v1.2.182

181 replies to this topic

#141 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

* C-Bills and XP gained from the match should be available without an extra click to a second tab. Keep the detailed breakdown on a second tab, fine, but not the simple C-Bill and XP totals that used to be on the main screen without requiring a click to a second tab.

* Fix bug that causes "fall damage" to be displayed in the "last seven damage received" box way more than is accurate. Either "fall damage" is calculated down to such an infinitesimal level that every time a mech takes a step (even Heavies, which is the type of mechs I've been running where I've seen this "fall damage" listed) it receives some fall damage, or the damaged received source list is incorrect. If it helps to troubleshoot, I've been piloting an Ilya Muromets the most, and consistently see "fall damage" listed among the last seven things that damaged me even when I was nowhere near a cliff or significant elevation change.

#142 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

I love the new data at the end.

I have a request. I would like that data written to a local text file so that I can derive some statistics from it.

Thank you.

#143 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

• Death screen: Make me be able to go back to spectate without clicking. An ESC key should be fine. Alot of things are done with ESC, but it has no function on the death screen. Its inconsistent.
  • While playing windowed fullscreen, a lot of times the game seems to lose focus of the window while playing and some(not all) keys cease to work, like TAB or ENTER. Hitting ESC two times fixes it. This was an issue before the patch.
  • Death screen: I can't move around the text I am editing with the cursor keys properly, its only semi-auto(nothing happens if I hold it down). Frustrating to use. I heard its the same with the backspace key too.

Edited by Chavette, 07 February 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#144 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Love them.. but.
the layout of the data totally blocks the view of my fallen mech... Thats counter productive.. I want to see my mech..
Second.. I want to see the 3rd person perspective of how my mech died like before..

third.. WHen you win, the end is boring as hell. Make the last 3 strides of a victorious mech be 3rd person , coming towards the screen.. You get to see your awesome mech and that looks cool..

steps in the right direction.. love it.

#145 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Since the last patch, I like the new screens, but it seems as though you've doubled the amount of time required to get your mech out of a game. Why does it take so long? It's super irritating sitting there staring at your screen waiting for your mech to get out of a game.

#146 PeeAeMKay

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

I'm very happy with the new pre- and post game screen.
  • I really like that you don't have to wait until the end of a battle to see how much damage you've done. If you died early on and still wanted to see whether you've made any impact, waiting for the end of the match was a little annoying.
  • I really like that you can see how many spot assists, kills, kill assists, etc. you have contributed. Before, you had to know how much CBills you get for each and then calculate the actual kills, etc.
  • I really like that you can see immediatly in the opening screen which Mech types your team has.
  • I like that the cause of death is now listed, though I have to see how helpful this can be. Still, nice info.
I had to smirk a little when I saw that you've included how much more CBills and XP I would have earned if I had premium time. ;-) But, why not. This makes the game a little more transparent as well.

#147 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

• Scoreboard screen: Once an enemy has been spotted, include his mech under the "Mech" row. It only makes sense, because mechs don't change while playing the same round. ECM can block being able to see the variant though.

#148 Madkp

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Death screen is gratuitous.

Animation for tab view of scoreboard is gratuitous.

New end of round scoreboard is acceptable, the delay to see it is annoying though.

#149 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Just a small point about use of "End of Round" screen.
"Team Stats" and "Player Stats" headers not obvious that can be selected and switched between, no note on use in Patch notes.

#150 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

I like the new before and after screens. The before screen could stand to be up a little longer. Its a bit of a mad dash to try too see who's running what b4 the battle starts.

The fade in/out doesnt really reflect me because I'm frankly not of a skill level where that split second is really robbing me of anything.

I may have lost it, but did the layout of damage/assist/kill/exp get dropped? I now there's the page 2 report that shows mine, but I like to be able to see how I fared in comparison to my teammates. Again, if its there and I have just lost it, I'm sure I'll find it.

Overall, great job. I also really like how the camera stays with my smooshed mech until I choose to spec or leave.

The chat being up during the stat page is cool too for constructive post-fight AAR.

Now all we need is a scan-bot that will kick/1-hour-ban anyone that types the words FAIL, NOOB, or profanity into chat. lol
That would really be awesome, as the one thing that always seems to degrade the enjoyment of this game over time for me is the lack of sportsmanship and accountability.

But hey, we're still in Beta. :D

#151 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

• End of round: Remove the "...disconnected" messaged and have a Small icon next to players names show if they are still with us. That way the flood of "...disconnected" messages doesn't mess up the chatting experience.
  • End of round: 6 lines insnt alot of room for chatting, especially when there isnt a working scroll option. The "...disconnected" messages taking up precious lines dont help either. Make it bigger (8-10 lines) and make it scrollable.

