101 replies to this topic

#21 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

You know what... I already have the hunch, spider and Phract variants but I will gladly buy the awesome and another 3D Phract to make a new variant with different weapon load out. And even if I did own all 4 mech variants already, I'd gladly buy into this package just to show my support to PGI for a great sale! This is what we want to see more of and this is the kind of sales that will get people spending MC.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 01 February 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#22 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostChou Senwan, on 01 February 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Is the front-page graphic actually to scale? I mean, a Cataphract is 70 tons, an Awesome 80, which is about and 11.5% difference in mass, which would be achieved by a 5% increase in width, height, and depth.

Spider is 30, Awesome is 80, a mass difference of 166%, which would be achieved by a 65% increase in width, height, and depth.

The awesome just looks way too big for its weight. How does it compare in size to the Atlas?
you also have to take into account that the awesome's is a thick mech. Most of its tonnage is in gearth rather than height. The Phract is a bit more on the thinner side. It's still almost as wide as the awesome but the Phracts body is really thin. Height is always not a good way to judge tonnage.

#23 BlackSquirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 873 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

I will actually probably do this...

#24 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Awesome sale is awesome.

#25 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

I won't be making any purchases, but I like.

#26 Ice Devil

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

I swore I wasn't going to spend any money on this game until it was out of beta. Oh well I love the Cataphract and at this price point I can't really pass it up :wub: 50% off of anything really is my magic number for sales.

#27 xDark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

Is the front-page graphic actually to scale? I mean, a Cataphract is 70 tons, an Awesome 80, which is about and 11.5% difference in mass, which would be achieved by a 5% increase in width, height, and depth.

Spider is 30, Awesome is 80, a mass difference of 166%, which would be achieved by a 65% increase in width, height, and depth.

The awesome just looks way too big for its weight. How does it compare in size to the Atlas?

You're assuming all mechs have the same density. That's your problem.

#28 capt hungry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Very cool to see this! However, decisions, decisions..........also part of me just wants to wait and see what other mechs are due to appear in the game as we go along. Don't want to make a purchase now that I might regret in the future.

#29 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

You devils! You just made me break my rule of never buying normal mechs with MC.

#30 GT Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I have to admit you have me thinking about a shiney new CTF-3D as I need to buy 2 more anyway to go with my 2X. but spending cash on what I can get for free by shooting people is a hard call.

#31 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Words fail me on how great the HBK-4SP is.

Do yourself a favor, buy one today.

Cheers.

#32 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

I might go for the Cataphract as I need a third one, this is good PGI keep it up.

View PostHelmer, on 01 February 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Cheers.

I have one and I agree it is a great mech.

#33 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostHelmer, on 01 February 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

I also have one and love it!
Cheers.

#34 Tuku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

If I had money to spend on MC right now I would buy a 3D and the Awesome :wub: *starts digging through the couch for quarters*

#35 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

I parted with some of my hoarded Founder's pack MC to get a 'phract. I normally don't use heavy or assaults but, meh, seems a decent deal. I still am not planning on buying any more MC till they put the final nail in that moron 3rd person view.

#36 Capp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

One important thing to note... the 4 mechs are NOT all standing on the same "floor" They are hovering at different levels to fit into the viewing space better. (If your browser can view the background image alone, you can see this easily.)

Edit: One could argue the different levels are "perspective" but that still means the spider is in mid-air.

As for the deal... I was amused when the new trial mechs came out that I already owned 3 of the 4. I'm less amused now that this sale appeared, but since I didn't spend any MC on them anyway, it doesn't matter.

I'm halfway tempted to get the last one because I have only 1 day of premium left and my C-bill income is about going to drop from poor to poverty-stricken. (The moment I have enough C-bills I buy a new mech, because I always feel like trying something different... so I've never had C-bills to spare. lol)

Edited by Capp, 01 February 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#37 Raalic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 483 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

This is a good move, for sure. And a 4SP for 50% off is no joke. That is the best 'mech for new players. I'd like to see it in the trial rotation pretty frequently, especially with these deals.

#38 miscreant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 823 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

This is almost as good as new maps!...ok, not really but at least the sale is a good one.

#39 Theevenger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

I just bought me a hunchback 4 sp :wub:

Keep it coming, guys, I love this idea!

#40 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Good job developers. I have nothing bad to say about this. Please make MC more flexible in the amounts you can buy however.

I suggest an exchange rate formula with a varible discount instead of block purchases.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users