#342 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 07 February 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Not as big a threat in this game.. since you can actually hit them.. and they can't aim nearly as well unless someone is spotting for them.
(No Perma Lagshield for everyone)
(No 3PV)
(No Active Radar to give constant red-box)

This. The tactic was enormously successful in MW4 because players could use 3rd person to see over the ridge, and pop up at just the right time with weapons "pre-aimed".

Now, you're doing it blind.

That said, I expect to see poptart lances with ECM coverage soon, so I wouldn't count on LRM's being an easy response. Still, speedy spotters with TAG calling down the rain will work nicely.

#343 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 10 February 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

This. The tactic was enormously successful in MW4 because players could use 3rd person to see over the ridge, and pop up at just the right time with weapons "pre-aimed".

Now, you're doing it blind.

That said, I expect to see poptart lances with ECM coverage soon, so I wouldn't count on LRM's being an easy response. Still, speedy spotters with TAG calling down the rain will work nicely.

kinda wrong. played NBT for many years with "poptarts". NBT was forced frist person league. there u got a sesne where ppl would be base on the team u played and such. intead of just vert jumping u jumped side to side. yes it took longer to get a shot off, then that .5 in 3rd. the skilled ppl will adapt, unskilled will whine

#344 Ellen Ripley

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • LocationLV-426

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostShozen, on 09 February 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

It's all over man. We're dogmeat man. game over.

Instead of cresting a hill and taking a shot. Some people are like jumping a bit to crest a hill and take a shot.

This is unpossible! Mech's have never had Jumpjets before! PGI please do something about the poptartacolypse before someone takes their virtual gi joe's and goes home.

Quoted for awesomeness. It basically ends any sensible discussion on the matter as there is no 3rd person in this game and the netcode / hitboxes are (by and large) sufficient enough to shoot any jump-sniping Mech out of the sky, skill provided.

Also +1 for the Aliens quote :P

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users