Weekly Review - Feb. 1St

9 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Weekly Review – Feb. 1st

Hey guys, February is here! Lot of stuff to cover, as well as hiding our anticipation for the Feb. 5th patch. Mmm, patch…

First, check out our new Trial By Fire Sale! Like the new trial Mechs? Good, because they are 50% off the MC price! If any of those Mechs tickles your fancy, now’s the time. As mentioned in the deal itself, you could buy the 6.95 package, and get both the HBK-4SP Hunchback and the SDR-5V Spider!

Also today, our twitch.tv event will be LIVE at 6pm PST! Attempt to ruin Phil’s day by dropping and screenwatching him as you barely flank behind where you know he is! We hope you like our schedule, but realise we can't possibly hit all timezones, and that no, I'm not staying at work till 3am :D

Paul posted the Weapon Balancing forum post, outlining upcoming changes (some of which may make it into the Feb. 5th patch!) So you ER LL, LPL, PPC, and ER PPC fans will have something to really look forward to! I can already hear certain Mech variants readying up...

Wait, there’s something coming… something… awesome. Soon.. the wait will be over. Soon, brothers and sisters! The time of the Awesome approaches!

Thanks for tuning in, and we hope you all have a great weekend!

Cheers, The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

That's cool, now put out the next Mech's concept art.

#3 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Yes, prepare for the rage of going through all of January without a new Mech announcement!

The Mayans were off by a month! :roar:

:D

#4 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I really really like the new Awesome hero mech.... Awesomes make such great targets. An abundance of them can only be good for my kdr :D.

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Picked up a 4SP(was just about to buy one with CBills, but at that MC price, why the heck not?) and an 8V.

Normally, I'd never have bought an Awesome. I'm not a big Assault fan to begin with, and the Awesome has notorious heat issues. It'd take me an easy week of grinding to buy one normally, so it just wouldn't happen.

But, at 50% off MC, why the heck not try it out? And you know what? I like it. Took some fiddling to find a build that works for me, but it's working out pretty well now.

I'd love to see, moving forward, a program where the current set of Trial mechs always have a MC discount. Under normal circumstances, I find the MC costs for mechs to be somewhat prohibitive when you can buy them with regular cbills. However, at half price? I'd be buying them left and right.

Even if not 50%, 25-30% would be pretty damn nice.

#6 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

No new mech :D :D :(

#7 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 01 February 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

I'd love to see, moving forward, a program where the current set of Trial mechs always have a MC discount. Under normal circumstances, I find the MC costs for mechs to be somewhat prohibitive when you can buy them with regular cbills. However, at half price? I'd be buying them left and right.

Even if not 50%, 25-30% would be pretty damn nice.

This sounds like a smart idea to me.

#8 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 01 February 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

That's cool, now put out the next Mech's concept art.

This.

View PostMonsoon, on 01 February 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Yes, prepare for the rage of going through all of January without a new Mech announcement!

And this.

#9 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

what happened to the weekly screenshots.

you know in real life gauss rifles generate electricity to power magnets.. which propel the round. you would really expect them to generate a certain amount of heat.

Edited by Tennex, 02 February 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#10 Helvetica

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Promotion

Promotion

actual work on crawling out of beta

Promotion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users