Mechwarrior Living Legends MOD

14 replies to this topic

#1 PelinalWhitestrake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 144 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

Well someone here is playing this mod for Crysis, Wars and Warhead?

#2 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

Absolutely. I've seen MWLL all over the forums. I love it. Will be the only thing keeping me sane until MWO releases. The Smoke Jaguars have a nice server on there too. Almost always populated.

#3 xesle

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:53 AM

I generally try not to play on that server unless no others are populated or they're full. They only enforce their server rules whenever it suits them (ie legging is forbidden, unless you're a talentless SJ yourself piloting a banked asset when you leg a light mech because it is kicking your madcat's *** and there is video proof of you doing so.)

I love legging them whenever I see them on other servers. Their tears are always so delicious.

The SJ losers aside, I love the mod and play it regularly. I'm sad that mwo will not have mwll's combined arms feature though. Demolishers are so much fun.

#4 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

View Postxesle, on 05 November 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

I generally try not to play on that server unless no others are populated or they're full. They only enforce their server rules whenever it suits them (ie legging is forbidden, unless you're a talentless SJ yourself piloting a banked asset when you leg a light mech because it is kicking your madcat's *** and there is video proof of you doing so.)

I love legging them whenever I see them on other servers. Their tears are always so delicious.

The SJ losers aside, I love the mod and play it regularly. I'm sad that mwo will not have mwll's combined arms feature though. Demolishers are so much fun.

Given time we might see the combined arms you never know.

#5 xesle

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

I hope so. The whole point of tanks in CBT is to be a cheaper alternative to mechs, so tank assets would be a viable option for players short on cash in MWO, not to mention some of the lighter vehicles are excellent scouts.

At the very least, vehicles should be included in the game as ai enemies, but hopefully they will actually be dangerous foes, unlike in MW4 where a light mech could beat a demolisher 2 without taking a scratch.

#6 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

Some of us here are working for the MWLL mod. :)

#7 CasualT

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

I haven't played it but when I get stateside again I might look into to hold me off till MWO gets here.

#8 Lori Carlyle

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

Would like to, never got it to work so gave up with it.

Maybe when they get it to work out that Crisis (wars) (warhead) is in fact installed and working, I'll give it a try.

#9 CasualT

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Does it have a lot of issues? Because I don't want to buy Crysis and have it not work :)

#10 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

It needs a pretty nice machine to run on and it works best on a 64 bit system like windows 7 64bit. Most of the problems have been around the Windows 32 bit limit of 2 gig of memory. It is still in beta and a work in progress. So it isn't perfect but it is far and away anything you have ever seen except for the initial trailer released for MW5 Reboot. If you have seen Crysis effects, you will understand the level of detail in the 3d world there. Add some mechs and viola! You got MWLL the Crysis Wars mod.

Here is a link for testing your system specs:
http://www.systemreq...arhead&id=10780

I can bet that MWO will probably need a good machine as well. So nice to be prepared.

If you are ready to proceed and have a copy of Crysis Warhead which comes with Crysis Wars the multiplayer part of the game, click on the link below to start setting your game up.
http://wiki.mechlivi...to_Install_MWLL

If you do have problems with the MWLL mod, we have loads of support to help get people going. There is more information on the mod at mechlivinglegends.net. Check out the gallery on the link below and you will see more info on how the game looks while playing.
http://www.mechlivinglegends.net
join up on the forums and check out our epic screenshots link along with user posted videos of competitive matches.

See you on the Battlefield folks and also when MWO goes live!

CHH Deathshade
87th Calvary
Clan Hell's Horses
http://hellshorses.net

Edited by Deathshade8, 05 November 2011 - 01:22 PM.

#11 armitage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

MWLL is great, if you're having install issues definately visit the forums at www.mechlivinglegends.net, the devs are super helpful and can get you past the frustration if you have any. I run it on a wimpy 2.4g core 2 duo and a 9800gt on win XP. Aside from a recent update flub which has already been resolved with a hotfix, the mod installs and runs without problem.

Edited by armitage, 05 November 2011 - 09:46 PM.

#12 KnowBuddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

I just recently picked up Crysis Warhead just for Crysis Wars to run MWLL. It is indeed excellent. I'm impressed by the implementation, the effective implementation of the combined-arms concept, the gorgeous visuals, the satisfying gameplay, and the steep learning curve.

#13 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Mod? What mod, this is better than 95% of the AAA games out there now. To think they still have LOADS of stuff to toss in too. OH happy days when I will get to play MWO, MWLL and AT1 MP

#14 Hellgardia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLoures, Lisboa, Portugal

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:24 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 11 November 2011 - 11:29 PM, said:

Mod? What mod, this is better than 95% of the AAA games out there now. To think they still have LOADS of stuff to toss in too. OH happy days when I will get to play MWO, MWLL and AT1 MP

Agreed.

Btw, how is the development on AT1? I saw a MP trailer a while back...

Cheers

#15 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

View PostAniquilator6, on 12 November 2011 - 04:24 AM, said:

Agreed.

Btw, how is the development on AT1? I saw a MP trailer a while back...

Cheers

Sadly not 100% sure. I wish I did, sorry. I am hoping for February next year. That is my hope/guess, but no idea tbh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users