End Of Round / Death / Scoreboard Screen

v1.2.182

181 replies to this topic

#161 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Its great, massive improvement, only thing is, as someone already mentioned, it is harder to spot yourself on the scoreboard in game so maybe highlight the players name so can be spotted with quick glance and bring back the kill/assist count.

#162 rjam

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Some suggestions to make the new screens more useful/usable:

1. Drop preparation: The ESC key can go to this screen instead of the "leave match/exit game". You can just add those two buttons somewhere, like on the bottom corners. Of course when the round is in progress, it's no longer the "Drop Preparation" screen, so you can change the title to something like "MATCH IN PROGRESS". This way when I press ESC, I'll be at the lobby-of-sorts of the current match.

2. Scoreboard: Since this screen is usually accessed in the middle of a match to QUICKLY identify which of my teammates are still alive, it might be easier to do if the names of the dead ones are grayed-out, in addition to (or in place of) the DEAD status.

3. Death screen: The recap of the most recent events that lead to the cause of death is nice, but a quick video replay (from different cameras) would be nicer. It would be like those slow-mo replay of football injuries, so it's something that people would be more familiar with.

Edited by rjam, 08 February 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#163 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostLeguvan, on 07 February 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Side note, seems like the amount of time it takes for your mech to go from in game to ready after a match was increased, which is annoying.

This comes up a lot, and has been around a long time. Here's "why" that happens:

When the match ends, the server does not process the mechs locked for a match until every player has left the match. Basically, the server considers the match still in progress until such time as the automatic end of match timer kicks people out, or until every player clicks "disconnect" by hand.

Yes, that needs to change. As soon as the victory conditions are met, all mechs in that match need to be processed and released.

#164 Corruptor

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

The blue color of friendly units are hardy readable and of spotting teammates on minimap. The yellow color before was much better to notice. It's enough when enemys have read color.
Overall the new Scoreboard and teamscreen before match is an improvement.

#165 Elder Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

i just came to think about it:

how many people asked for an after match chat and how many are actually chatting?

#166 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Why o why after all this time have you STILL not fixed the in game chat?!?! Seriously, that is an issue that should be simple to fix. You start chatting in the start up window, only to have the start up animation begin and guess what....your chat is now gone. Go in spectator mode, if you start typing and the meck your watching dies....all chat is gone....cmon devs. This is not a game-changer here but it is mightily annoying to say the least.

#167 Kaotick

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Most of the stuff I would have posted has been mentioned. New look is good ... don't like the extra wait times.

The beginning animation looks great but gets old.

It would be nice to have the option to exclude maps from the search... like when the same map keeps coming up over and over again.

Edited by Kaotick, 09 February 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#168 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Player Stat screen lacks information alive/dead.

#169 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Just wanted to post some feedback on the match score. We don't know how match score will be used yet so I'm not particularly concerned but I wanted to make some comments about how it's calculated.

Here's the end of round screen from a match I just played:

Posted Image

Each of my kills were solo efforts against undamaged or almost undamaged mechs. The first kill was an undamaged Cicada I caught napping. Two alphas to the rear and it was dead. The second kill was a Commando. It died after a single alpha to the chest. Don't know if it was damaged or whether I got an ammo explosion. The third kill was an undamaged Ilya Muromets which took a bit more work than the first two. My only other contributions to the match was tagging a K2 with a single AC/20 round and I was responsible for most of my team's capping.

I think that three solo or near solo kills, one assist and the bulk of my team's capping deserves a match score higher than sixth. It's clear that the match score is based almost entirely on the amount of damage I inflicted which is not a good indicator of personal performance. It also disadvantages scouts.

#170 OvenRude

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

Dude, you did 150 damage.....no offense but that seems like 6th place effort right there.

#171 TheJs

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

I think the UI is great. Only a few minor things to touch up(as a lot of people already suggested):
-The backspace should be able to be held down for ease of deleting text
-It would be very convenient to be able to press TAB to check the scoreboard/kill-death info after you died without having to go into spectate mode. That way players can check how their team is doing before deciding to spectate the remainder of the match

Extra suggestions:
-Would also be great to be able to stay and chat for as long as you like after the game.Plus, have easy ways to add people as friend or add them to your group in the end game screen. 'Oh, that team mate did very well, I would like to play with him again*click 'add as friend'*' Instead of memorizing names and what not.

#172 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostOvenRude, on 10 February 2013 - 04:20 AM, said:

Dude, you did 150 damage.....no offense but that seems like 6th place effort right there.

/headdesk

#173 ICUBurn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Hey Anyone find the similaritys from my post here http://mwomercs.com/...51#entry1454751 from back in november? makes me think they may have actualy taken notice of it.

Edited by ICUBurn, 10 February 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#174 OvenRude

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostWizard Steve, on 10 February 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

/headdesk

While I agree that kills should be given more weight, you have to understand that the system they implement has to run on numbers, and it doesn't take much damage to bring down a cicada or commando. The game can' analyze your tactical prowess, so being the Sun Tzu of the battlefield isn't going to pay off in terms of leaderboards unless you can translate that into damage and lots of it. I'm sure they will give a bit more weight to kills / assists in the future, but until then, focus on damage if you want to top the charts.

#175 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Oh I don't want to top the charts. It's just ironic that the guys that do huge damage but can't kill squat are gonna be competing against each other in the pro leagues and those of us that can efficiently kiil our opponents are going to be slugging it out in the peewee leagues.

At the end of the day, we'll be matched against equal opponents but the poor guys that really suck and do my damage without actually having an effect on the game are gonna really suffer ;)

#176 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

If this has been mentioned before, I second it. If not ...

I'm usually the last person to join the match (God knows why, I sure don't). The pre-match screen flashes up briefly and the start up animation begins and I can't do jack but watch it for the umpteenth time doing nothing. I love the animation, everyone who sees it thinks it is pretty damn cool but seriously, from a tactical standpoint, could I please be able to:-

1. hit Tab to see the pre match screen instead of wasting 5 seconds doing so after the match starts?
2. scroll chat to see what tactical discussions took place before I got into the match?

As far as the post match screen is concerned, I concur it takes a lot more attention to grasp the details. Maybe we just need more time to get used to it. Right now, I just screenshot both tabs and review it later cause I don't want to make people wait more than necessary for their mechs to be released.

Edit: Also, I find it hard to understand the battle log. Some of the descriptions make no sense "Damaged by Fall Damage" when I don't remember falling and was a relatively flat ground, killed by "Ammo Explosion" instead of player X. Would it be possible to have a more detailed log accessible somehow?

Edited by p4r4g0n, 11 February 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#177 SJ MetalDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pirate
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

was there anythink that the old one Did'nt do better or more clearley

#178 BloodyDziq

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

the old in-game score board was much better, simple and clean, you should return to that and sort mechs by or weight class

#179 Manei Domini Krigg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Im think total statistics must be out of game - stats in forum somewhere. Dont waste time when we play for fun.Fight, quick reload and fight again.

When we come to forums will be good to see full statistics (over we have now):
-win/lose/kill/death/assist/accourati for all time;
-win/lose/kill/death/assist/accourati for a ransom mech;
-damage/accourati fon a ransom weapons for all/ransom mechs in hend/torso slots;
-world player rank/stats.

P.S.: sorry for my bad english.

#180 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

The only tweak that really needs to be made is to remove the fade-in when you hit Tab to see the scoreboard during combat. Stuff as important as that should never have any "visual lagtime". Prior to the patch, the scoreboard was just fine for the most part.

Mind you, I like the changes, but that tweak is important.. I'm pretty sure most games have the Tabbed scoreboard shown at instant or near instant speeds.

Edited by Deathlike, 15 February 2013 - 07:27 AM.

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users