[Updated With Poll] Summary Screen Dc Indicator, Color Coded Kill Messages + Other Great Improvements To Ui

11 replies to this topic

Poll: [Updated With Poll] Summary Screen Dc Indicator, Color Coded Kill Messages + Other Great Improvements To Ui (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Poll

1. Good Idea (19 votes [95.00%])

Percentage of vote: 95.00%

2. Not good idea (1 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Let em see score (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Please give us an indicator other than text based so we know who are we talking to on the summary screen.

Example: I want to tell my teammates if we had an ecm we would of rocked them.

Situation: There are a few ".... disconnected" lines in the chat.

Problem: I have no idea how many of those are friendlies are who I am talking to, without checking each name in the table to see what team they were on, sometimes even that isn't possible, because they left earlier and there is no scroll function.

Example 2: I wanna tell one player how well he did or how cool his paintjob is.

Situation: There are a few ".... disconnected" lines in the chat.

Problem: I have no idea if he disconnected while playing, didnt pay attention to kill/disconnect messages while in game, and now I have no definite answer to if he is online or will ever see my message.

Some others:

- I would like to know via colors/letters/anything if it's a teammate or an enemy speaking into the ALL chat. Sometimes its not clear whos communicating with who, and if I want to know, I'm gonna spend atleast 5 seconds TABbing and figuring it out.

- The delay for the end game screen is looooong, but I'm sure you already know about this.

- Make pre/mid/post chats scrollable please, you could scroll the ingame chat with pageup/down keys in CB if I recall correctly.

- Make the player01 killed player02 indicators show which team killed which by color coded names by team/lance. This would help track team killers, 3 different lance color codes would show how your lances are doing, and how well which lance is doing with and give heads up info in a split second just by seeing the color of the text. For example you have a light mech lance, you see alot of Green names getting killed, you know you're lights are in trouble. Without this, you'll need to tab to see whos dieing if you aren't familiar with the names.
Example: there are a few ECMs around and you see a guy charge in around a corner and a kill message pop up, you don't know if he got killed, or did he kill somebody and its OK for you to follow him, until you hit tab that isn't a pleasant experience currently(more on that below).

- Holding TAB shouldn't disable (at least the basic) movement keys.
Example: In a highly competitive environment having a look at what mech your mates are piloting or whos living, shouldn't block you of taking a simple turn especially that for lights where moving in straight line is a death sentence. They have no way of a quick check than getting out of combat.

- Do away with the pop-up animation of the ingame scoreboard.
If you saw competitive Counterstrike gaming, you can see they have it popping up numerous times a single match to get better situational awareness. We don't need half second animations, we need to know whos around, now, not a half second later. This just adds to my previous point, a player needs to wait for the animation and can't move while looking at it, taking him out of the game for about a second. Its cumbersome to say at least.

- You have been killed stats: good to know what killed me, but I'd like to know the damage numbers, or percentages. Also which of these did the killing blow is something I'd be curious about from time to time.

- The match starting screen doesnt show the enemy mech types. And thats fine, no scouting has been done. The end game screen shows them. It would be nice (and realistic) to have them appear in the TAB screen as the match goes on and they are sighted for the first time.

I like the new UI in every other aspect though, especially it not showing kills, I made a post about it here on why I think its a great solution.

Edited by Chavette, 16 April 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#2 Arnon

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

Good, simple suggestions.
I agree with all of them.

Also, I would like to know via colors if it's a teammate or an enemy speaking into the ALL chat.

All of those informations are available, it's just that it takes a couple of extra actions to get to them.

#3 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

Thats a really nice one I'll add it.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

This doesn't have be colored coded exactly... even a simple blue or red square box right next to the name would actually keep it completely simple.

For colorblind people, the Blue box would have the letter "T" for Teammate and the Red box would have the letter "E" for Enemy.

This concludes "this certainly could have been better" part of the discussion. Unfortunately, the entire IM system in this game... needs an entirely whole new topic to even satisfy my gripes.

#5 Uncle Ted

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Some good suggestions here. I'll add mine.

Q should be a toggle.

#6 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Updated with poll and lance color code reference. Put some of these in U.I 2.0 please, they are all absolutely positive additions/tweaks, nothing big/hard to implement.

#7 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Some of these may be being looked into as we speak ;)

#8 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 16 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Uh oh, you have the blessing of the Garth :D

#9 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostChavette, on 06 February 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

- The match starting screen doesnt show the enemy mech types. And thats fine, no scouting has been done. The end game screen shows them. It would be nice (and realistic) to have them appear in the TAB screen as the match goes on and they are sighted for the first time.

This is something I would like so much, and scouts could gain a +cbill +xp bonus every time they first time indentify a target and spread the info ( as you know that when you target an available target it takes a bit before you get any info on it and could happen at most only 8 time a match) .

#10 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

Yeah, put the "info" into information warfare.

Edited by Chavette, 17 April 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

I like the mech ID as a module for the scoreboard.. but yes, that kind of info is invaluable.

#12 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 16 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

I see the front end messanger got color codes, its nice, esp in groups, but if the ingame chat got the treatment too that would be really nice too.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users