Did The Old Ingame Teams Screen Allow You To Move Still?

1 reply to this topic

#1 DogmeatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Maybe I'm going space crazy but didn't the old ingame TAB screen i.e. team status allow you to still control your mech? At least with the WASD keys maybe even look around?

The new ingame one simply locks all your controls so you can't manouevre and look at it at the same time.

In any case I think it would be a good idea to allow you to still at least manouevre your mech when looking at this screen.

On a personal note I prefered the original side by side depiction of the teams, instead of the new above/below one, plus the original one was quicker to take in in a glance/check scores etc.

There should also be an option to have this screen flick on/off instantly instead of the slight phasing in/out - it's just added cosmetic fluff which delays things and can be slightly distracting too.

I'm not against cosmetic fluff but it would be nice to be able to toggle things like that off, or allow option to go back to more simpler/bare bones version...

Edited by DogmeatX, 07 February 2013 - 02:02 AM.

#2 Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

Yes.

Way back in early closed beta it didn't allow you to control your mech while you had it up. Some people complained (myself included), and they eventually fixed it so you could control your mech while it was up.

They seem to have regressed in that regard with the new scoreboard. I've already put a request in the suggestion forum for that fix. Please feel free to go bump it to show them more people care about it. :)

(I also want to get rid of the flickering so I can bring up the screen faster)

Edited by Kobold, 07 February 2013 - 02:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users