6 replies to this topic

#1 Xendojo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationThe Frequencies

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

With the new IFF Colors we need a change to the minimap on the HUD.

Please make the Minimap GREEN.

Only problem i have with the new colors is that the blue arrows are semi-difficult to spot on the minimap. Everywhere else they are bright and stand out just fine. But on the minimap....not so much.

If you support this idea please say so.

#2 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

The new Friendly Blue colour on the mini map - especially on snow maps is very hard to see. Another colour would be appreciated.

#3 blazarian

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Also remember the color blind ones (count me in as red-green(-blue) semi-colorblind). For example how the markers and minimap has been the couple weeks I have played.. I didn't see a thing where the markers are on the map, they basically were the same color with the map.

So my suggestion is that the minimap should be easy to interpret (the hights, paths..) and have consistent colors AND the markers should have contrast in which it can be always seen (stroke). For example like this: http://www.clker.com...-pin-336699.svg

So the marker has a dot in center to mark the exact spot of the mech, and then the "arrow-like" shape with bright fill color, and then again the stroke to make the contrast if the map is brighter one also (so you can see the fill much clearer when there is contrast color stroke).

Edited by blazarian, 06 February 2013 - 01:32 AM.

#4 Roadbuster

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

How about allowing us to set the color of the friendly and enemy markers and of the hud elements?

#5 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Current "B" map blue team designators are really hard to see. They blend in way to much. Change something (back) please.

#6 Strig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

[Suggestion] allow players to set/modify the friend/foe indicator colors in the game settings.

I currently cannot see the blue friendlies on the mini-map.

Note, I am red/green color-blind and the previous colors were still easier for me to identify (red-green is the most common type with difficulty distinguishing similar shades of red and green apart, note I can still see red and green ... they are just hard to tell apart if they aren't very saturated/vibrant)

#7 Firewuff

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

The Blue sucks, too hard to read an and a slightly off colour (says the graphic designer in me)

we need 2 different shapes to deal with colour bline and also higher contrast.

Also dont forget people there are different types of colour blind too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users