Isn News Flash

15 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Wed Feb 6, 3050: First Prince Richard Davion’s endless affairs during the Star League are covered in brutal detail in “A Legacy of Bastards”.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

Who published this book?

#3 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

All Davions are ********. Nothing new about this. :(

#4 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 06 February 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

Who published this book?

The Davion Family Press. They always want to being attention to their family's "fertility" It's all fiction. In truth he probably did have those affairs...with prostitutes. After all, money can buy you anything except honor- which the Davion family doesn't want in any case.

#5 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

This book is nothing but lies and slander!

#6 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostThanatos676, on 06 February 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

This book is nothing but lies and slander!

Who asked you bastardos?

(Please note, not trying to create a flame war, just going along with the threads theme, no offence actually meant)

Edited by verybad, 06 February 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#7 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 February 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

Wed Feb 6, 3050: First Prince Richard Davion’s endless affairs during the Star League are covered in brutal detail in “A Legacy of ********”.

Wed Feb 6, 3050: First Prince Richard Davion’s endless affairs during the Star League are covered in brutal detail in “A Legacy of ********”.

Apparently, there were so many that they needed three books to list them all!

#8 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

You say ******* like it's a bad thing.

#9 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Really?! :ph34r:

Though, it was known that Richard's would-have-been heir, Joseph, was "a well-known libertine" and that Richard's surviving son at the time of his death in 2745 was illegitimate (thus allowing for the rise of Richard's nephew, John Davion), so I suppose it's not that surprising (though, no less disappointing) to hear that Richard had strayed.

However, that these affairs were "endless" and necessitate "brutal" detail seems to be laying it on a bit thick... :D

#10 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 06 February 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Really?! :blink:

Though, it was known that Richard's would-have-been heir, Joseph, was "a well-known libertine" and that Richard's surviving son at the time of his death in 2745 was illegitimate (thus allowing for the rise of Richard's nephew, John Davion), so I suppose it's not that surprising (though, no less disappointing) to hear that Richard had strayed.

However, that these affairs were "endless" and necessitate "brutal" detail seems to be laying it on a bit thick... :D

Two thoughts occur to me in regards to this book.

First off, RIchard is a polarizing figure, much like, say... Keith Richards. Some love him to death and admire him as if he is a minor deity, others despise him and hate his guts.

Secondly... this book of Hanse's dalliances is much like finding his "little black book" or whatever ye want to call it, and turning it into a mockumentary.

So ask yourself this. How can it be a brutal look, if some people will read this in admiration, and maybe even try to hit up some of these ladies? Or if they read it in hatred, it's only going to give them more ammunition that they didn't in any way really need.

Heh. Brutal my furry ****. Turn the page, gang. :P

EDIT - Got the wrong Davion. Oops.

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 06 February 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#11 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 06 February 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Two thoughts occur to me in regards to this book.

First off, Hanse is a polarizing figure, much like, say... Keith Richards. Some love him to death and admire him as if he is a minor deity, others despise him and hate his guts.

Secondly... this book of Hanse's dalliances is much like finding his "little black book" or whatever ye want to call it, and turning it into a mockumentary.

So ask yourself this. How can it be a brutal look, if some people will read this in admiration, and maybe even try to hit up some of these ladies? Or if they read it in hatred, it's only going to give them more ammunition that they didn't in any way really need.

Heh. Brutal my furry ****. Turn the page, gang. :D

Except it's not about Hanse Davion, but his 6x-Great-Uncle (Hanse's grandfather's grandfather's grandfather's grandfather's brother) Richard Davion.

Also, we still don't have confirmation of who wrote or published this book, or the veracity of the sources.
If, for example, the book itself or the "sources" were fabrications originating from the Combine... well, it wouldn't be the first time that they've used counterfeit documents to start trouble for Richard Davion. :P

#12 SteelyDan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 305 posts
  • LocationChicago Ill

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Sweet Stefan Amaris!!!
This again!

#13 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 06 February 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Except it's not about Hanse Davion, but his 6x-Great-Uncle (Hanse's grandfather's grandfather's grandfather's grandfather's brother) Richard Davion.

Oh, woops. My first read of the news flash and when I posted that were several hours apart, hehe.

EDIT My point still stands though.

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 06 February 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#14 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Wait... you're telling me Hanse Davion didn't travel time to shag hot minxes? :D

#15 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Well, that's one way to make sure you have a successor.

#16 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Its always the Davions, they try to always be King Arthur, sword and sun, but beneath it is an empire rotten to the core by bullying, scandals and self-righteous sh*t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users