After The Beta?

9 replies to this topic

#1 MekShred

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Hello, this may be a silly question, but as I have played other similar games (World of Tanks Beta) what will happen to our accounts the the game is fully released, as in leaves BETA status? Do we lose everything? I have spent around $80 on the game so far (much less then some I am sure), but it hit me today that I might lose everything I have made. I love supporting the Mechwarrior franchise, honestly I couldn't give my credit card info to MWO fast enough! This is more of a curious thought, with no complaining involved, this game is seriously amazing!

Thanks!

Edited by MekShred, 06 February 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#2 Paul McKenzie

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

There will be a reset on stats when achievements come out but no reset on things you bought or earned with creds.

#3 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

View PostMekShred, on 06 February 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

Hello, this may be a silly question, but as I have played other similar games (World of Tanks Beta) what will happen to our accounts the the game is fully released, as in leaves BETA status? Do we lose everything? I have spent around $80 on the game so far (much less then some I am sure), but it hit me today that I might lose everything I have made. I love supporting the Mechwarrior franchise, honestly I couldn't give my credit card info to MWO fast enough! This is more of a curious thought, with no complaining involved, this game is seriously amazing!

Thanks!

There is no plan on getting out of Beta what-so-ever at the moment. Or, if I am wrong, please show me the official statment, I've been looking for it.

View PostPaul McKenzie, on 06 February 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

There will be a reset on stats when achievements come out but no reset on things you bought or earned with creds.

And yes...he is right. but no plan on the timing if I am right.

#4 Corison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

The game is already released. :lol: Nothing about your account itself will change.

As mentioned above you may see stat resets every now and again. Perhaps not to often but we shall see. I wouldn't be surprised if they put some sort of ladder system in, or reset it very couple months.

#5 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,568 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

The outrage that would ensue if Piranha blanked every account in the game, just wiped out every single MC purchase up to whatever release date they set, would not only kill the game but would also very possibly result in legal action. You don't tell people they're free to buy things in your store, and then up and take those things away later on without both contractual prior notice and a damn good reason. You're not going to lose your purchases. The closest that'll happen is what happened with camouflage colors and patterns when the new system went live yesterday - they'll reset you, but they'll also refund all the MC and/or C-bills you spent on whatever they're wiping so you can spend them again.

Heh...even then, they'd get in trouble for doing that at a bad time, because some of us bought things during sales that won't be around if we have to rebuy all our stuff again.

#6 Dark Severance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,151 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostMekShred, on 06 February 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

but it hit me today that I might lose everything I have made.

View PostCorison, on 06 February 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

Nothing about your account itself will change.

That isn't entirely completely true. There is a chance that a patch will cause things to get to a point they don't want. Or that they want to do a fresh rekick of everything (similar to what they did with Camo). On the off chance that there is some sort of soft or hard reset to something, they will credit all your purchases back pertaining to that. You won't actually lose any money that you have spent or invested, it would be credited back. I don't see a reset happening, but components might be reset in some fashion but you won't actually lose anything.

#7 MekShred

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Thanks for the reply's!! In World of Tanks once the BETA was over you lost all your tanks and exp, everyone basically had to start from scratch. I hope things keep going the way they are, this game is filling a void in my gaming life that was last filled with Mechwarrior 3 (Mechwarrior 4 series was too cartoonish for me). I can't wait for more Mechwarrior games to be rolled out in the future. I hope this MWO revival really works to get the franchise back on track.

#8 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

View Post1453 R, on 06 February 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

The outrage that would ensue if Piranha blanked every account in the game, just wiped out every single MC purchase up to whatever release date they set, would not only kill the game but would also very possibly result in legal action.

You know you signed the EULA that gives them the right to make changes without refunds...right? No legal action would be possible. They wouldn't go that drastic, but wiping player stats is likely on "official" launch. That way everyone has a chance at starting fresh for their K/D and whatnot. They may do minor refund/tweaks (camo example) here and there.

#9 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

View Post1453 R, on 06 February 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

The outrage that would ensue if Piranha blanked every account in the game, just wiped out every single MC purchase up to whatever release date they set, would not only kill the game but would also very possibly result in legal action. You don't tell people they're free to buy things in your store, and then up and take those things away later on without both contractual prior notice and a damn good reason. You're not going to lose your purchases. The closest that'll happen is what happened with camouflage colors and patterns when the new system went live yesterday - they'll reset you, but they'll also refund all the MC and/or C-bills you spent on whatever they're wiping so you can spend them again.

Heh...even then, they'd get in trouble for doing that at a bad time, because some of us bought things during sales that won't be around if we have to rebuy all our stuff again.

Every single time there has been a stat wipe - including purchases, equipment, mechs etc. every bit of MC spent on these things has been refdunded by PGI. In this respect PGI have shown nnothing but good faith towards the player base, despite the at times constant whining. Finally, the ToS that we all signed when we started playing the game does in fact clearly state that PGI could, if they so wished, do whatever they wanted to do.

#10 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,568 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

They could do so, sure. However, nobody would ever buy MC from them again, nor would they have much of a player base left after everyone who's sunk MC into the game - save, perhaps, for some of the seriously dedicated founders - quits in a huff of rage.

Stat wipes are going to happen, and to me aren't really a big deal. Fine, let them clear out my old game logs. I'm a terrible pilot anyways, I don't want those scores ;) What Shred seemed to be worried about, though was that eighty dollars of his just vanishing into the ether because Piranha decided to redo its stuff one day. That they won't do, because whether or not lawyers got involved, Piranha's reputation as a company would be utterly ruined. They would, in effect, have stolen thousands of dollars from their players. How many more players do you figure they'd get after they were dumb enough to do that?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users