Edited by Chavette, 07 February 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#152 DreyfussFrost

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

My thoughts on the ideal scoreboard UI:
  • Holding tab makes scoreboard appear instantly, no delay or animation. Releasing tab hides scoreboard. Other controls work as normal while tab is held.
  • Place a bright border or background behind the player's own row on the scoreboard and place it at the top. Do both, the highlight will still help draw focus faster even if the player knows to look at the top. The player's team should always be on top on all UI screens.
  • Players you drop with are colored green on the UI, PUGs are amber. Add the ability to change these colors in the options, or at bare minimum, a colorblind mode that uses current colors. For those of us that can distinguish red/green/amber, the blue is a very fuzzy, indistinct color that blends into too much of the environment and doesn't draw attention. Remember, the human eye tends to give priority to higher wavelength light. There is a reason traffic signs are colored the way they are.
  • Remaining alive and connected players should always be present on the UI. Replace the kill and resource scores with the number of alive and connected players. This kind of change won't take current players long to adapt to, the idea of reducing the enemy's number to 0 is easy to understand. Add a new UI element to display resource scores in conquest so that the player counter UI is consistent in all modes.
  • I don't see many mentioning this, but "Alive" should not be a status. The status of a living and connected player should be their general armor percentage. Color the text based on value with the same colors you use in the armor display. This will give a much better idea of your team's status in game, and a better idea how close a match was post-game. "Disconnected" should be a status (EDIT: when a player has disconnected before death or end of game), color it grey.
  • The map displayed pre/post-game should be exactly the same as the battlegrid map.
  • Just get rid of kill count. Damage done is a better performance indicator. Kill count is meaningless, a light can do sub-100 damage and have multiple kills by getting the last hits in. This inaccuracy tends to cause extremes in players' self image. 0 kills feels terrible, while 3+ kills can go to a person's head. Considering lights can and often do deal more damage than assaults, I think damage done is a fair performance metric.
  • Prepare the UI's backend for team logo support in the future.
  • Add more information to the death recap. "Damaged by" is vague and doesn't say much more than you already know. My recommendation is "[Time before death] X damage to part from player's weapon" Example: "[-0:02] 6 damage to rear center torso from Kerensky's Large Laser" Players who don't care don't care, they already ignore the simplified death recap. Players who do care want to know exactly what happened.
  • I would like to see accuracy as a stat on the player stats screen. Weapons that fire multiple projectiles should sum all the projectiles to 1 (SRM6 missiles each count for 0.16666, the volley counts as one when dividing). An accuracy report is a good motivator to improve, but it doesn't need to be public.
  • Oh yeah, and MAKE THE END OF GAME SCREEN APPEAR SOONER. I feel like my time is being wasted at the end of matches now.
  • EDIT: Oh yeah #2, change players' names to the disconnected color (grey) when they leave after they have died or the game has ended, but leave their status the same. Only display the "Disconnected" status if they disconnect while alive, before the game is resolved. Remove the disconnect messages from chat.
Like if you agree! Likes draw dev attention.

EDIT #2: Oh great, last post on the page. Awesome. :[

Edited by TheBaron, 08 February 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#153 Leguvan

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

The time it takes to go from victory condition to post match screen is too long. Staring at dead mech for way too long.

Side note, seems like the amount of time it takes for your mech to go from in game to ready after a match was increased, which is annoying.

#154 thoriumwolf

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

your name is not highlighted any more when the mach ends or when you press tab that would make it easer to see my score

#155 SJ MetalDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pirate
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

How much time did you waste doing that ... when you could of been fixing somethink that needed fixing.... this patch was a massive disapointment ...and the red and blue used for targets just wrong old one where much better .... lets map a Propper set of New Maps not just different condition of weather or time of day :)

#156 sh4rpedge

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

- Too long time between match ending and scoreboard appearing
- Chat in beginning before start isn't that helpful, My guess is that you implemented it so that people can strategise before match, but there is no time before startup of mech and that chat dissapears.
- Is it just me or since Feb 5 -patch, the time it takes the mech from beeing "IN GAME" to be choosable after a match has been prolonged?

#157 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

View PostThontor, on 07 February 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

underlined.. implies multiple screens, with tabs to switch between.. like "tabbed browsing"

Underlined? Can not see that on this screen.

Unlike "All" and "Team" buttons not obvious you can switch between "Team Stats" and "Player Stats", maybe an icon or change shape of box/tab?
Also new ELO system should this also be displayed here?

Posted Image

BTW sorry about chat text (Needed to show buttons), but seems they did not like our team using tactics (divide and conquer using comms). And sending back a commando to deal with me did not work.

Edited by Lupin, 08 February 2013 - 02:35 AM.

#158 Vyviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 458 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

Its nice but it needs to be way more detailed and avaliable in the garage.

Most of the time if I die I leave the game and go to the next one so I dont get to see if I won or what score I got.

#159 - - - - MADMAN - - - -

• Pip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

I like the new beginning and end of round screens however i would make two suggestions.
1) please put back the kills count during game play. its nice to see it
2) the end game. when the last mech dies it takes quite some time for the final screen to come up. if that can be sped up that would be great. also the tab for your own cbill and xp values. can it simply show you the final numbers? a rolling tally is unnecessary.

what happens with the delays above is that anyone who's finished reading the screen who leave the game has their mech locked in the game until everyone in that game is finished reading their scores.
so if anything over and above all the above is there any way to release the mechs from the matches faster? my mech really should still say "in game" when i've left the game, have gone for a coffee, etc etc.
It really slows down game play.

#160 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

It looks pretty nice but feels clunky due to the tabs. I want to know how much xp and cbills I earned without having to go to another tab but it is nice to have the breakdown in the earnings tab.

In game score board should give numbers of kills but also when you have spotted an enemy and gotten their type that should pop up on the score board as well.

Oh, and the match score is WAAY too dependent on damage done

Edited by Inveramsay, 08 February 2013 - 05:49 AM.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users