Hammerreborn's Mech Diversity Round 2! Pretty Boy Patch

38 replies to this topic

#21 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

PPCs seem to be the weapon 'de jure', combine that with the new Jump Jet tragectory = everyone testing poptart sniping. Which means lots of CTF-3D.

I'm not sure why the Cidada isn't more popular, I have been having a blast dual PPC sniping at 130kph.

#22 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Most maps have devolved into PPC fights followed by splattercats moving in for the kills. I'm not sure if that's great for the game or not (can't complain about ECM turning the game into brawlfests with the amount of sniping going on now that PPCs/Large Lasers are viable weapons) but it's definitely changed in the short term.

Also, 11 trials in a Dragon are up. I'll finish the last 9 at some point tomorrow, it's too damn late. Then I'll just have 20 rounds of uhh....I guess my founders hunchback and atlas to finish this whole thing off unless I decide to do more trials with each.

With the Dragon trials up I now have combined results and overall combined results. As noted, there are 20 more lights and 11 more heavies on the enemy team influencing the results (but will even out when completely finished), and then issues from having players DC before the match starts causing slight fluctuations.

Lights and mediums are in a sad state.

Also, for bragging rights. With my 2 PPC (just basic completed) Dragon-1C:
Spoiler

#23 Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

the stats show something else quite funny:
The largest quantity of heavy mechs are K2s. Now I´d like to know how many of those K2s favor PPCs over ballistics.....

#24 Kobold

• Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Note that K2s are the trial heavy right now also.

#25 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostSidekick, on 09 February 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

the stats show something else quite funny:
The largest quantity of heavy mechs are K2s. Now I´d like to know how many of those K2s favor PPCs over ballistics.....

View PostKobold, on 09 February 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

Note that K2s are the trial heavy right now also.

This. I don't have any special stats for it but theres a fair share of stock K2s running around. But seeing K2 has almost always been a heavily played build (see http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1680369 where K2s were the third most seen mech in December), I don't think the trial is having a substantial effect, because guassapults/thundercats or even PPC cats with the new changes are all strong builds.

Edited by hammerreborn, 09 February 2013 - 12:58 AM.

#26 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Well, like last time, I'll toss some observations into the ring. As before, my data is on this google docs spreadsheet. Thanks to the end of round screen, enemies are recorded as well as friendlies. This is one set of 10 matches, 5 of which I spent in a raven and the other 5 in a catapult. Either tonight or tomorrow I'll do another set of 10 in mediums and assaults to even out the classes.

As for the data itself, MAN there are a ton of K2s running around. ;) There were as many K2s (21) as there were lights of all types, and more K2s than any *chassis* except cataphracts and atlases. ~15% ECM, not counting me. Partially thanks to the catapults heavies are out in force, but there's a lot of assaults as well. Even *with* me tossing a guaranteed 5 lights onto the enemy teams by piloting a raven for 5 rounds, lights and mediums *put together* are still only 30% of the total.

Edited by MuonNeutrino, 09 February 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#27 The Silent Protagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 647 posts
  • LocationUK, Buckinghamshire

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

You're seeing about the same stuff as I am. I haven't been seeing many pretty babies though, mostly wangs. And I think I must be one of only 5 people (or something) who still pilot a death snail because I NEVER see any other ones. Nice to see a decline in light mechs, seeing as they used to dominate the rosters, but it seems those who can't handle the reduced lagshield have all gone back to Cats of various denominations, and heavies are dominating the rosters. Still waiting on the days when there'll be about equal numbers of each class. I prefer fighting heavies to lights though because I can often outmanoeuvre them, so I'm not feeling too bad. I've also noticed a lot more non-D-DC atlai running around, so I'm guessing people are getting bored of it now? Or am I the only one seeing this?

