71 replies to this topic

#41 8RoundsRapid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 301 posts
  • Locationupriver

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

View Posttvaughanx, on 05 February 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

It is constructive i told them to practice simple business ethics the terms are just that terms......... still their is a ethical code you should use when doing business. you know what is not productive? your legendary founders going around sifting through threads pampering theses dev's ego's an poor decisions. The changes were ok but the way they did was shady an its a way to lose customers period.

I'm not psychic, but I think this guy's opinion is not popular and will get flamed.

But I agree with him. It is shady. I might not think that way if they hadn't already done a couple things I thought were either a little on the shady side or downright scams.

Not gonna defend this position too strongly, if at all, but... don't just dismiss this opinion out of hand.

That is all.

#42 LoneSheep

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts
  • LocationVape Nation

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

I don't know if its a result of the new patch or not, but I am experiencing a bug with the faction display on the home page of the launcher, but other than that, I can dig the new patch.

#43 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

how do we check our ELO

#44 Enervation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 161 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

My faction icon changed.

I would like you to think on how insignificant that issue is
think about it
before i tell you that i couldnt que up for a match as a free worlds leaguer. i dont want purple wings! i want my crazy, bearded-git-who-drew-this-was-drunk-on-mead scribble dragon when i launch into a map.
this issue isnt even new, its been around for a while. however it did make the game unplayable, because i could not bring myself to que up.
so my oppinion of patch is this: looking at the patch notes, sounds great. unable to actually play due to minor graphical issues, will try again in a few days.

#45 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Posttvaughanx, on 05 February 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Absolutely no reason what so ever to spend any more money on this game. Also no matter what you say no matter how you word it refunding MC with out people asking changing or altering purchased goods is very bad business practice an quite frankly i find it unscrupulous an dangerous. Its not ethical to force a unwanted refund on a customer it is very bad business practice my time is worth something you know. If you want people to spend money on this game stop being so greedy an release some content we don't have to pay $ for like some maps. This game has had no new maps released since it went open beta adding snow an turned the lights off does not count as a new map. I can't support this flagrant misuse of power or shear disrespect for the community or for proper business ethics.

I'm a little confused, it would be a somewhat unethical practice if they changed the pricing scheme and didn't refund your money. They made it clear that the game was in beta and changes would be made. My guess is that your previous paint schemes happened to be cheaper than the current ones? At least now the colors are permanent. You may have been unlucky but many people have actually saved money with the change so I would hardly consider it unethical (a company doesn't have to satisfy all of their customers to be ethical). I'm not sure where the money for maps came from, but I guess you are simply upset about the lack of maps? They are working on it, if your fear is that they are somehow delaying maps so they can charge for them you are mistaken.

I rather enjoyed the patch. I like the color unlocks, the pricing structure for unlocking camo for mechs seems a bit strange. It really only seems to make sense if you have 11 hunchbacks or something or if you constantly swap your camo patterns, but the price for a single time use is much less so I'm fine with it (it actually saves me money). I also enjoyed the changes to JJ. The game runs a bit smoother for me and the new startup screen is nice. Personally I have no complaints, look forward to the 19ths patch.

#46 Dakkath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Merged topics.

#47 AimRobot

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Game has frozen 3 times tonight after patch.
Havent found the problem yet.

#48 Drenzul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

View Posttvaughanx, on 05 February 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

It is constructive i told them to practice simple business ethics the terms are just that terms......... still their is a ethical code you should use when doing business. you know what is not productive? your legendary founders going around sifting through threads pampering theses dev's ego's an poor decisions. The changes were ok but the way they did was shady an its a way to lose customers period.

Its not 'simple business ethics' its kow-towing to self-entitled morons.

If they weren't allowed to do this they would NEVER be able balance the game which is just stupid!

They made it VERY clear any item purchased may change.

Name ONE MMORPG/MMOFPS game that doesn't do this and have the same provision in it's terms of service?

#49 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

That had to be the roughest ride I've had in a while. Where did all the aces come from? Seriously that was a brutal ash kicking most of the night. It was refreshing! Missiles were flying, PPCs were lashing Lasers Whipping. My goodness that is what a furball is supposed to be like! Pretty Baby was a surprise great Mech. Now that she is a Thug named Snowflake! All in all I am actually exhausted.

The launch screen/end screen improvements are in fact quite well polished.

I had one issue, when I dies and went into specMode I got the Betty reactor speech. with each switch. Might wanna look at that gang.
:(
Good Patch guys. I did not crash once (though I did almost) so good stability. SOme complaints from players being swallowed by the map. I did not see it so I can't say.

#50 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Great Patch. Way to go art team, you did good.

Way to go weapons balance, my ERPPCs are back in action.

Way to go on performance, getting 'playable' FPS on a crappy laptop(17FPS average).

#51 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

View PostBleary, on 05 February 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

What, refunding MC for colors and camo?

The system needed to be changed. No one was happy about paying for colors every time they were applied. Everyone (I would hope) understands that if they allow us to purchase a color for every 'Mech we ever own, it's going to cost more than what they were charging for a one-time application. One can dispute how much more it should cost, but it can't cost the same.

Given A: the system needed to change, and B: if the system changed, the prices had to as well . . .how else were they supposed to do it? Refunding existing color and camo purchases were the only real option. And I don't think anyone really expected otherwise.

