34 replies to this topic

#21 TigrisMorte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostConrad Stryker, on 05 February 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Just destroyed you in a match. It wasn't premades that killed you, it was just bad skill. Maybe Call of Duty is more your speed if you don't care for teamwork...

and perhaps you are a rude little boy that should have their mommy moderate your behind.
Lots of possibilities in the world.

#22 TigrisMorte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

When the devs implement C3, as they announced, I'll use voice in mission.
When CW is in, I'll serve the interests of house Kurita however I can.
Until CW is in, I'll try the weirdest builds and do the stupidest things to entertain myself.
I'll always attempt to support my team, my way.
If there is an obvious leader, I take their direction.

No, I am not going to spend any time what so ever listening to 12 year olds brag about their Epeen waiting to get a group.
I know your disappointed I know you think I should quit (and I would be far more likely to play DDO than COD).

Unfortunately your declarations of what/who/how the game is, have no bearing on my play.
Please have fun as you wish and I'll have fun as I wish.

When they make you adjudicator of "how I am to play", I quit.
Until then, live with it.

#23 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostRavill, on 07 February 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

How about this, you spend one thirty minute session (because that is all you can play per night) scouring the forums for vent/ts/mumble info, test/find a place with sufficient nonmouthbreathers, and bookmark the crap out of that place. Next night login, LFG, make tea (or frosty beer), get group, enjoy tea and pug stomping. If you are incapable or unwilling to do this then you deserve to be ground up like the rest of the pugs because even if the devs introduce solo queues there will be those who are willing to solo queue on the off chance they end up together just so they can shoot people who complain about groups.

So.. because you all like to pack and stomp pugs MEANS everyone playing this game should be forced to queue in TS for a team OR go play solo and be stomped by pugstomping credit/xp farmers?

really...

#24 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostCorrado, on 07 February 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

So.. because you all like to pack and stomp pugs MEANS everyone playing this game should be forced to queue in TS for a team OR go play solo and be stomped by pugstomping credit/xp farmers?

really...

I used to be in the same position as you but then someone mentioned somewhere that you could go into teamspeak without a mic and I said "meh whatever lets see what happens" and lo and behold I was able to get into a group (and actually enjoy myself to boot) I'm not trying to defend those who try to sync drop (its rare but it happens) but the ability to group up is there and available to everyone, if they're not willing/bright enough to even try (and see how much better the game is :D ) that's their problem.

#25 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

View Postthegimp73, on 07 February 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

LOL, I love how this started as pretty much a troll joke thread and everyone has taken it so serious.

Now more on topic. Seperating queue's is a bad idea in my opinion. The easier fix would be to just increase team sizes so that groups won't be such a large advantage. I am a solo player as all my friends refuse to play this game, and i haven't taken the time to find a decent group.

there are enough lances to start a match with 4+4 in team A and 4+4 in team B. groups of 4 are separated from groups of 8, loners should be separated from both.

PGI just won't do that because maybe 95% of the pugstomping players would not like to be able to just push forward and focus fire till the score is 8:0. 4+4 vs 4+4 would be too difficult for those "hey it's a teamplay game" players.

#26 Omni Tek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostCorrado, on 07 February 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

there are enough lances to start a match with 4+4 in team A and 4+4 in team B. groups of 4 are separated from groups of 8, loners should be separated from both..

OR you could just have the matchmaker be certain to put 1 *evil pre made* of aproximately the same size on each team.

#27 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 07 February 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

I used to be in the same position as you but then someone mentioned somewhere that you could go into teamspeak without a mic and I said "meh whatever lets see what happens" and lo and behold I was able to get into a group (and actually enjoy myself to boot) I'm not trying to defend those who try to sync drop (its rare but it happens) but the ability to group up is there and available to everyone, if they're not willing/bright enough to even try (and see how much better the game is :D ) that's their problem.

i did maybe 200 out of 1500 matches in groups. winning every single match against pugs gets boring. as i said, you guys are used to force everyonelse to do what you do because you don't want to lose the chance to gain free credits/xp vs pugs. don't tell me that winning every match 8:0 or 8:2 is funny every time more.

#28 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostCorrado, on 07 February 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

PGI just won't do that because maybe 95% of the pugstomping players would not like to be able to just push forward and focus fire till the score is 8:0

isn't that pretty much the whole game?

#29 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostOmni Tek, on 07 February 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

OR you could just have the matchmaker be certain to put 1 *evil pre made* of aproximately the same size on each team.

yes that could be a good start too. at least the pugs will have a role in that. now for now, pugs vs lances is just cannon fodder.
i'll say it again.. most lances will get bored to not be able to win EVERY match.

View PostOmni 13, on 07 February 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

isn't that pretty much the whole game?

yes try to mindlessly push in the open in a 8vs8 lances and see what happens.

#30 Kylere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Weapons are OP, LRMS are OP, ECM is OP, Lights are OP, Some lights are more OP than others, SSRMS are OP, Teamwork is OP, PUGS are OP (okay never heard that one), CATS are OP, Stalkers are OP and an OP Awesome in a pear treeeeee.

Weapons are too weak, LRMS are too weak, ECM is kinda OP, Lights were stealth nerfed, Some lights are too weak, SSRMS are junk next to srm6s, Teamwork is a waste of time, PUGS are too weak, CATS need a buff, Stalkers are janky, and a death trap Awesome in a pear tree!

#31 CheebaMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationPsst, behind you...

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Florida: home to DRIVE-THROUGH LIQUOR STORES. They will sell you a 5th of bourbon, a single can of Coke, and a big plastic cup filled with ice. GL getting home.

#32 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostCheebaMech, on 07 February 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

Florida: home to DRIVE-THROUGH LIQUOR STORES. They will sell you a 5th of bourbon, a single can of Coke, and a big plastic cup filled with ice. GL getting home.

Ohio has those too.

#33 Orthodontist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 197 posts
  • LocationEndor, Moddell sector

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

I'll just...leave...this here...

*steps away and out of sight quickly*

#34 Silentium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 629 posts
  • LocationA fortified bunker in the mojave desert.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Everyone except me is OP for any reason you care to name. NERF THEM ALL11!!!1!

#35 Conjure

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostConrad Stryker, on 05 February 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Just destroyed you in a match. It wasn't premades that killed you, it was just bad skill. Maybe Call of Duty is more your speed if you don't care for teamwork...

Team work is great if your lucky enough to drop in with team players.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users