Separate Streak Lock From Lrm Lock

8 replies to this topic

#1 FrupertApricot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Separate streak lock from LRM lock, and require a pilot to RE LOCK for each volley of streak fires like in tabletop. bamf suddenly certain light mechs no longer run roughshod over all the others, even with ECM.

#2 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

There are a lot of ideas circulating about that. If you really want to discuss it, I'd suggest the suggestion forum, far fewer people take "L2P" seriously over there.

#3 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

I support

#4 FrupertApricot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

no one seriously look sat the sugg forum in the community for a bigger cross section of oppinion i went here. I think streaks needign re lock per shot woudl be the perfect mechanism for balancing them (including letting them lock thru ECM)

#5 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

I agree. Both suggestions (Streaks requiring re-lock, as well as not being jammed by ECM) would bring MWO closer to the tabletop, and make two certain builds much less of an obvious choice for easymode Light/Med hunting.

#6 FrupertApricot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Yeah it'd fix light v light imbalance of variants pretty fast.

#7 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

"Re-locking" is just absurd. A far simpler solution, and one that makes more sense, is to simply narrow the lock window. If the cross-hairs had to actually stay ON the target, or at least closer too it, then it would cause the locks to break somewhat logically if either the shooter or target is moving quickly or erratically, or dodging around cover. A good light pilot can already make it very difficult to attain the lock in the first place by proper use of terrain, and if they get in a circle of death vs Streaks they deserved to die, anyway. Larger mechs could still be hit, but the damage means less to them, and they're easier to hit, anyway. It would still force the shooter to use more controlled movement (less speed and jinking) to maintain a lock, making them easier to fire back on.

The limit could also be applied to LRMs, making them require more focus without being a nerf.

It makes a lot more sense than having a computer programmed to dump targeting data every time a missile leaves the tube.

#8 FrupertApricot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 669 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Well then you could jus do like MW4. have the missiles launch, but only seek if your Xhair was ON the enemy mech when you clicked, and then, have it seek the point on the enemy mech where you had clicked so you have to actually aim.

the re lock makes PERFECT SENSE. The Streaks have SEEKERS IN THE MISSILES. Fire the missiles, 2 new rotate in from magazine, with blank seeker heads! it would force alot more t hought and skill than you see currently in turning battles with lights where you can peg someones torso for 10 dmg every few seconds without care in the world.

#9 DeadlyNerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

So you're saying that superduper advanced technology isn't able to maintain locks of 2 weapon systems at once?
Stop crying already. Last time I got killed by streaks was cause the team was dead already anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users