71 replies to this topic

#61 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

No change in performance for me, but I started to have freezing issues, about the same ratio as I was having memory leaks in the past. Didn't tried Alt + Tab though.

:( :blink:

#62 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

View Posttvaughanx, on 06 February 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

Change? Oh refunding an striping players of content they payed for is wrong no matter what little insults you make its like best-buy showing up at my house taking my 55in replacing it with a 52in an leaving a note that if i bring it back with 100$ i can get the tv i originally payed for. Now im bring a little harsh i will probably get more premium an i will definitely keep playing but it pissed me to no end when payed content is changed. Yes i am entitled to a final purchase yes i am entitled to control of purchased items. Dont be a fanboy kk

Yup Change. They gave me back every MC and a big chunk of C-bills to refund me for my paints purchased. With that i was able to unlock Forest and Tiger camo on my 4 mechs, unlock the Murphy's Law colors, Purchase Pretty Baby (yeah... I know. I named her Snowflake! :blink: ) And still have MC left for what ever.

You just cannot make everyone happy. And for your example, it would be like BB taking every TV out of your house, giving you a bunch of 40" TVs & Paying you top dollar for the TVs they took no matter how old, then announcing a 50% off sale on 90" Flat screen, Plasma, High Def, internet surfing, Smart TVs. Which you can buy 3 of and have money left over for a nice romantic dinner with your Amore :) ... Valentine's Day IS right around the corner you know. :(

As for the patch, it was good. Betty reciting teh start up sequence every time I change spectators is a bug I reported, and having no weapons data for a Mech I targeted was also reported. Small price to pay for teh fixes I experienced yesterday.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 February 2013 - 05:07 AM.

#63 ElliottTarson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSomewhere close enough, but far enough away.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

View Posttvaughanx, on 06 February 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

I done care about any of what your saying i payed for something don't touch it unless i tell you to end of story. Oh they could have just changed it an left my stuff alone. Im still gonna play the game but thats the line on payed content for me sorry.

You really need to go to school, take a class in economics, and then come back and discuss your previous posts. They're quite laughable, really.

You paid for something that IS NOT FINISHED. You were told, BEFORE PAYING, that changes and refunds may occur. Go re-read the TOS genius.

On topic: Much improved FPS and stability, not a single crash. Color changes are nice, Single Use for mechs that I won't edit again is VERY nice, and the weapon changes finally make my 4ERPPC K2 viable. YAY!

Edited by ElliottTarson, 06 February 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#64 Cromwill

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

View Postbonapartist1, on 05 February 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

I'm appalled nothing has been done about the rampaging ECM+SSRM equipped Commando and Raven.

I felt like this lately as well BUT last night with the heat reduction to Large Pulse lasers I found myself able to quickly tear the legs off lights.

#65 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostElliottTarson, on 06 February 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

You really need to go to school, take a class in economics, and then come back and discuss your previous posts. They're quite laughable, really.

You paid for something that IS NOT FINISHED. You were told, BEFORE PAYING, that changes and refunds may occur. Go re-read the TOS genius.

On topic: Much improved FPS and stability, not a single crash. Color changes are nice, Single Use for mechs that I won't edit again is VERY nice, and the weapon changes finally make my 4ERPPC K2 viable. YAY!
lol tou.... Vs the law their is law on digital goods. General economics for business ethics an standard practices that have been used for hundreds of years. Also you would want me to go to school for digital use law not economics lol. Once again its a great patch good changes an cool stuff just don't care for ppl playing with my money.

Edited by tvaughanx, 06 February 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#66 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

Ok i have been raging on this forum but let me actually explain my dilemma i had a atlas painted with the phrankin 1000mc 2x obsidian an titanium white for a total of 1750mc i believe. now even with the single use the paint job it cost 3000mc so that is why im rage but i get it on all my atlas's to bad i only wanted that paint for that atlas....... I still love this game an will still play an have fun im just PO'ed

Edited by tvaughanx, 06 February 2013 - 06:20 AM.

#67 ElliottTarson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSomewhere close enough, but far enough away.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

View Posttvaughanx, on 06 February 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

lol tou.... Vs the law their is law on digital goods. General economics for business ethics an standard practices that have been used for hundreds of years. Also you would want me to go to school for digital use law not economics lol. Once again its a great patch good changes an cool stuff just don't care for ppl playing with my money.

It ceased being YOUR money when you exchanged it for virtual currency. This purchase was made under the TOS, which you agreed to by signing up for an account. You own the virtual currency, which falls completely under the TOS...

How does that not make sense?

ETA: Noone messed with your virtual currency either way. You were given it back, and then allowed to purchase MORE with that virtual currency than you could have before...

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1850485
Sums it up nicely.

Edited by ElliottTarson, 06 February 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#68 T Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Patch is great, performance went up by a lot for me and that alone is satisfying enough. Game seems to receive a lot of polish and I like that.

There is some things I still don't like however:

1. Still not nearly enough maps to make this game interesting for more than 20 minute sessions.
2. Game is still too MC-heavy and the content that costs MC is overpriced.
3. The missing textures bug on that snow map still isn't fixed.
4. Economy is still "meh", because it makes you play for days if you want to try out new stuff
5. Game feels pointless as there is no planet capture, no faction wars, no ranking stuff etc...
6. Needs more mechs

#69 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostElliottTarson, on 06 February 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

It ceased being YOUR money when you exchanged it for virtual currency. This purchase was made under the TOS, which you agreed to by signing up for an account. You own the virtual currency, which falls completely under the TOS...

How does that not make sense?

ETA: Noone messed with your virtual currency either way. You were given it back, and then allowed to purchase MORE with that virtual currency than you could have before...

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1850485
Sums it up nicely.
why don't you keep ur opinions to your self i don't agree with you my post was about how i feel i dont need your input this is about my reaction an my opinion an guess what dude tos tou an eula is not consumer law.

#70 kalami

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

Best patch ive seen! I love it.

I do agree with the people peeved about the MC refund though; yes they got it back, but it's just not a good precedent to set.

Ive seen a lot more base rushes in this patch for some reason or is it just me? I really enjoy the chat screens and I can now finally see that they do have a modern and crisp theme in the works; looking at the mechlab and in game screens before this patch had me worried.

Only Hero mech I am waiting for is a Hunchback.

#71 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

I generally like most of the changes in this patch.
For me my first impressions after patch were this.

1. brightness and contrast sliders still do not work in options
2. I dont like the friend icon colour blue now on the map too close to the background colour and hence is hard to see.
3. the <tab> details screen has too much info and takes 3/4 of a second to come up it draws it up in layers and is much prettier but you cant just hit tab for a quick glimpse, unlike the old tab screen which was instant when you hit tab as it was simpler and no graphical elements. More info is good. but too much is bad as it takes longer to find what you are looking for and hence taking you out of the battle for longer

Keep up the good work. The game is generally improving well. I'm patient unlike many.

#72 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

I must say my rage has been calmed offering 50% off renews my trust in this company an i will be back with my wallet. Good patch guys keep it up. Sorry but i go AC20 lv ballistic when my money is effected but you did right by me.

Edited by tvaughanx, 07 February 2013 - 02:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users