Auto Minimizing?

17 replies to this topic

#1 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

i had this problem before and got rid of bing bar which fixed it, but after the new update its started again bing bar is gone, i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if they know any fixes to it?

#2 CmdrPoopyPants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

not having that problem.

Though, I don't like not having my line highlighted after a match, and the delay before the stat screen is way too long. But that's not something any of us can do anything about.

#3 Krellek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGlendora, CA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Do you have more details beyond the game minimizing to DT?

What mode do you play in? Is the resolution appropriate or did it default to something?

#4 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

as far as what mode do you mean? as admin? and im running it on 1280x768 it doesnt default to anything.. its weird too as im typing this sometimes google chrome gets deselected

#5 Krellek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGlendora, CA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Windowed mode, full screen etc.

#6 Krellek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGlendora, CA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Well without being in front of the pc I can't really help you beyond telling you to go through the basics. It could be a hundred different things and depending on the OS, getting to the solution may be different.

At what point is the game minimizing? Always during a load in? Is it random?

Is windows looking to update in the background? For that matter, is anti-virus active?

Is your video resolution at desktop the same resolution in game?

Are you accidentally hitting a windows key? Have you disabled your window key?

#7 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

im playing full screen, and its not the windows and its completely random but almost every load in than on avg bout 5 or 6 more times during the match.. i have my windows updates disabled as the latest update kept doing this same thing to me before, anti-virus is not active and no my video resolution on desktop is 1920x1080

#8 armyof1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Maybe a silly point, but do you at any time use Alt and Tab together in-game? Since that is the shortcut to minimize window.

#9 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

i havent today while in game but yesterday i was doing so in game responding to steam msg's, im going to run planetside 2 see if it does it in ps2

#10 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

well i just did a few runs in a lightning in ps2 and it was fine no auto minimizing just seems to be MWO

#11 Krellek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGlendora, CA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Double check your key setup in the options. You may be hitting something or a combination of something without realizing it performs (insert function here).

#12 Asmudius Heng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

I have also been getting this a lot and have no idea what the problem is. Its usually one every game or second game or so which means it has not been irritating me enough to complain but its an issue for some including me.

Also yes i went through the typical things such as alt tab etc.

I will test next time with thing open in the background and as many processes shut off as i can to run MWO

I am nearl always on TS3 though so i hope its not a damned conflict with that!

#13 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

after i jumped back to MWO from ps2 it hasnt done it since.. its very strange, my key setups are at default and im pretty sure im not alt tabbing or hitting the windows key, i guess ill see what happens.

#14 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

well after ps2 last night i ran everything without any problems, turned pc back on today ran a match of mwo and it minimized to desktop 7 times.. in one match.. brand new computer.. thats bout to go through a friggin window.

#15 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

On occasion, when playing windowed mode, the OS will detect the cursor is out of the window (game is letting go of exclusive cursor control for unknown reasons) and when I press a mouse button the OS selects another app. This usually mid-brawl because that's when I'm moving my mouse around the most and clicking the most frequently.

#16 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

well i dont play in windowed mode, but i found the solution to why it was doing it for me, i use a TP-LINK usb wireless adapter and apparently other people who use tp-link had the same problem i uninstalled the program which handles connecting to the internet that was provided with it as i can still use it to get onto my internet, and BAM auto minimizing no more.. which is good saved my computers life as my temper couldnt take another minimize in the middle of circling around a cplt in my cicada..

#17 Krellek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGlendora, CA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Cheers, glad you figured it out.

#18 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother