#21 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostAlpha1Foxtrot, on 13 February 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

I found it hard to get a good Davion Color Scheme. As posted before the places where you can put on the colors makes it hard.
I tried to keep atleast 1 or 2 true colors of Davion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I do think the Hunchies have the best setup to paint them XD

The colors in the House insignia (red/orange and yellow) are not used on mechs like in your designs, to my knowledge. Please refer to the link I posted previously to Camo Specs' gallery.

#22 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Credit: Viereth/Mark Hayden

Something to note is not only the shades, but the pattern. A "classic" Davion look is reflected in the first image, where the mech is mostly blue with a white and red stripe running vertically. A "modern" look is reflected in the second image, where there are five vertical stripes with red in the center followed by white and blue radiating outwards. Of course we don't have this level of customization yet, if we will at all, but it's something you should be aware of.

#23 Apoc1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostBlueSanta, on 13 February 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

The colors in the House insignia (red/orange and yellow) are not used on mechs like in your designs, to my knowledge. Please refer to the link I posted previously to Camo Specs' gallery.

HHoD have gone with an interim colour scheme of Black, Red and Gold (the colours from our emblem), which is I think what A1F is refering to

having said that, black, red and/or blue do feature quite strongly in several units on camo specs - yellow/gold not so much

edit; I stand corrected, Kathil Uhlans have black and gold

ideally we want predominantly black, with red and gold highlights, but this is difficult to do with nearly any of the patterns we have so far so you end up giving over too much to red or gold (the atlas default pattern and the hunchback are the easiest to do it with - with black on the secondary channel actually becoming the predominant colour)

Edited by Apoc1138, 15 February 2013 - 03:48 AM.

#24 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Oh, okay. I really hope to see metallic colors at some point in the near future, which would allow you to use "gold." We need to be able to **** our mechs. Maybe it would be a strategic advantage on maps with sunlight if your mech was so reflective it blinded other players.

Edit: Really, that word is blocked? It's not even offensive.

Edited by BlueSanta, 15 February 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#25 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostBlueSanta, on 15 February 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

Edit: Really, that word is blocked? It's not even offensive.

But it ain't easy.

#26 A_Crotchety_Old_Geezer

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 16 posts
  • LocationITALY

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Question(s): does the predominant color need to be blue? What about predominant white with red and blue highlights?
I am asking because my CTF-4X cannot use the PC Gamer skin I just bought. Also, in the Cataphract left,right and center guns are dark blue and cannot be customized (bug, maybe?), so I'm stuck with either red or white for the three colour slots (unliss it is legit to dump white and only use shades of red and blue).

#27 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostJherek Carnelian, on 17 February 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Question(s): does the predominant color need to be blue? What about predominant white with red and blue highlights?
I am asking because my CTF-4X cannot use the PC Gamer skin I just bought. Also, in the Cataphract left,right and center guns are dark blue and cannot be customized (bug, maybe?), so I'm stuck with either red or white for the three colour slots (unliss it is legit to dump white and only use shades of red and blue).

We understand the current limitations of the patterns when it comes to accurately reflecting a group's canon look, and I personally think the Cataphract got a really bum default pattern (compared to mechs like the Awesome which is pretty good for free). So, don't feel pressured. I have a single use woodland pattern on all of my mechs, but sometimes I fly the Davion parade colors, which kind of looks like confetti in the end. I think accurate shades of the colors is more important right now until a better texture system is in place, or an obviously superior pattern comes out.

#28 Sturmforge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 293 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

Here are the colors that I have been running.

Robinson Rangers
Centurion w/ Tiger Stripe Pattern

Posted Image

Ceti Hussars
Hunchback w/ Standard Pattern

Posted Image

7th Crucis Lancers
Trebuchet w/ Standard Pattern (Should work with the rest of the Crucis Lancers except the 1st which is Green w/ red, white, and blue)

Posted Image

Edited by Sturmforge, 20 February 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#29 A_Crotchety_Old_Geezer

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 16 posts
  • LocationITALY

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

Posted Image

Here is my attempt to reproduce some sort of Davion colours, with all the limitations of the Cataphract (CTF-4X) default scheme.

#30 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostJusta Dogtrooper, on 06 February 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

Heres my Awsome....

Posted Image

Wow, very nice work! I only hope to pull off something even CLOSE to as nice a representation of the Guards colors when I mess around in the camo specs.

Got any tips for how you pulled it off?

View PostSturmforge, on 20 February 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Here are the colors that I have been running.

Robinson Rangers
Centurion w/ Tiger Stripe Pattern

Posted Image

Ceti Hussars
Hunchback w/ Standard Pattern

Posted Image

7th Crucis Lancers
Trebuchet w/ Standard Pattern (Should work with the rest of the Crucis Lancers except the 1st which is Green w/ red, white, and blue)

Posted Image

Excellent work! I especially like the Crucis Lancers one.

#31 AmAce

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

ok new to the overall game im familiar with the colors for Davion units but any suggestions for someone with out MC at the moment (other bills before games) so what colors would be accepted as davion out of the Cbill variants

#32 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

There are only 4 colors you can purchase with c-bills, plus the default olive drab.

#33 AmAce

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

So to get the basic colors for Davion use the basic red and basic blue on trim and leave main olive would that work for now till i get MC to get the proper colors?

#34 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

I guess. You're kinda ******, to be honest. Not that you should spend as much on paint as I have, though. It's really not a big deal until they have better patterns for this stuff.

#35 AmAce

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

ill SS a pattern and see if it will be ok later when i get it

#36 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

The Avalon Hussars are almost all white, right? Or at least bright gray?

I'd like to stay as Davion, and my mechs are all white.

http://www.sarna.net.../Avalon_Hussars

In the end, I guess it doesn't matter, as PGI has instructed players not to play as canon units.

#37 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 21 February 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

The Avalon Hussars are almost all white, right? Or at least bright gray?

I'd like to stay as Davion, and my mechs are all white.

http://www.sarna.net.../Avalon_Hussars

In the end, I guess it doesn't matter, as PGI has instructed players not to play as canon units.

Where did they say that? They have done nothing to stop players from registering under canon names, which the majority of players do not approve of, nor have they stopped players from forming their mercenary groups in the name of canon units.

#38 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

The biggest problem, is that basic allocation for primary, secondary and tertiary colours is different from chassis to chassis.

Unless you choose something like tigerstripe, woodland or dazzle, you can't really get a standard scheme on all mechs.

All you can standardize is your colours.

Primary: pc gamer black
Secondary: ox blood red
Tertiary: maize yellow

On my trenchbucket, this makes it largely black with yellow and red highlights (in that order as far as coverage goes). On my stalker its mainly red with black and then tiny bits of yellow.
On my 4SP its mainly yellow with red and black bits, unless I use pcgamer camo, then its black with red and yellow flashes.

They need to standardize coverage, eg.
60 percent primary
25 percent secondary
15 percent tertiary

#39 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

View Postchewie, on 22 February 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

The biggest problem, is that basic allocation for primary, secondary and tertiary colours is different from chassis to chassis.

They need to standardize coverage, eg.
60 percent primary
25 percent secondary
15 percent tertiary

Yep, on the atlas the Secondary colour is actually the dominant colour, which doesn't make much sense when it's assigned as secondary

#40 Sturmforge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

That is why I run those mechs in those colors. Though the Trebuchet also works with the Ceti Hussars colors.

Posted Image

Edited by Sturmforge, 22 February 2013 - 07:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users