List of Mechs available\What Mech would you want to start in?

858 replies to this topic

#41 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

A point to be made:

SInce we're looking at having the game start in 3049, right next to the clan invasion, it would not be at all surprising to have just about every standard variant from Technical Readout 3050 appear (Barring the extra variants and field refits)

The Wolftrap, Caesar, and a few others should appear in game, though they'll still be rare. Likewise, stuff that was star-league vintage likely will be in the hands of Comstar, for the most part, but a smattering of it will probably appear in the successor states, and maybe even in the clans as solahma equipment.

#42 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

View Postice trey, on 06 November 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

A point to be made:

SInce we're looking at having the game start in 3049, right next to the clan invasion, it would not be at all surprising to have just about every standard variant from Technical Readout 3050 appear (Barring the extra variants and field refits)

The Wolftrap, Caesar, and a few others should appear in game, though they'll still be rare. Likewise, stuff that was star-league vintage likely will be in the hands of Comstar, for the most part, but a smattering of it will probably appear in the successor states, and maybe even in the clans as solahma equipment.

They are around, so I put them on the list.

I'll be adding some Clan secondliners next.

#43 Legionn

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

Can take these 9 off the list, they will not make it to the game. These are the 9 that HG/Macross claims rights to and has sued 3 times now.
  • Stinger (LAM)
  • Wasp (LAM)
  • Pheonix Hawk (LAM)
  • Crusader
  • Archer
  • Warhammer
  • Rifleman
  • Longbow
  • Marauder

*Edit* Typo

Edited by Legionn, 06 November 2011 - 01:16 PM.

#44 Karmack

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationRocket City, AL

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

At this point, I'm just happy there's a new MW game coming online. This should be a lot of fun.

I do hope they update the models, though, to match the last round of artwork on whatever they do put in the game. Its always nice to see things in-game that match the table top minies we're painting and the art in our TROs. :)

#45 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

View PostLegionn, on 06 November 2011 - 01:16 PM, said:

Can take these 9 off the list, they will not make it to the game. These are the 9 that HG/Macross claims rights to and has sued 3 times now.
  • Stinger (LAM)
  • Wasp (LAM)
  • Pheonix Hawk (LAM)
  • Crusader
  • Archer
  • Warhammer
  • Rifleman
  • Longbow
  • Marauder
*Edit* Typo

All those mechs have reseen versions that can be used instead of the originals, we even saw the Warhammer in the 3015 video.

#46 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

View Postice trey, on 06 November 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

Wolf Trap doesn't exist until 3051.
The Caesar is from 3045, so it should be in.

we even saw the Warhammer in the 3015 video

Which was the unseen version, iirc, if slightly altered (definitely not the reseen version).

#47 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:42 PM

View PostAlizabeth Aijou, on 06 November 2011 - 01:37 PM, said:

Wolf Trap doesn't exist until 3051.
The Caesar is from 3045, so it should be in.

Which was the unseen version, iirc, if slightly altered (definitely not the reseen version).

Wolf Trap removed, first batch of 2nd line mechs added.

The Warhammer in the video resembled the one on the Masters and Minions cover:

http://www.sarna.net...and_Minions.jpg

#48 BAZZ BASHEM

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSydney.Australia.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

View PostNeozero, on 06 November 2011 - 06:22 AM, said:

Actually it was not uncommon at all for mercenaries or great houses to have mechs that where out of production. Keep in mind that not every mech made saw actual combat, and many mechs where used as heirlooms. Some planets did not even have a single "battlemech" on the planet due to production costs and generally a lack of a true tactical need for the mech to exist there. Many of the internal parts of a mech where generic making it easy to get replacements even if the design was no longer in production. That is not to say obsolete models where not phased out which they where. Something that we the community tend to forget is mechwarriors went thru extensive training on how to preserve their vehicles as well because of the extremely high production costs. This is also why the majority of all battlemechs in production where Mediums, they gave you the most bang for your buck.

I agree that the smaller mercenary units,pirates and minor periphery factions would have utilized the available tech,and found ways to keep their mechs and equipment functional.Indeed many mechs like the Wolverine had a continued upgrades with 14 known variants.The clan's thought enough of the Wolverine,by taking the concept and rebuilding it with advanced technology.The Wolverine IIC although no designated IIC variant of the Wolverine exists, technically the Conjurer (Hellhound)is the Wolverine-IIC in all but name,as the Clans would not retain the name of the Not-Named Clan(Wolverine)for the redesigned 'Mech.I am aware that other iconic designs like the Atlas has original custom variants,while some others were retained as heirlooms or honor guards.
Of course then there is the mothballed Star League era tech that ComStar kept hidden until after the Fourth Succession War.
My comment about the modern war machine of 3049,was in relation to mech designs like the Javelin,first built in 2751.The original Stormvanger Assembliesfactories that produced the Javelin are gone,destroyed during the Succession Wars ?.Federated Suns began producing the venerable 'Mech once more at Jalastar Aerospacein 3055.

Edited by BAZZ BASHEMâ„¢, 06 November 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#49 guardiandashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

actually according to paranha the warhammer was extensively modified from the unseen version yes it resembles it, but it is actually closer to the victor music llc version which technically can be used but harmony gold has been known to issue C&D for stuff that they have no realistic rights to..
IMO harmony gold goes around filing C&D's just to harass the owners of the battletech IP

#50 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

View Postguardiandashi, on 06 November 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

actually according to paranha the warhammer was extensively modified from the unseen version yes it resembles it, but it is actually closer to the victor music llc version which technically can be used but harmony gold has been known to issue C&D for stuff that they have no realistic rights to..
IMO harmony gold goes around filing C&D's just to harass the owners of the battletech IP

Hence why I prefer to use reseens, those things sidestep the drama that is Harmony Gold.

