Thanks For The New Patch, But....

29 replies to this topic

#1 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

When can we get a full screen Mechlab? Sure I can alt+enter, but in this day and age AAA titles shouldn't require that I have to do that. You still are shooting for the AAA quality, right? It's been long enough.

Anyone who says "I like it because I don't have to alt+tab to look at load outs and weapon stats" your argument will be invalid on the 19th. (not that alt+tabbing is all that hard and much more common than alt+enter)

#2 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Why does it even matter? Is the mechlab screen large enough to use/read? If so who cares that it isn't full screen?

#3 RumRunner151

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 697 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

Not a priority for me.

#4 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts
  • LocationBurning hot sphere of pure rage.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

What I would like to see is a mechlab option that allows you to not run your graphics card to render a mech. I would like a 2D/text option for the mechlab so that when I am on my laptop I can keep heat down a little longer. It doesn't make a difference on my PC but it's a big difference for my laptop.

#5 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 06 February 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Anyone who says "I like it because I don't have to alt+tab to look at load outs and weapon stats" your argument will be invalid on the 19th. (not that alt+tabbing is all that hard and much more common than alt+enter)

Why would this argument be invalid on the 19th? Are they putting some kind of web browser in the client, that I don't know about.

#6 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostMercules, on 06 February 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

Why does it even matter? Is the mechlab screen large enough to use/read? If so who cares that it isn't full screen?

Why do you care that I care?

View PostBilbo, on 06 February 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

Why would this argument be invalid on the 19th? Are they putting some kind of web browser in the client, that I don't know about.

They are putting weapon and gear stats in mech lab so there really wouldn't be a need to look up weapon stats, which was the major complaint against having it full screen.

#7 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostBilbo, on 06 February 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

Because they are going to start showing weapon stats in the mechlab

#8 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

I spend a lot of time in the lab and the thought never came across my mind.

#9 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'll give you the weapon stats, but I still want to browse for loadouts and be able to see my TS client.

#10 urmamasllama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

i like that the pregame stuff isn't full screen. as someone who has a multimonitor setup the current way the game is done has been a godsend

#11 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostBilbo, on 06 February 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

I'll give you the weapon stats, but I still want to browse for loadouts and be able to see my TS client.

So whats wrong with alt+tabbing? I mean PGI is touting the mech lab as one of their main features yet it seems like they don't want to show it off, it's by no means ugly. So come on PGI show off the mech lab in glorious full screen 1920x1080!

#12 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

I actually like it windowed so I can do stuff between games. But, I'm pretty sure they've already said the Mechlab would be full screen with UI2.0 coming Feb 19th. However, I hope we have the option for it to be windowed still.

#13 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 06 February 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Why do you care that I care?

Because changes mean money, time, developer, and QA. If it is usable as a smaller screen then spending the aforementioned resources to simply boost the screen size is a bit of a waste. I'd rather get a "Full Armor" button than full screen as that at least changes the functionality.

#14 shadevarr

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 71 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

if it was a vote, I would say keep mechlab windowed. I would hate to have MWO be a fullscreen all the time, that "feature" of AAA titles annoys me to no end.

#15 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 06 February 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

So whats wrong with alt+tabbing? I mean PGI is touting the mech lab as one of their main features yet it seems like they don't want to show it off, it's by no means ugly. So come on PGI show off the mech lab in glorious full screen 1920x1080!

Which still adds no practical functionality boost. At least in game graphic improvements mean I can see and hit things better. Making a screen bigger when it can be read and used at it's current size should be low priority.

#16 Apoc1138

• 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

alt tabbing to TS every time you want to see who joined channel and then add them would be pretty tedious
by all means add a full screen mode but sure as hell better include a windowed option

also, they are including SOME weapon stats, but not all of them e.g. DPS, DPS/T which some people use when choosing weapons

Edited by Apoc1138, 06 February 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#17 Congzilla

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostBilbo, on 06 February 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

see my TS client.

Use the overlay.

#18 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

alt+tabbing will not allow me to see who is talking or just dropped into channel(I don't use the overlay because it causes my client to crash). It also has a tendency to cause stability issues with most games I've played.

#19 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostCongzilla, on 06 February 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Use the overlay.

You mean the overlay that often causes MWO to crash? Yeah... no.

#20 Baltasar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

Or, you know, we can have an option for both, you know, like a lot of games allow you to do (including this one when playing a match). Personally this kind of annoys me as well, albeit, priority is low on my list.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users