23 replies to this topic

#1 Nexus Omega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hi Guys,

I received this PM today figured I would air it seeing as it came from an account with 2 posts, which was created yesterday...

Sent Today, 04:11 PM

Pugs are ruining this game for it's rightful owners: premades. We bankrolled this game from the very beginning and we have put in the time and effort to find other like minded people and team up with them in order to elevate our own performance above that of pugs. But what happens? Pugs complain bitterly! They claim that people who use teamwork have an unfair advantage over them. Of course we have an advantage, just like people who play with their eyes open have an advantage over people who play blindfolded!

The devs capitulated to their mewling and now pugs have been given an artificial advantage. Now, pugs get to pad their stats and line their pockets with c-bills earned by the sweat of the premade's brow. This is unacceptable. The natural order must be restored; pugs need to be put back in their place at the bottom of the food chain. Pugs must be forced face the 8 man premade onslaught so that they learn their rightful place; they are little more than livestock for premades to slaughter and consume at their leisure.

Devs, the only way this game will survive is if your premade backers can quickly, efficiently, and reliably convert pugs into cbills and XP.

The pug agitators will brand me a troll, but they are great deceivers. For was not forcing premades to carry pugs on their backs the greatest troll of all?

So, thoughts?

I disagree with the hole "premades are carrying pugs angle" It sounds pretty stupid,
But as a 99.99% Pugger (i have no friends with time...) I can't say dropping against premades was even on my hate list, it is fun everyone pulls together and plays better when they know they are facing a premade. (in my experience) and we would even win against them. (not against a flock of 3L's though...)

#2 Bguk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

We are the Overlords of this game. We will not be stopped. Stand down or forever live in a world of glorious enjoyment. Ours.

#3 Eights n Aces

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Opinion: You should have chuckled and deleted the PM. Posting it here serves no purpose.

#4 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Got this same one. :P

View PostEights n Aces, on 31 January 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

Opinion: You should have chuckled and deleted the PM. Posting it here serves no purpose.

Nah...its a good laugh.

#5 Warrax the Chaos Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 925 posts
  • LocationMyrror

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

It was somebody trolling on an alt account. That message was originally an OP from a few days ago that got sent to the jettisoned communication thread, which has now been deleted since he sent out all the PMs. No doubt they were doing it on purpose just to see how long it took to get banned.

#6 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostWarrax the Chaos Warrior, on 31 January 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

It was somebody trolling on an alt account. That message was originally an OP from a few days ago that got sent to the jettisoned communication thread, which has now been deleted since he sent out all the PMs. No doubt they were doing it on purpose just to see how long it took to get banned.

Ahh I see. Yeah people that do that kind of crap need to stay off of their computers. Unfortunately they make up 75% of the internet community.

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 31 January 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#7 Psydotek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 745 posts
  • LocationClan 'Mechs? Everywhere? GOOD!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

E-mail PGI support about this. Harassment is pretty inappropriate last time I checked.

#8 Nahuris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

I got it too.... thought he was being sarcastic and returned a LOL......

Nahuris

#9 Tarman

• 2,080 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Yep, this is mostly internets in that PM, not much actual substance. Looks built specifically to start at least two or three different things. It's a lovingly-crafted poostick.

#10 Cranky Poed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

i guess they want to be the only people to complain about stuff..

#11 Alaric the Arcane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostNexus Omega, on 31 January 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

Pugs are ruining this game for it's rightful owners: premades. We bankrolled this game from the very beginning and we have put in the time and effort to find other like minded people and team up with them in order to elevate our own performance above that of pugs. But what happens? Pugs complain bitterly! They claim that people who use teamwork have an unfair advantage over them. Of course we have an advantage, just like people who play with their eyes open have an advantage over people who play blindfolded!

The devs capitulated to their mewling and now pugs have been given an artificial advantage. Now, pugs get to pad their stats and line their pockets with c-bills earned by the sweat of the premade's brow. This is unacceptable. The natural order must be restored; pugs need to be put back in their place at the bottom of the food chain. Pugs must be forced face the 8 man premade onslaught so that they learn their rightful place; they are little more than livestock for premades to slaughter and consume at their leisure.

