Worst Time To Pug

4 replies to this topic

#1 maddog6707

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

There seems to be more new players and premade teams Friday night through Sunday. There are more 0-8 massacres than during the week day. I have gotten to the point of not relying on my team to help out with killing ECM-lights or ECM support against LRMs. Most don't even have AMS in favor of more guns. There would probably be less LRM boats if everyone had AMS.

#2 Garagano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

oh, and i was affright that PGI dropped me into a blacklist with experimental (non-brainer) AI player bots, for punishment or what ever...

yes, this happens a lot for the last 3 weeks or so. To end a match 0-8 (win or loss) is normal, nowadays.
This is very unsatisfactory... the premades are ruining this game. Many new and unexperienced players are roflstomped by premades.

Separate pugs from premades! They dont want to play with pugs and i dont want to play with them. :P

#3 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

View Postmaddog6707, on 03 February 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

There seems to be more new players and premade teams Friday night through Sunday. There are more 0-8 massacres than during the week day. I have gotten to the point of not relying on my team to help out with killing ECM-lights or ECM support against LRMs. Most don't even have AMS in favor of more guns. There would probably be less LRM boats if everyone had AMS.

well yes, the weekends are when more casual players tend to play, seeing as how it's the weekend

also as an atlas pilot with ~3800 drops in closed beta and ~1900 so far in open, i don't run AMS. it's worthless. not even in my non-ecm atlases. and rarely do i take more than yellow-orange armor damage from LRM's. terrain is worth a dozen AMS's. and considering most LRM boats vomit out ~40+ lrms at you per volley, AMS's protection is pretty negligible

View PostGaragano, on 03 February 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

the premades are ruining this game. Many new and unexperienced players are roflstomped by premades.

Separate pugs from premades! They dont want to play with pugs and i dont want to play with them. :P

alternatively, pugs are ruining the game.

they argue they shouldn't have to team up with strangers, but insist 4mans team up with strangers to make 8mans.

they ignore team chat when a premade tries to keep them together, ignore the minimap and are completely oblivious to what the rest of their team is doing

they chase spiders in ddc's, ignore base caps in lights, don't warn the team when they see enemies flanking, attempt to scout from the middle of the enemy formation, stand directly behind teammates so you can't reverse and get behind cover, shoot through teammates in an attempt to get a kill, ignore targets that fight in order to kill disconnects, etc etc

#4 armyof1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

View Postp00k, on 04 February 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

alternatively, pugs are ruining the game.

they argue they shouldn't have to team up with strangers, but insist 4mans team up with strangers to make 8mans.

they ignore team chat when a premade tries to keep them together, ignore the minimap and are completely oblivious to what the rest of their team is doing

they chase spiders in ddc's, ignore base caps in lights, don't warn the team when they see enemies flanking, attempt to scout from the middle of the enemy formation, stand directly behind teammates so you can't reverse and get behind cover, shoot through teammates in an attempt to get a kill, ignore targets that fight in order to kill disconnects, etc etc

Basically you're saying that allowing new players in this game ruins the game, because any new player would of course be a PUG. Well good luck trying to keep a F2P game running with only already existing players, it'll die easy and die quick. And all those mistakes you're talking about are also typical beginner mistakes, I bet even you did some of them once. What this game needs is premades having the choice to play against only premades, then you don't have to see PUGs when you're playing and you can finally stop playing in easy mode. Then when you still see a lot of 4-man drops in a PUG you at least know who the real PUG-stompers are.

Edited by armyof1, 04 February 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#5 Jaded Jasper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Derail aside, as an inveterate PUGer I'd say generally the worst time to play solo is evenings starting after work EST. You tend to either be on a team of mooks, or grouped with a 4 man team stomping mooks.

When I play later in the evening, say after 11pm or so PST, I find it much more enjoyable. The overall and average quality of players is much the same, they're just spread out rather than organized into groups of 4 players who know what they're doing. Which makes it much more likely to find a close match.

It'd be nice if they alowed you to join with a team of any size so you could play with your friends, but then split groups of more than 3 players so that half are on each side. It's as much fun to shoot your friends as play with them!

Edited by Jaded Jasper, 04 February 2013 - 06:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users