Hgn-733C Mid-Range/brawler Build

13 replies to this topic

#1 Discojaddi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

Working on rebuilding my HGN-733C and wanted some input. Here's what I've got sofar-

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6e1c5de51944137

The idea here is I want to make a brawler, but I don't want to go to the classic 733C "all of my weapons have an effective range of 280 or less",(ac20, ml, srms) because as a solo player, far to often I find myself stuck in games where neither team wants to do anything but poke-n-shoot, and would like some range to at least have token participation. If you have any other build suggestions that fit that criteria, or can find a good way to bump that AC10 to an AC20 without cutting the srms, 2LL's, or STD engine I would love to see it

#2 Tormund

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNorth of The Wall

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:30 AM

I think the only way to use AC/20 on that thing and still have other forms of reasonable firepower is to ditch that Ferro Fibrous. Haven't been playing that long myself but I've found it a general rule that heavies and assaults prefer standard armor because it gives more slots. If you wanna go range, that FF won't make an awful lot of difference. Maybe up your missile department. I've seen people recommend a triple LRM5 on the 33C.

Your call, and there's definitely more experienced advice out there than mine, but first guess - ditch FF armor, and either switch up for pulse + more heatsinks, or go for LRMs if that suits you more. It's a pretty versatile mech.

#3 Discojaddi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

Yeah, Definitely would have to ditch the FF to make just about anything else work, but for the moment, the FF was the only way for me to make the weight for an AC10 AND 2LLs AND 3 SRM4s and keep a STD 325. If I were sticking to a brawler build, I would probably not Swap SRMs for LRMs because I can't use the LRMs at point-blank.

Edited by Dragonfodder, 28 July 2015 - 09:57 AM.

#4 Tormund

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNorth of The Wall

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

I started a topic that should be just below this one and there's some good build suggestions there. There's also a Highlander build thread some way below started by KeishiRaito. There's plenty of 33C builds there.

Edited by Tormund, 28 July 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#5 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:27 AM

I've modified your build to fit your requirements: HGN-733C

Slower engine but still goes above 60 kph because of the +5% speed quirk.

#6 Discojaddi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

update- I burnt the cbills to build the highlander from my original post. There is potential there, but it runs deceptively hot, especially in a brawling situation. Will probably re-build to fit Hit the Deck's suggestion to see if the extra 3 sinks make the difference. If that doesn't work out either, I'm probably gonna throw a hissy-fit and just re-tool the whole thing for long range fighting.

Edited by Dragonfodder, 29 July 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#7 D34DMetal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin a Mad Cat duh...

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:52 AM

Putting anything less than 2 autocannons or an AC20 on the 733C is a waste. You could also try going with 1 AC20, 2 LPLs and 3 SSRM2s.

#8 Discojaddi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostDeadMetal89, on 29 July 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Putting anything less than 2 autocannons or an AC20 on the 733C is a waste. You could also try going with 1 AC20, 2 LPLs and 3 SSRM2s.

Yeah, I kinda agree with that notion. If I were to make any change to the lasers, I would up them to er, because I want SOMETHING to trade with at range if my team is refusing to charge.

#9 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

Sorry for being off topic but the upcoming HGN-IIC can carry a single cUAC/20 (360m) or cLB20-X with three cMPLs (330m) and a trio of cSRM6s. All of that while being able to move at 64.3 kph (XL325) and really jump (3x JJs). And not to mention that it still has some spare tonnage after filling all of the available crits with DHS! ClanTech makes it all easy....

#10 Discojaddi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

Tell me about it. If the IIC's aren't anti-quirked to hell, I fear they will steamroll over everyone. Really sad how IS tech tends to be both heavier and less effective (AC's notwithstanding)

... that being said, I will probably never get one cause I don't like the rounded look on the IIC, I really like the big chunky look of the regular :P

Edited by Dragonfodder, 29 July 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#11 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:42 PM

View PostDragonfodder, on 29 July 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

... that being said, I will probably never get one cause I don't like the rounded look on the IIC, I really like the big chunky look of the regular :P

Quoted for truth!

#12 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:45 PM

Try 2xUAC5, 3xSRM6 (or 3xSRM4 and an extra JJ if you like) , 2ML for backup with STD300 and 1 JJ for getting over pebbles.

#13 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

Being perfectly frank, if you aren't using an AC20 or twin cannons (preferable 2xUAC5) on that right arm than you are probably as well or better off with a different Highlander.

THIS was my preferred 733C build for a long while. It works, but the AC ammo is a little light for 12v12 (I originally put it together back when the game was 8v8). These days I run it with an 325XL, an extra heat sink, and full leg armor; though it would likely do as well or better with the legs cut to 61 and a fourth ton of AC ammo. The XL engine is a liability, but to be honest you aren't doing much if you lose your right side anyway (and almost no one goes for your left). Also, I frontload my armor a little bit more these days.

Edited by Escef, 30 July 2015 - 06:14 PM.

#14 Discojaddi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:57 PM

Played about 15 games with a std engine, found myself getting cored more often than not, so I went back to an XL and have been having much better results again, making builds super easy again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users