I done care about any of what your saying i payed for something don't touch it unless i tell you to end of story. Oh they could have just changed it an left my stuff alone. Im still gonna play the game but thats the line on payed content for me sorry.

#52 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

View PostDrenzul, on 05 February 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Its not 'simple business ethics' its kow-towing to self-entitled morons.

If they weren't allowed to do this they would NEVER be able balance the game which is just stupid!

They made it VERY clear any item purchased may change.

Name ONE MMORPG/MMOFPS game that doesn't do this and have the same provision in it's terms of service?

Change? Oh refunding an striping players of content they payed for is wrong no matter what little insults you make its like best-buy showing up at my house taking my 55in replacing it with a 52in an leaving a note that if i bring it back with 100$ i can get the tv i originally payed for. Now im bring a little harsh i will probably get more premium an i will definitely keep playing but it ****** me off to no end when payed content is changed. Yes i am entitled to a final purchase yes i am entitled to control of purchased items.

Edited by tvaughanx, 06 February 2013 - 05:56 AM.

#53 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostSteven Dixon, on 05 February 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

I'm a little confused, it would be a somewhat unethical practice if they changed the pricing scheme and didn't refund your money. They made it clear that the game was in beta and changes would be made. My guess is that your previous paint schemes happened to be cheaper than the current ones? At least now the colors are permanent. You may have been unlucky but many people have actually saved money with the change so I would hardly consider it unethical (a company doesn't have to satisfy all of their customers to be ethical). I'm not sure where the money for maps came from, but I guess you are simply upset about the lack of maps? They are working on it, if your fear is that they are somehow delaying maps so they can charge for them you are mistaken.

I rather enjoyed the patch. I like the color unlocks, the pricing structure for unlocking camo for mechs seems a bit strange. It really only seems to make sense if you have 11 hunchbacks or something or if you constantly swap your camo patterns, but the price for a single time use is much less so I'm fine with it (it actually saves me money). I also enjoyed the changes to JJ. The game runs a bit smoother for me and the new startup screen is nice. Personally I have no complaints, look forward to the 19ths patch.
your right i need to chill but im gonna have to wait till its final to buy anything else because any further changes to payed content i just don't want to rage an when my money is altered in any way or form im ready to go ballistic money is hard to come by these days all im saying. Ohh the patch was great the new menus are awesome to balance is great that all i got.

Edited by tvaughanx, 06 February 2013 - 03:56 AM.

#54 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

View Posttvaughanx, on 05 February 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Absolutely no reason what so ever to spend any more money on this game.

What irks me the most about this patch is adding of another premium mech that cost cash but no new map. Why should I spend cash? I see no reason at all.

#55 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

View Posttvaughanx, on 06 February 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

Change? Oh refunding an striping players of content they payed for is wrong no matter what little insults you make its like best-buy showing up at my house taking my 55in replacing it with a 52in an leaving a note that if i bring it back with 100$ i can get the tv i originally payed for. Now im bring a little harsh i will probably get more premium an i will definitely keep playing but it pissed me to no end when payed content is changed. Yes i am entitled to a final purchase yes i am entitled to control of purchased items. Dont be a fanboy kk

Look on the bright side...at least someone liked your post! Oh no wait, that was you.

On a "side" note; the patch was great and i am very much looking forward to future quality patches!

Edited by Kushko, 06 February 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#56 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostCmdrPoopyPants, on 05 February 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

I guess I'm the only one that has gripes.. too long a pause after the match before stats show up (and massive drag on the GPU during that time, for some unknown reason since almost nothing is happening).. no more showing money on the end of match screen.. no more highlighting you in the list so you can see where you fall at a glance.. seems the 100 min xp for a loss is gone (I just got 21 points for a match).. every time you switch mechs in spectator mode you hear the start up sequence.. and now my directional indicators in the HUD broke for my last match.

Nope,
As far as I see the match screen is splitted in 'Team Stats' and 'Player Stats' (in a second tab).
Here you can see your earned xp and cbills.
I played a few times and received even in defeat at least 100xp.
The 21 mentioned by you are the 'game points# to rank you in the team, not your xp.

#57 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

View PostKushko, on 06 February 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

On a "side" note; the patch was great and i am very much looking forward to future quality patches!

"quality patches" with new content? Yeah I am very much looking forward to that too. I take it for granted that the next one will have a new map so that will be a "quality patch".

#58 bloodnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Locationwarrington Cheshire UK

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

I have had some missing textures at long range and im not playing on lower setting i'm on medium setting with some higher for smoothness and a lot of screen tearing.

but nothing to annoying

Edited by bloodnor, 06 February 2013 - 04:37 AM.

#59 Foksuh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

All right, after having done a fresh new install of the game, I haven't frozen in-game so far, and all the textures seem to be loading up also, so the game is playable again.

What is it in the patch-process that screws things up? Is it the shader-cache or what?

#60 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

Went from running graphics in Low to High.. (holy crap it's beautiful... and I'm not even up to very high yet)
Outfitted all my mechs in "uniform" for virtually nothing.
PPCs and LPLs are everywhere (including on my mechs)

Patch was horrible for me too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users