Devs, the only way this game will survive is if your premade backers can quickly, efficiently, and reliably convert pugs into cbills and XP.

The pug agitators will brand me a troll, but they are great deceivers. For was not forcing premades to carry pugs on their backs the greatest troll of all?

This was beautifully written.

#12 Guy Grand

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay Area

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Pugs are ruining this game for it's rightful owners: premades.

The assertion here is that all Founders are in premades, this is demonstrably false.

We bankrolled this game from the very beginning

The implication here is that all investors have executive authority, also false.

we have put in the time and effort to find other like minded people and team up with them in order to elevate our own performance above that of pugs.

While this is commendable, it is incidental to the purpose of the current team mechanic, which is a placeholder.

They claim that people who use teamwork have an unfair advantage over them.

Strawman.

The devs capitulated to their mewling and now pugs have been given an artificial advantage. Now, pugs get to pad their stats and line their pockets with c-bills earned by the sweat of the premade's brow.

Stats are also a placeholder, which will be wiped, also there is a clause here that is based on a factually false premise.

The natural order must be restored; pugs need to be put back in their place at the bottom of the food chain.

This is almost nonsense as a statement, as a bald assertion it is laughably self serving.

Pugs must be forced face the 8 man premade onslaught so that they learn their rightful place; they are little more than livestock for premades to slaughter and consume at their leisure.

The grievance here seems to be that the game is no longer as easy as it was; both a contradiction of the authors implied ethical position and no one's problem but his.

Bald assertion, an opinion in appearance much like an ****.

There are a lot of tacit assumptions here that are demonstrably false, or are bald assertions.

My conclusion is that this is authored by an experienced troll or someone that severely lacks in basic reasoning skills and also needs to get out more.

#13 HiplyRustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

It brought tears to my eyes...then again, so does a ripe combination-filled baby diaper.

On reflection, both are full of the same things.

Edited by HiplyRustic, 31 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#14 Poisoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Just because the Goons are trolls, doesn't mean that other premades are.

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostNexus Omega, on 31 January 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

Hi Guys,

I received this PM today figured I would air it seeing as it came from an account with 2 posts, which was created yesterday...

Sent Today, 04:11 PM

So, thoughts?

I disagree with the hole "premades are carrying pugs angle" It sounds pretty stupid,
But as a 99.99% Pugger (i have no friends with time...) I can't say dropping against premades was even on my hate list, it is fun everyone pulls together and plays better when they know they are facing a premade. (in my experience) and we would even win against them. (not against a flock of 3L's though...)

That is a fool. Should have just deleted it. Now the tension is going to get a notch higher.

#16 Bguk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

All I can see is they succeeded.

#17 WTChance

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 90 posts
  • Locationmobile. really. i drive 3k/5k miles/km a week.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Could you actually imagine what would happen to the game if there was nothing but premades? Given that the majority of players are actually proven to be PUGs, that is. Well, trolls got to troll, I guess.

#18 HiplyRustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 31 January 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

That is a fool. Should have just deleted it. Now the tension is going to get a notch higher.

Speaking of tension, was it tension that caused you to drop into caustic in a pug 1/2 hour ago and then caused me to see a "Joseph Mallan has killed Joseph Mallan" message? :P

Edited by HiplyRustic, 31 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostHiplyRustic, on 31 January 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

Speaking of tension, was it tension that caused you to drop into caustic in a pug 1/2 hour ago and then caused me to see a "Joseph Mallan has killed Joseph Mallan" message? ;)

No. That was me having a Ping of 7,600 and then crashing to deck top :(
But thanks for asking :P

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 31 January 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#20 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Why bother to post this? its blatently inflamatory.

Wonder if its the same person thats running the mwo hate page on facebook.

Edited by KharnZor, 31 January 2013 - 07:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users