#28 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostLt XKalibur, on 09 February 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

You're seeing about the same stuff as I am. I haven't been seeing many pretty babies though, mostly wangs. And I think I must be one of only 5 people (or something) who still pilot a death snail because I NEVER see any other ones. Nice to see a decline in light mechs, seeing as they used to dominate the rosters, but it seems those who can't handle the reduced lagshield have all gone back to Cats of various denominations, and heavies are dominating the rosters. Still waiting on the days when there'll be about equal numbers of each class. I prefer fighting heavies to lights though because I can often outmanoeuvre them, so I'm not feeling too bad. I've also noticed a lot more non-D-DC atlai running around, so I'm guessing people are getting bored of it now? Or am I the only one seeing this?

D's are the current trial, and a lot of people seem to be testing ppc/large laser variant builds, which the D and RS do better than the D-DC I believe (not terribly knowledgeable about the atlas)

Also once again thanks muon, and ill try to get your data with mine when I do my next set

Edited by hammerreborn, 09 February 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#29 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

K, other set of 10 done, 5 each in assaults and mediums. Significantly more light and medium mechs than last time, and not nearly as many K2s for some reason. And there were *three* whole matches with no ECM on either side, which was refreshing (even if we lost two of those).

#30 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Just let me know when you're done with that Muon and I'll add to my totals (also could you just make a combined total grid for me to just copy paste?).

Finished my Heavy set. Also collected some other data, by calculating the overall tonnage of each team to see if there was any correlation between total weight and victory (doesn't appear to be). Once again, DCs = lose for the most part, with the only winner being a premade who announced itself and TKed the "DC"

40 more matches to go that will probably be collected tomorrow and wed.

Also, interesting note of the Heavy trials. Half the lights seen (13 overall) were in just two of the 20 rounds (3 in each round).

Edited by hammerreborn, 11 February 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#31 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 08 February 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

Also, for bragging rights. With my 2 PPC (just basic completed) Dragon-1C:
Spoiler

Nicely done, may I inquire as to your build?

#32 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 11 February 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Nicely done, may I inquire as to your build?

As stated, 2 PPCs

#33 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 11 February 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

As stated, 2 PPCs

I meant did you have anything else, and what engine were you using :)
I've got a 1C with 2 PPCs as well (plus some other things) and I was wondering how close the build was.

#34 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 11 February 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

I meant did you have anything else, and what engine were you using :)
I've got a 1C with 2 PPCs as well (plus some other things) and I was wondering how close the build was.

360 XL, 17 dbl heat sinks, max armor

#35 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 11 February 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

360 XL, 17 dbl heat sinks, max armor

Ok, wow, I assumed you had some other stuff.
Mine's got a pair of mediums and an SRM6 on it as backup with a 350 and 15DHS.

That's really impressive damage for lower total DPS than a single UAC/5.

Edited by One Medic Army, 11 February 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#36 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 11 February 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Ok, wow, I assumed you had some other stuff.
Mine's got a pair of mediums and an SRM6 on it as backup with a 350 and 15DHS.

That's really impressive damage for lower total DPS than a single UAC/5.

Nope thats it. Lots of component destruction blowing off catapult ears and cataphract shoulders.

#37 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

As for the no one runs Cicadas...I run a 3M almost exclusively*. The only slow mech I have in my stable atm is a STK-3F kitted out like a Longbow.

* I have a 3C and the 2A as well so I can get my mastery. Jenner is my founder's Mech.

#38 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostJoe Davion 86, on 11 February 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

As for the no one runs Cicadas...I run a 3M almost exclusively*. The only slow mech I have in my stable atm is a STK-3F kitted out like a Longbow.

* I have a 3C and the 2A as well so I can get my mastery. Jenner is my founder's Mech.

Well you can clearly say that you are the 1%.

Awesome, 0 Awesome 8Rs. So sad, makes me want to pilot them and dress it up like a unicorn

#39 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

Medium Trials up.

Though I guess there's no real interest in this :)

Also, I saw an Awesome 8R. I WAS LIKE OMG ITS A UNICORN

Edited by hammerreborn, 12 February 2013 - 09:05 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users