and some still have hard wired weapons (like the Puma's CT Flamer)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users