14 replies to this topic

#1 Seijin Dinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 259 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEdmonds, WA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Ok this may start some controversy, oh well.

Personally I feel that the possibility of multiple people starting Clan Wolf, Jade Falcon, (Insert any other canonical clan here) Could create confusion as well as divide us as a whole, trying to determine which fan Clan is the "real" Clan Wolf etc. My suggestion will use Ghost Bear as it's example. Instead of making Clan Ghost Bear 2 or 3 times, make your group based off of the Touman, such as Ghost Bear - Omega Galaxy, etc. That lets you still represent your clan of choice without causing confusion of having multiple of the same clan.

Just some food for thought.

#2 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

but clans aren't even in the game yet :)

#3 AkuPyro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 112 posts
  • LocationGeosynchronous Orbit

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

"Yet" is the keyword. Doesn't prevent all the of the X "clan recruiting" and "which clan should I join" type posts. My hope is that they would have the main Clans as factions, much now how they have houses, and have minor and custom/non-canon be like the current merc area. All speculation now of course.

Edit: Removed random markup.

Edited by AkuPyro, 01 February 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#4 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

That is actually the thought I had, as well. At bare minimum possible, a single Galaxy is still 120 people. It can get quite a bit larger, however. If a single Galaxy is not enough to contain all the members of a given 'Clan,' then I could see an issue, but, really, 120+++? Should be able to fit.

#5 Seijin Dinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 259 posts
  • LocationEdmonds, WA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

And honestly I am not to concerned if the Galaxies are even Canon like Omega Galaxy which I used. I just do not want to see it turn ugly and get into bad blood because multiple people want to try and lay claim to a single clan name.

#6 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

As stated by PGI, no one group/corp can claim to be the entire clan, how we work this out amongst ourseves I am looking forward to, though as a member of Clanwolf.org, i know that our commanding officers have contact to the other "official" wolves and there are to my knowledge no bad blood brewing.
perhaps this is different for the other clans, but to my knowledge all the wolves have no problems with sorting this out.

#7 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

It also makes the command structure easier. It ends at Galaxy Commander, with Star Colonel, Star Captain, Star Commander, and Mechwarrior below it. No Khan/SaKhan, though it would be nice if multiple galaxies of the same "clan" would coordinate now and then.

#8 Seijin Dinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 259 posts
  • LocationEdmonds, WA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Oh please note I did not mean to say that any of the clans that are recruiting have bad blood, and did not mean to make it look as if I was targeting specific clans, I just used names of clans involved with Operation Revival as examples.

I do apologize if my initial post made it seem as I was using real examples and not just hypothetical situations.

#9 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

This was brought up about a year ago. That thread is lost to history, but, the general consensus was that no one group can claim to represent a clan faction or the clans as a whole. Each group of players would represent a part of that faction.

I am sure PGI will stake claim to some of the more well known military units. This does not stop anyone from saying that they are so-and-so cluster, or galaxy, of clan Wolf or clan Jade Falcon or clan Ghost Bear.

#10 qultar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

the ghost bears have already done this for the most part
the fact that the khans are going to be NPCs
makes it so there is no point in having "full Clans"

the idea is we have a main group of the Clan
then the sup group that are the units

#11 Deamhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 484 posts
  • Location4 Wing Cold Lake

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

What will happen is they come out with the clans and we, as players, can join the in game clan. We become a member of that clan. What happens with regard to the different player groups of the same clan name is they will simply end up separate divisions within the same Clan.

Edited by Deamhan, 01 February 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#12 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostSeijin Dinger, on 01 February 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

Ok this may start some controversy, oh well.

Personally I feel that the possibility of multiple people starting Clan Wolf, Jade Falcon, (Insert any other canonical clan here) Could create confusion as well as divide us as a whole, trying to determine which fan Clan is the "real" Clan Wolf etc. My suggestion will use Ghost Bear as it's example. Instead of making Clan Ghost Bear 2 or 3 times, make your group based off of the Touman, such as Ghost Bear - Omega Galaxy, etc. That lets you still represent your clan of choice without causing confusion of having multiple of the same clan.

Just some food for thought.

This was brought up when the Forums first opened up, mate.

#13 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 01 February 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

That is actually the thought I had, as well. At bare minimum possible, a single Galaxy is still 120 people. It can get quite a bit larger, however. If a single Galaxy is not enough to contain all the members of a given 'Clan,' then I could see an issue, but, really, 120+++? Should be able to fit.

120? CGB's Beta Galaxy has a count of 210, this only OmniMechs. This is not placing in to consideration that MWO is only a Mech game and that logically taking non-Mech trinaries and making them Mech would add roughly another 80 rough OmniMechs.

We look at in (in CGB's 304th Assault Cluster) that regardless of our number count in the future we will stay a Cluster only. You have the flux of members being active and inactive, new members, members leaving, etc. To be larger than a whole Cluster is a lot of members. We intend to be only the 304th, but we also have a star of MW2-4 ADL CGB members who have kept their 1st Bear Guards title.

#14 Seijin Dinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 259 posts
  • LocationEdmonds, WA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

I would like to say that I was unaware that this had been discussed in the past

#15 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostSeijin Dinger, on 03 February 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

I would like to say that I was unaware that this had been discussed in the past

Yep, early on in the Forums life, like November of 2011 ;)

Do not worry about it. I agree, there should be no one group who claims a Clan. I think in most, it makes sense for groups to take on a Cluster, or if they are smaller, even a Trinary. Like the 304th started out as in MechWarrior: Living Legends. We started out as the 72nd Assault Trinary, and only expanded to a Cluster when MWO was announced.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users