#51 Vallend

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

There is one thing that does worry me starting the game in 3049, and that is Level 2 equipment is starting to become very common. In my humble opinion we should play for a while with only level 1 battlemechs. Then in maybe a years time add the level 2 stuff. It is sort of like starting off in a MMORPG with a bank full of gold, good armor and wepons. You miss out on the thrills of working your way up to better items over time and that takes away from your gaming experience. Of course I also support the idea of starting every new player in a light battlemech and make them work for credits and skills to pilot larger and better Battlemechs. Just my two cents..

#52 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

View PostAlizabeth Aijou, on 06 November 2011 - 12:50 PM, said:

You also forgot the Binary Laser Cannon from 2812, the Hatchet from 3022, C3Network from 3050, EW Equipment from 3025, M.A.S.S. (MechWarrior Aquatic Survival System) from 3048, Arrow IV from 3044, Artillery Cannons from 3012, 'Mech Mortars from 3043, One-Shot Missiles from 3030 (3035 for OS-Streak SRM-2 and OS-Narc), and Silver Bullet Gauss from 3051.

As for special AC ammunition, there's Flak from 2310, Tracer from 2300.
LRM ammunition: Heat-Seaking from 2340, Smoke from 2333.
SRM ammunition: Harpoon from 2400, Heat-Seeking from 2340, Inferno from 2380, Smoke from 2333, Tandem-Charge from 3051, Tear Gas from 2375.
Mortar ammunition: Airburst from 3043, Anti-Personnel from 3043, Armour-Piercing from 3043, Flare from 3043, Smoke from 3043.

I say again, TechManual. I didn't go into TacOps since most of that is experimental, prototype or otherwise rare.

#53 Kaori

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

Nice to see the lists from the time frame, however The mechs available will be the ones the devs decide to put in.. It would be cool to hear what ones are going to be in game for beta, however it may be to early to know. And by a dev, not some random person who is assuming.

#54 Legionn

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

View Poststormwolf, on 06 November 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

All those mechs have reseen versions that can be used instead of the originals, we even saw the Warhammer in the 3015 video.

Those reseen versions cannot be officially released yet either. The Warhammer in the 3015 video was the reason they were sued back in '09 and the case is still pending. HG holds claim that the Warhammer mech in the video is still too similar to the original. (The IIC versions of those 9 mechs are allowed though.)

#55 salamader

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

will a black angel variant make the game?

#56 salamader

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

there was a comment about the unseen mechs, catalyst games was rumored to be trying to buy the original designs and bring back to the game.

#57 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Thx for the list, Stormwolf!

However! My fav. IS- (Firestarter, Centurion, Annihilator) & Clan-mechs (Firemoth, Nova, Stormcrow, Timberwolf, War Hawk) are all on the list.
Now i can only hope, that they will be there.

#58 Legionn

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

View Postsalamader, on 06 November 2011 - 06:19 PM, said:

there was a comment about the unseen mechs, catalyst games was rumored to be trying to buy the original designs and bring back to the game.

Catalyst Games thought they had acquired the rights to use all the unseen mechs but nothing goes exactly as planned and those 9 remain strictly "unseen" while the rest are all viable to use but only a few have become reseen. They may still be trying to aquire those 9 mechs (technically 12 b/c the 3 LAMs count as 2, each according to the original lawsuit) but I do not know.

Here's a list of the unseen mechs by claimed owner after the original lawsuit in the 1990's. (the bolded ones are the "reseen" or allowed mechs that have been re-released (reseen) and the ones marked with an * are the 12 designs that began the lawsuits where the LAM designs count for 2 each, both the land and air mech configurations separately. The rest are allowed but have not yet been reseen anywhere other than the novels.)

From Crusher Joe:
Locust
Locust IIC
Corsair (aerospace)
Samurai (aerospace)
Sparrowhawk (aerospace)
Galleon (tank)
Leopard (dropship)

From Dougram:
Shadow Hawk
Shadow Hawk IIC
Griffen
Griffen IIC
Scorpion (4-legged)
Wolverine
Thunderbolt
Goliath (4-legged)
Battlemaster
Battlemaster IIC

From Victor Musical Industries
Conjurer
Glass Spider/Galahad
Howler/Baboon
Bane/Kraken
Vapor Eagle/Goshawk
Black Python/Viper
Stone Rhino/Behemoth
Incubus/Vixen
Raijin
Grand Crusader
Nexus

From Harmony Gold/Macross
Stinger (LAM)*
Wasp (LAM)*
Super Wasp
Valkyrie
Pheonix Hawk (LAM)*
Pheonix Hawk IIC
Crusader*
Falcon
Firebee
Hornet
Ostroc
Ostol
Ostscout
Archer*
Warhammer*
Warhammer IIC
Rifleman*
Rifleman IIC
Longbow*
Marauder*
Marauder II
Marauder IIC

Here's a link to show some comparisons of the Battletech mechs and the mechs of the other companies that were copied. It doesn't have all of them but most are there, some are exact copies.
http://brianscache.com/unseen/

(Side note: I have no idea how Microsoft was able to use the Longbow in MW4: Mercs when it was released 7 years prior to Catalyst Games aquiring the rights to use most of the unseen designs and that design is still unseen to this day. If anyone does know, I too would like to know how that came about.)

#59 T S Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLuzerne

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

View Poststormwolf, on 06 November 2011 - 08:15 AM, said:

I just took the TRO 3050 list (original) and added in the Devastator, Hunchback IIC and Kingfisher.

I'll be looking at some RAT's next to see what should be available.

I'm not going to divide this by house and merc unit.

Ah ok that makes good sense then :)

#60 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

Stormhawk, the Jenner IIC is in the 3055 TRO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users